User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Here is wiki for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

And you were right that he loved animals, but failed to specify that it was the *dead* ones.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Here is wiki for you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

And you were right that he loved animals, but failed to specify that it was the *dead* ones.
    Um, the bolded part is wrong. Read my previous post. And I don't need the wiki, I have read many books on him.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Um, the bolded part is wrong. Read my previous post. And I don't need the wiki, I have read many books on him.
    You added that as an edit which is why I didn't read it before.

Then it would be helpful for the discussion for you to cite the books and write in more depth. You can't expect people to take exaggerated, over-simplified statements framed flippantly as the result of years of research. If you have a developed basis for your position, then share it.

Edit: and it still feels strange to me that you only added that edit after I posted the same information about the dead animals.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I cba to google for you.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

My take on ethics is that it all comes down to something as basic as "us vs them". It depends on how you define 'us'. I really believe world peace is achievable through extending your compassion to include everything, then we'll all be 'us'.

Is this Fe talk?
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Riva

ethics aren't that black and white nor is the justice system (if practiced properly). However though he might have helped certain people in certain ways to the eyes of the law (which is one of the main factors that helps hamanity to remain humane) he is a criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    My take on ethics is that it all comes down to something as basic as "us vs them". It depends on how you define 'us'. I really believe world peace is achievable through extending your compassion to include everything, then we'll all be 'us'.Is this Fe talk?
    Very good point indeed. The main reason for racism is prejudice (i hope that translated correctly) due to the feeling of us vs them. It's simple as that. So when learns about other races/cultures one would learn that though on the surface cultures have their differences, the people and their levels of consciousness aren't too different from our own. Others are people just like our own who have empathy and sympathy. So the best way to feel that others are the same as 'us' is to study about other cultures. (This is best done through media directed at adults and not to kids at school who might feel the emphasis on the differences.) I do realize this isn't what the op is addressing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Very good point indeed. The main reason for racism is prejudice (i hope that translated correctly) due to the feeling of us vs them. It's simple as that. So when learns about other races/cultures one would learn that though on the surface cultures have their differences, the people and their levels of consciousness aren't too different from our own. Others are people just like our own who have empathy and sympathy. So the best way to feel that others are the same as 'us' is to study about other cultures. (This is best done through media directed at adults and not to kids at school who might feel the emphasis on the differences.) I do realize this isn't what the op is addressing.
    I have an idea that the best way to combat racism is NOT forcing everyone to be painfully PC, but to promote foreign movies and literature. I know it's probably a bit naive, but well...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Riva

I have an idea that the best way to combat racism is NOT forcing everyone to be painfully PC, but to promote foreign movies and literature. I know it's probably a bit naive, but well...
    Pc? Literature sounds like a great idea. I've noticed that though i'm from south asia i'm more fond of/tolerant/accepting towards english/western culture than most other asian (mainly middle eastern) cultures which is probably due to reading books/literature of english authors. movies however will promote the movie and the cast than educating about cultures/people. Hmm.. Since we disagreed should we argue about this till the thread gets locked and one of us gets banned?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

This is not naive its the only way to learn about foreign cultures.

One thing shouldnt be forgotten: it was not Hitler alone who did all this. He had lots of people behind him who organized his madness and supported it. That would be the real problem. And that is what shocks me personally more than anything else.
    Nowadays when I see group movements like people buying the Iphone, it brings a cold shiver down my neck cause its those group idealists that turn into fanatics that scare me more than anything else.

I have read the story about the dealings with his niece as well. In the dealings with her, he was a little, angry and forceful person. He seemed to be a person who wasnt very authoritarian and that pissed him off even more when people didnt do what he wanted. I dont think that his being was a singualarity in that time. There were many angry little men, who behaved like patriarchs in their families and many families were far from democratic structures.

When you boild it all down I think the greatest danger stems from small angry people who want to impose their will onto others. There may be many power-hungry people who are willing to go over corpses to reach their goals, but most of them are harmless to humanity cause they are egoistic and do stuff only for themselves. Hitler tho wanted to create the World in his image and I think those are the most dangerous people.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I think this is a numbers game.

On the one hand: 'Old lady'

On the other: 'Cause of genocide'

Well oldie will get him 50 points on the karma scale. But genocide loses him -350 points. Putting him at a negative of -300.

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.