• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who believes in Angels?

Lark

I actually do believe in Angels, its also not the oddest thing that I believe when I think about it. :)

S

Society

to those who said yes: what do you think of when you're saying you believe in angels?

are you talking about these:
image018.jpg

Lg_Thrones_Angels.jpg

img_large_watermarked.jpg

or these:
angels1.jpg

angels1.jpg

SaintMichael.jpg

or.. hrm.. regular looking people secretly working for god? what is it exactly?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I grew up believing in angels and have religious friends who get excited over photos that show glowing images that are declared to be angels. I was taught I had a guardian angel who would not go inside a movie theater or bar with me because those were Satan's arenas. My religious background was a bit extreme, but it stuck until I was in my 20's because I attended church related schools during that time.

Many religions have an idea of spiritual beings that comfort and guide. I have printed off and framed pictures of a variety of bodhisattvas, but I don't exactly believe in those either.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I grew up believing in angels and have religious friends who get excited over photos that show glowing images that are declared to be angels. I was taught I had a guardian angel who would not go inside a movie theater or bar with me because those were Satan's arenas. My religious background was a bit extreme, but it stuck until I was in my 20's because I attended church related schools during that time.

Many religions have an idea of spiritual beings that comfort and guide. I have printed off and framed pictures of a variety of bodhisattvas, but I don't exactly believe in those either.

justwannabeMe

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hm. religious talk. that should go over well... :yes:

for whats it worth, -going against my better judgement- , here is what I believe:

We existed before earth, and we will exist after. (not reincarnation - just us, the same, progressing).
I believe in "angels" ... but they are just ... people. no different. human spirit. not fundamentally superior to mortals.
Spirits on the pre-mortal side, or on the post-mortal side. Our family. Our friends, perhaps.
Not necessarily 'guardian angels', as pop-culture defines them, but perhaps busy assisting/doing...
Spirit is purified matter.

Thats what I believe anyway. :mellow:

Lark

to those who said yes: what do you think of when you're saying you believe in angels?

image018.jpg

Lg_Thrones_Angels.jpg

or these:
angels1.jpg

angels1.jpg

SaintMichael.jpg

I thought the ones featured in John Constantine were good.

I'm familiar with a couple of those, although the one with the aryan women is a bit freaky for some reason.

I like Dore's artwork, his scenes from the bible and dante's inferno are great.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

image018.jpg

Lg_Thrones_Angels.jpg

Yes, those, though I don't know if they are all angels and I think some things were just hard for the prophets who saw them to describe and that was the closest they could get. They might be some other species of heavenly being or they might be normal inhabitants of other planets or dimensions.

Most of the encounters with angels I've read in the Bible have them looking more like this except glowy and apparently scary, as far as I can tell:

arch-angel-by-clay-wright.jpg

It was hard to find one with clothes on. I totally should have expected that with all the Paranormal Romance I read. :doh:

I think they can look like regular people when it suits them.

Lark

image018.jpg

Lg_Thrones_Angels.jpg

Yes, those, though I don't know if they are all angels and I think some things were just hard for the prophets who saw them to describe and that was the closest they could get. They might be some other species of heavenly being or they might be normal inhabitants of other planets or dimensions.

Most of the encounters with angels I've read in the Bible have them looking more like this except glowy and apparently scary, as far as I can tell:

arch-angel-by-clay-wright.jpg

It was hard to find one with clothes on. I totally should have expected that with all the Paranormal Romance I read. :doh:

I think they can look like regular people when it suits them.

That I most certainly do believe, the interplanetary or interdimensional thing, I often think about the second bill and ted movie in which they meet the universe's greatest intelligence and didnt expect it to be an extraterrestrial or non-human being.

Strictly speaking, and this may amuse or amaze, the movie Dogma is actually pretty seriously orthodox in its portrayal of a lot of obscure theology, the demons, the angels, the fall angels, destroying an angels wings making them mortal etc. etc. All actual theology.

The three headed angel which is eagle, lion, man, wait is there a forth head which is a bull too? I'm not sure, anyway, that one appeared in an episode of the x -files come to earth to "kill"/reclaim the off spring which were products of angels and humans interbreeding. It was an intriguing story but not as good as the one about the incorruptables, especially since the incorruptables actually exist in more recent history and accounts.

Lark

Lg_Thrones_Angels.jpg

This one is my absolute favourite, does anyone know anything more about it?

Beorn

Permabanned
Seriously dude how awesome were the Roman Catholic Priests in that episode? Or clerics or whatever, I'd have joined up to that religious order in an instant.

Cooler than the cat nuns. That's for sure.

Lark

Cooler than the cat nuns. That's for sure.

I dont think I remember them, wait, was that the one with the really cruel piece of stretched skin and the big sad head in a huge jar?

Awesome, awesome ideas and effects, if only it werent for Tennent and the other incarnations like him.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't remember. I think they were in a couple of episodes.

article-1357962-0D3D663C000005DC-984_634x461.jpg

I may not believe in angels but I totally believe in cat nuns. :holy:

Mole

Permabanned
Cross my heart and hope to die, I believe in the nine levels of angels -

1. The Seraphim

2. The Cherubim

3. Thrones of Angels

4. Dominions of Angels

5. The Virtues

6. The Powers

7. The Principalities

8. Archangels

9. Angels.

S

Society

Most of the encounters with angels I've read in the Bible have them looking more like this except glowy and apparently scary, as far as I can tell

hmm, the only encounter i remember that implies that description is jacob wrestling the angel & grabbing onto it's heel as it tries to fly away.

Jacob-angel.jpg

in other cases it's all sort left for the imagination, though in eiyov it's implied that they are at least somewhat human - i mean, they can fit comfortable in his house, take a sit, wine & dine... i'd imagine if they came as giant twirling eyeball wheels that wouldn't be as easy.

This one is my absolute favourite, does anyone know anything more about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophanim

(FYI, no i don't believe in angels, but too much coding taxed my Ti filter, and in what's left is the Ne world where everything is possible).