• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

being protected

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So last night I think some sort benevolent spirit (god? angel? something else? I don't know) formed an invisble arch above my head and said "Get out of their minds" in a shrill but booming voice, and I think it kept some sort of evil out, which makes me feel really good. Anyone else have such an experience, where you felt protected by something higher than yourself?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
No, I suppose not.

I have had a near death experience in my life before.. but the closest I've come to this:

Our radios went down in Iraq for our trip back to the base. 5 minutes before we were set to take off, after checking the radios and ensuring they were fine, they all crashed. It took about an extra, stressful, 5 minutes to get them back up... leaving late is really not tolerated, but we had no choice we had to be able to talk to each other. On the street we were going down, at the time we were suppose to be there, a convoy with the same type of vehicles as ours was hit by an RPG, and the lead gunner (my position) was thrown from the vehicle. We had to reroute when we saw it, because we had high priority people with us and we called it in accordingly, but it was really surreal to see what, in all likelihood should have been me, happened just then, knowing we would have been right there if our radios had not died on us suddenly.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
No, I suppose not.

I have had a near death experience in my life before.. but the closest I've come to this:

Our radios went down in Iraq for our trip back to the base. 5 minutes before we were set to take off, after checking the radios and ensuring they were fine, they all crashed. It took about an extra, stressful, 5 minutes to get them back up... leaving late is really not tolerated, but we had no choice we had to be able to talk to each other. On the street we were going down, at the time we were suppose to be there, a convoy with the same type of vehicles as ours was hit by an RPG, and the lead gunner (my position) was thrown from the vehicle. We had to reroute when we saw it, because we had high priority people with us and we called it in accordingly, but it was really surreal to see what, in all likelihood should have been me, happened just then, knowing we would have been right there if our radios had not died on us suddenly.
yeah this is one of those situations that makes me believe every thing happens for a reason, and there's no happy coincidences. that everything is connected in some way. I know this sounds hippy chick shit, but really look at how life goes and all the times things should have happen but didn't. it's like its not your time yet.

En Gallop

So last night I think some sort benevolent spirit (god? angel? something else? I don't know) formed an invisble arch above my head and said "Get out of their minds" in a shrill but booming voice, and I think it kept some sort of evil out, which makes me feel really good. Anyone else have such an experience, where you felt protected by something higher than yourself?

Erm... No. :)

G

Glycerine

I don't think I have had a "booming voice" to protect me. However, there have been many things in my life that have happened where I totally lucked out. My life had a lot of potential to have been much more fucked up than it is now. Some people like to say that God provided for me....

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't think I have had a "booming voice" to protect me. However, there have been many things in my life that have happened where I totally lucked out. My life had a lot of potential to have been much more fucked up than it is now. Some people like to say that God provided for me....

Yeah, I didn't mean exactly the situation that happened to me, I meant in general.