User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    My own reaction to it is "What does that even mean?" But it does seem to mean a lot to a lot of people, so I just figured I was missing some important component to my psyche or something. But my dad is kind of the same way and he is an admirable and ethical man, so I feel like I can be a decent human being while being (kind of) religious, but not spiritual.
    Religion has fallen out of favour. Or we might say, religion is not cool. But we all have a psyche, even your own father, so we seek for some way to express it. Some of us have become 'spiritual'. Some of us are decent and ethical. I long to fall into Alph, the sacred river, running through caverns measureless to man, feed on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise. Yet here we stand, on the shore.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

For clarification purposes:

I used spiritual in stead of religious in an attempt to encompass both religion and those that practice 'enlightenment' practices who are not exactly comfortable with the word 'religious' (like some agnostics and those refusing to associate with a particular organised religion). Iow, to make it as broad an umbrella term as possible.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

I listen to the Hanuman chalisa, Hare Krishna (the mantra not the society) and Raghupati Raghav Rajaram.

not that I'm doing it to be spiritual, but because I just like them.

that's as close to being spiritual as I get.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I think I lack spirituality to be honest.

I only feel connected to people through the bonds we build. But sometimes I look up at the sky at night and the starts blink and I am overwhelmed with gladness that i'm allowed to see them....just this once.

Then it reminds me of the relationships between the beautiful systems of nature. That is about as spiritual as I become.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

Yeah,if I say I pray to flying spaghetti monster everyday,would you believe I am very spiritual and kind?

RAmen!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Interesting. I thought there were a lot of spiritual/religious people on this forum. But what does it then entail/mean to them? Or are people reluctant to share due to the private nature and potential risk of ridiculing that exists on here on a topic that is perhaps too sensitive to bear it?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I try to recognize the sacred/sublime in everyday life. I don't have any special rituals, it's just become a habit to keep it in mind and try to act accordingly: to be constantly striving towards a. a widened and refreshed perspective and b. self-actualization and the actualization of others.

My ideologies are very similar to those of Marilynne Robinson, so instead of my own incoherent thoughts I'll just share a few of hers:

http://chronicle.com/article/Reclaim...of-the/130705/ (I don't expect anyone to read this, really, but I promise it's good)

"We explain others to ourselves without reference to what were once called their souls, to their solitary and singular participation in this mystery of being. We are not much in awe of each other these days."

there's also this quote by Duane Elgin that touches on the same idea

"consequently, by virtue of a largely unconscious social agreement about the nature of our inner thought processes, we live individually and collectively almost totally embedded within our mentally constructed reality. we are so busy creating ever more appealing images or social facades for others to see, and so distracted from the simplicity of our spontaneously arising self, that we do not truly encounter either ourselves or one another. in the process we lose a large measure of our innate capacity for voluntary, deliberate, intentional action."

I've never referred to myself as "spiritual" because I really dislike the connotations, but yeah, this is how I maintain my connection with what I feel is most essential and real.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I've always found metaphysics far more valuable than spiritualism - but I do have one spirituality link in my singnature regardless, just to fill up the whole spectrum; it's titled "Divine Master".

MBTI
    yupp

pretty much I've been working on mine lately: try to pray twice a day, and help people when I can. But not pray in a religious sense, and I don't pray for things I want i pray for god's will and for other people (often those I hold resentments against). It actually helps me accept things for how they are, I don't know if I am praying to anything, but it helps regardless, it's crazy. Also I make a gratitude list daily, and try to be as honest as i can about what i'm grateful for. somedays are easy some days are hard.

believe it or not doing those simple things put me in a better headspace in general
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I don't have a daily ritual...of any kind... I'm not a very structured or organized person. but I so try to make sure I connect with god. I usually pray during the day, I have a devotional book I've been working out of, I like reading theology and when I'm alone sometimes I like to make up/sing worship like songs. When I go to yoga generally I try to focus on god. I journal my prayers because it feels easier than speaking. I go to a women's group.

What I've really trying to be disciplined about lately is meditating, be quiet and listening.

One things that's always been good for me in walks in nature.