User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is God Evil? Can we overthrow him?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • God is Evil and cannot be overthrown.

1 6.25%
  • God is Good and cannot be overthrown.

7 43.75%
  • God is Evil and can be overthrown.

6 37.50%
  • God is Good and can be overthrown.

2 12.50%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Is God Evil?
    There's an implicit "praise me or I'll send you to an eternity in Hell" rule that makes Hitler look like Mother Teresa in comparison.

Can we overthrow him?
    Luckily, he merely exists within people's mind, so a massive brainwash should be enough.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    There's an implicit "praise me or I'll send you to an eternity in Hell" rule that makes Hitler look like Mother Teresa in comparison.

Luckily, he merely exists within people's mind, so a massive brainwash should be enough.
    How dare you defy the almighty power of God! You will invoke his wrath so that he summons another great flood to wash all of your dirty wiskedness away. Heaven has no place for the unworthy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I like how the 5 folks so far who voted God is Evil and can be overthrown are members whos post I am more fond of.

No and No.

This is a little like saying is gravity evil and can be overthrow it.

Gravity and God

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is a little like saying is gravity evil and can be overthrow it.
    When we travel into Space, we float free from gravity; and as we learn about the world, we float free from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When we travel into Space, we float free from gravity; and as we learn about the world, we float free from God.
    When you travel into space you perceive that you are free of gravity, but the reality is that gravity is working on a much higher level than you perceive and you are really being pulled at many many miles per hour around the sun and the milky way. Likewise, a little learning about the world might make you feel that there is no God and anyway you have no need for him, but you have no idea how big God really is and how much he is doing in your life while you supposedly float free of him.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    When you travel into space you perceive that you are free of gravity, but the reality is that gravity is working on a much higher level than you perceive and you are really being pulled at many many miles per hour around the sun and the milky way. Likewise, a little learning about the world might make you feel that there is no God and anyway you have no need for him, but you have no idea how big God really is and how much he is doing in your life while you supposedly float free of him.
    Is this the same God who ordered Abraham to tie up his son Isaac and then slaughter him? Is this the same God who tortured his own son, Jesus, to death?

C'mon, your God is a compulsive and repetitive child abuser.

Your God is the nightmare of childhood.

Good luck with that, the harm that's coming to is avoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    A little learning inclinith a mind towards atheism, although a lot of learning disinclinith it, or something like that, Francis Bacon, before the athiests hijacked science

Is this the same God who ordered Abraham to tie up his son Isaac and then slaughter him? Is this the same God who tortured his own son, Jesus, to death?

C'mon, your God is a compulsive and repetitive child abuser.

Your God is the nightmare of childhood.
    I think that's your God is the nightmare of childhood Victor, no one believes the one dimensional horse shite the athiests peddle and you've taken in hook, line and sinker.

What about man? God wasnt weilding any knife, it was Abraham, God didnt hammer any nails or weild any whips, in order for any of that too make sense there was always the sovereignty of the individual and all those perpetuating lies or evil can at any and all times choose not to.