• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?"

In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
0285-mimimis-da-vida-real.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you're trolling. The "everything is fine but don't talk about concentration camps" was a troll joke.

Or else you're embarrassed that a 10 year old ISFJ emerged from your INTP soul and said something super-dumb.

W

WALMART

Who doesn't know that Nagasaki or Hiroshima were an attack against a race/nation of people?

Who doesn't know this?

This is my first time hearing it portrayed in this light, it being an attack against a race apart from an enemy.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you're trolling. The "everything is fine but don't talk about concentration camps" was a troll joke.

Or else you're embarrassed that a 10 year old ISFJ emerged from your INTP soul and said something super-dumb.
Nice try.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is my first time hearing it portrayed in this light, it being an attack against a race apart from an enemy.

The Germans saw Jews as enemies who were infiltrating their society.

I think it's interesting the way that history has reframed Jewish people as the only victims, when people such as German homosexuals and Russians and Poles were also murdered.

Most of the people who died in the two bombs dropped in Japan were civilians, many were children.

The United States also had holding camps for Japanese-Americans during WWII, but did not torture them in the same way that Germans tortured people in their camps.

W

WALMART

The Germans saw Jews as enemies who were infiltrating their society.

I think it's interesting the way that history has reframed Jewish people as the only victims, when people such as German homosexuals and Russians and Poles were also murdered.

Most of the people who died in the two bombs dropped in Japan were civilians, many were children.

The United States also had holding camps for Japanese-Americans during WWII, but did not torture them in the same way that Germans tortured people in their camps.

Yes, unfortunate measures were enacted - TSA v0.1. However, I do not view anything that happened in those two cities as anything comparable to what the Germans did to minority groups, or the Japanese did to China, or the Russians did to themselves.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, unfortunate measures were enacted - TSA v0.1. However, I do not view anything that happened in those two cities as anything comparable to what the Germans did to minority groups, or the Japanese did to China, or the Russians did to themselves.

You have a kind of weird patriotism that is common in ISTJs.

We couldn't have "won" WWII without the Russians as our allies, the Soviet part of WWII battle with Germany was huge, and yes the Japanese had their weird death before dishonor thing, but I really don't think the SECOND atomic bomb was necessary.

But Merka, fuck yeah, right, brah?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So you're trolling.
Nope.

I never said you couldn't talk about holocaust, but you need to realize that there's a difference between watching people agonizing to the point of desiring they had never been born and watching a giant explosion (that's basically all I would see).

Besides, no one has to die, as "in a certain light" gives a lot of flexibility for the scenarios.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nope.

I never said you couldn't talk about holocaust, but you need to realize that there's a difference between watching people agonizing to the point of desiring they had never been born and watching a giant explosion (that's basically all I would see).

Besides, no one has to die, as "in a certain light" gives a lot of flexibility for the scenarios.

Oh really? A giant explosion is all you see?

How about you google "chernobyl" in google images.

I'll wait.

And that wasn't even a bomb, that's just fall-out from a nuclear plant explosion.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The scenario is mine, and I control the variables.

If there's a declared nuclear war, it is expected that people would wear anti radiation clothes.

Also...

in a certain light
in a certain light
in a certain light
in a certain light
in a certain light

W

WALMART

You have a kind of weird patriotism that is common in ISTJs.

We couldn't have "won" WWII without the Russians as our allies, the Soviet part of WWII battle with Germany was huge, and yes the Japanese had their weird death before dishonor thing, but I really don't think the SECOND atomic bomb was necessary.

But Merka, fuck yeah, right, brah?

I did not state the Russians were of no help, I simply contrasted the era of red terror to the two atomic bombings... but yes, they were savages even in battle. It worked, I guess.

The first bomb was justified, then? So it can be logically extended the necessity of the second bomb is a matter of opinion? Bare in mind it resulted in an objective conclusion of the Pacific front with the added benefit of minimizing American (and Japanese, perhaps) causalities.

But yeah, again - good read, I love 'Merka.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I did not state the Russians were of no help, I simply contrasted the era of red terror to the two atomic bombings... but yes, they were savages even in battle. It worked, I guess.

Your attitude is so gross. You seem to be unaware that these were the same people who had a golden age of literature and had produced some of the greatest mathematicians, dancers, and gymnasts in the world.

The first bomb was justified, then? So it can be logically extended the necessity of the second bomb is a matter of opinion? Bare in mind it resulted in an objective conclusion of the Pacific front with the added benefit of minimizing American (and Japanese, perhaps) causalities.

But yeah, again - good read, I love 'Merka.

Yeah and if you'd lived in Russia or Cuba or South Africa, you'd be proud there too.

W

WALMART

Your attitude is so gross. You seem to be unaware that these were the same people who had a golden age of literature and had produced some of the greatest mathematicians, dancers, and gymnasts in the world.

One of my favorite pieces was written during the war by a Russian about the siege of Leningrad.

Yeah and if you'd lived in Russia or Cuba or South Africa, you'd be proud there too.

Concurred (though with less validity, of course).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
One of my favorite pieces was written during the war by a Russian about the siege of Leningrad.

Concurred (though with less validity, of course).

You just called Russian people savages. You can call the Bolsheviks who overtook the Romanovs peasant savages, because they were, but don't call the Russians savages, it's racism against Slavic people, and it makes me want to barf.

It's like you saying some of your best friends are black. It's weird to me. I don't like it, especially since I see Russian culture historically as so noble, it's actually one of the more elevated and advanced world cultures, in the big picture.

W

WALMART

You just called Russian people savages. You can call the Bolsheviks who overtook the Romanovs peasant savages, because they were, but don't call the Russians savages, it's racism against Slavic people, and it makes me want to barf.

It's like you saying some of your best friends are black. It's weird to me. I don't like it, especially since I see Russian culture historically as so noble, it's actually one of the more elevated and advanced world cultures, in the big picture.

Uh, I said in battle they were savages. Because they were.

Though I should amend, there is an account of a British officer during the Battle of the Somme shooting one out a pack of deserters to convince them to return to battle. That officer was a savage as well, for those few moments. Battle is weird.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Uh, I said in battle they were savages. Because they were.

Though I should amend, there is an account of a British officer during the Battle of the Somme shooting one out a pack of deserters to convince them to return to battle. That officer was a savage as well, for those few moments. Battle is weird.

Savages

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hardly comparable, as an isolated event versus a systematic structure. But I see how knowledge of that would make you feel all warm inside, given this context.

Hardly comparable, given the long and detailed history of Russian savagery, and that one isolated incident of Americans acting like savages, like the Hatfields and the McCoys, African-American slavery, school shootings, and the Abu Ghraib prison torture.