• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Future Philosophical Paths

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm wondering what I should be doing when I'm off from school (like right now for a month) as far as following the path of a philosophy in the future goes, like which ones should I focus my time towards to further the evolution of my metaphysics? (see my signature for some of my past developments)

Be sure to say which particular paths you yourself would like to follow as well, and it could give me or someone else some ideas. Also feel free to say what you believe might be best for me, or any other person on this forum.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think focusing a little bit on the physical might be best for you.:smile:

Standuble

If you are asking "which branches of wisdom would grant me access to new insights regarding higher mysteries of the universe?" I would immediately suggest nihilism. It is a very in-depth and is bound to let you see the universe from a new perspective. Other than that I would suggest solipism, neo-platonism, arcane and esoteric knowledge from ancient history (aka stuff which you have never been exposed to and thus have never moulded your perceptions) including Manichaeism, Roman and Greek mystery religions, obscure branches of Eastern philosophy, Hinduism and Buddhism, ancient epics including the Vimanavatthu and Zoroastrianism.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm wondering what I should be doing when I'm off from school (like right now for a month) as far as following the path of a philosophy in the future goes, like which ones should I focus my time towards to further the evolution of my metaphysics? (see my signature for some of my past developments)

Be sure to say which particular paths you yourself would like to follow as well, and it could give me or someone else some ideas. Also feel free to say what you believe might be best for me, or any other person on this forum.

Western philosophy is a critique of philosophical paths. But I think that's the last thing you want, I think you are looking for a religious path.

Perhaps you might like to read, "The Varieties of Religious Experience: a Study in Human Nature", by William James.

You can discover William James by reading http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/JamVari.html

roman67

If you are asking "which branches of wisdom would grant me access to new insights regarding higher mysteries of the universe?" I would immediately suggest nihilism. It is a very in-depth and is bound to let you see the universe from a new perspective. Other than that I would suggest solipism, neo-platonism, arcane and esoteric knowledge from ancient history (aka stuff which you have never been exposed to and thus have never moulded your perceptions) including Manichaeism, Roman and Greek mystery religions, obscure branches of Eastern philosophy, Hinduism and Buddhism, ancient epics including the Vimanavatthu and Zoroastrianism.

This answer looks valid.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a soft spot for Sufi mysticism... a bit more of a "heart" touch than your previous explorations, maybe.