User Tag List

Thread: being protected

MBTI
    yupp

Default being protected

So last night I think some sort benevolent spirit (god? angel? something else? I don't know) formed an invisble arch above my head and said "Get out of their minds" in a shrill but booming voice, and I think it kept some sort of evil out, which makes me feel really good. Anyone else have such an experience, where you felt protected by something higher than yourself?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    yupp

I guess this wasn't a good forum for this.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

No, I suppose not.

I have had a near death experience in my life before.. but the closest I've come to this:

Our radios went down in Iraq for our trip back to the base. 5 minutes before we were set to take off, after checking the radios and ensuring they were fine, they all crashed. It took about an extra, stressful, 5 minutes to get them back up... leaving late is really not tolerated, but we had no choice we had to be able to talk to each other. On the street we were going down, at the time we were suppose to be there, a convoy with the same type of vehicles as ours was hit by an RPG, and the lead gunner (my position) was thrown from the vehicle. We had to reroute when we saw it, because we had high priority people with us and we called it in accordingly, but it was really surreal to see what, in all likelihood should have been me, happened just then, knowing we would have been right there if our radios had not died on us suddenly.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    No, I suppose not.

I have had a near death experience in my life before.. but the closest I've come to this:

Our radios went down in Iraq for our trip back to the base. 5 minutes before we were set to take off, after checking the radios and ensuring they were fine, they all crashed. It took about an extra, stressful, 5 minutes to get them back up... leaving late is really not tolerated, but we had no choice we had to be able to talk to each other. On the street we were going down, at the time we were suppose to be there, a convoy with the same type of vehicles as ours was hit by an RPG, and the lead gunner (my position) was thrown from the vehicle. We had to reroute when we saw it, because we had high priority people with us and we called it in accordingly, but it was really surreal to see what, in all likelihood should have been me, happened just then, knowing we would have been right there if our radios had not died on us suddenly.
    yeah this is one of those situations that makes me believe every thing happens for a reason, and there's no happy coincidences. that everything is connected in some way. I know this sounds hippy chick shit, but really look at how life goes and all the times things should have happen but didn't. it's like its not your time yet.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So last night I think some sort benevolent spirit (god? angel? something else? I don't know) formed an invisble arch above my head and said "Get out of their minds" in a shrill but booming voice, and I think it kept some sort of evil out, which makes me feel really good. Anyone else have such an experience, where you felt protected by something higher than yourself?
    Erm... No.

Glycerine

I don't think I have had a "booming voice" to protect me. However, there have been many things in my life that have happened where I totally lucked out. My life had a lot of potential to have been much more fucked up than it is now. Some people like to say that God provided for me....

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I don't think I have had a "booming voice" to protect me. However, there have been many things in my life that have happened where I totally lucked out. My life had a lot of potential to have been much more fucked up than it is now. Some people like to say that God provided for me....
    Yeah, I didn't mean exactly the situation that happened to me, I meant in general.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all