User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default How do you integrate your spirituality into daily life?

Are there certain rituals and routines you incorporate in your day-to-day life? Do you find yourself noticing certain signs through the day? Are you often struck by an epiphany? Do you just incorporate the values of your spirituality into the way you interact with the world?

And what does it do for you? Do you feel more connected? Is it somethign that you recognize as being different from the rest of your life or is it part of it? And if it is part of it, do you find yourself sometimes wondering if you overlook things you should have probably paid closer attention to coz they are such an integral part of your life?

What does it mean to you to be spiritual?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

My life and my spirituality are synomyous they are indivisible.

Even when I am overcome with doubts, as has happened to me once or twice in my life, in the moments when my head or my heart can not agree to the testamony I hold to be true, I will still speak that testamony. Humans are weak, God is good. God is always good.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I meditate and do yoga, and if I get too bogged down in everything else for too long I feel like shit, so it's a state of mind (and body) and I definitely would call it "being connected" ... I completely understand why some Catholics go pray every morning at 7 or go to morning mass...those people are just more spiritual than others.

I don't necessarily think it's compulsive religion. It does for them what doing yoga does for me, or something.

I also try to notice what things happening in my life are trying to tell me, and if I ignore those things, and live on the surface, then I also feel less connected.

I'm always very connected to my values, but I'm not always sure my deepest values are as spiritual as they should be; many of them are, but some of it is ego driven, and examining why some of my values are so ego driven probably has to do with things like fear and self-preservation.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I shoot squirrels from mah porch.

I honor the tree gods by cowering inside my room while their miniature armies roam the air outside. It is an annual ritual I perform with pathological devotion.
    Last edited by Nicodemus; 05-06-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Of course we show we are superior to religion by being 'spiritual'.

And even better, we are seen to be superior.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

Besides prayers during the day, I enjoy reading and listening to radio broadcasts that expand my knowledge of the faith

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't think I'm particularly spiritual. My religious beliefs influenced my thought and my behavior, but ritual and altered states of consciousness don't appeal to me a whole lot.

Two scriptures that have become touchstones to me are:

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

That's more or less what I'm working towards, with varying levels of success.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

'Spiritual' is a buzz word. Why fall for it?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    'Spiritual' is a buzz word. Why fall for it?
    My own reaction to it is "What does that even mean?" But it does seem to mean a lot to a lot of people, so I just figured I was missing some important component to my psyche or something. But my dad is kind of the same way and he is an admirable and ethical man, so I feel like I can be a decent human being while being (kind of) religious, but not spiritual.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers