User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 52.50%
  • No

    19 47.50%
First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 313

  1. #51
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    The scenario is mine, and I control the variables.

    If there's a declared nuclear war, it is expected that people would wear anti radiation clothes.

    Also...

    in a certain light
    in a certain light
    in a certain light
    in a certain light
    in a certain light
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  2. #52
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You have a kind of weird patriotism that is common in ISTJs.

    We couldn't have "won" WWII without the Russians as our allies, the Soviet part of WWII battle with Germany was huge, and yes the Japanese had their weird death before dishonor thing, but I really don't think the SECOND atomic bomb was necessary.

    But Merka, fuck yeah, right, brah?

    I did not state the Russians were of no help, I simply contrasted the era of red terror to the two atomic bombings... but yes, they were savages even in battle. It worked, I guess.


    The first bomb was justified, then? So it can be logically extended the necessity of the second bomb is a matter of opinion? Bare in mind it resulted in an objective conclusion of the Pacific front with the added benefit of minimizing American (and Japanese, perhaps) causalities.


    But yeah, again - good read, I love 'Merka.

  3. #53
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I did not state the Russians were of no help, I simply contrasted the era of red terror to the two atomic bombings... but yes, they were savages even in battle. It worked, I guess.
    Your attitude is so gross. You seem to be unaware that these were the same people who had a golden age of literature and had produced some of the greatest mathematicians, dancers, and gymnasts in the world.

    The first bomb was justified, then? So it can be logically extended the necessity of the second bomb is a matter of opinion? Bare in mind it resulted in an objective conclusion of the Pacific front with the added benefit of minimizing American (and Japanese, perhaps) causalities.


    But yeah, again - good read, I love 'Merka.
    Yeah and if you'd lived in Russia or Cuba or South Africa, you'd be proud there too.

  4. #54
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Your attitude is so gross. You seem to be unaware that these were the same people who had a golden age of literature and had produced some of the greatest mathematicians, dancers, and gymnasts in the world.

    One of my favorite pieces was written during the war by a Russian about the siege of Leningrad.


    Yeah and if you'd lived in Russia or Cuba or South Africa, you'd be proud there too.

    Concurred (though with less validity, of course).

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    One of my favorite pieces was written during the war by a Russian about the siege of Leningrad.





    Concurred (though with less validity, of course).
    You just called Russian people savages. You can call the Bolsheviks who overtook the Romanovs peasant savages, because they were, but don't call the Russians savages, it's racism against Slavic people, and it makes me want to barf.

    It's like you saying some of your best friends are black. It's weird to me. I don't like it, especially since I see Russian culture historically as so noble, it's actually one of the more elevated and advanced world cultures, in the big picture.

  6. #56
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You just called Russian people savages. You can call the Bolsheviks who overtook the Romanovs peasant savages, because they were, but don't call the Russians savages, it's racism against Slavic people, and it makes me want to barf.

    It's like you saying some of your best friends are black. It's weird to me. I don't like it, especially since I see Russian culture historically as so noble, it's actually one of the more elevated and advanced world cultures, in the big picture.

    Uh, I said in battle they were savages. Because they were.


    Though I should amend, there is an account of a British officer during the Battle of the Somme shooting one out a pack of deserters to convince them to return to battle. That officer was a savage as well, for those few moments. Battle is weird.

  7. #57
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  8. #58
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Uh, I said in battle they were savages. Because they were.


    Though I should amend, there is an account of a British officer during the Battle of the Somme shooting one out a pack of deserters to convince them to return to battle. That officer was a savage as well, for those few moments. Battle is weird.
    Savages

  9. #59
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post

    Hardly comparable, as an isolated event versus a systematic structure. But I see how knowledge of that would make you feel all warm inside, given this context.

  10. #60
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Hardly comparable, as an isolated event versus a systematic structure. But I see how knowledge of that would make you feel all warm inside, given this context.
    Hardly comparable, given the long and detailed history of Russian savagery, and that one isolated incident of Americans acting like savages, like the Hatfields and the McCoys, African-American slavery, school shootings, and the Abu Ghraib prison torture.

Similar Threads

  1. With the best will in the world, is will enough, can it be sustained?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 07:39 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. Put your type in the best light
    By Laurie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
  4. So there's a nuclear war...
    By Langrenus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
  5. Pick up groups in MMORPGs (or just WoW and guild wars)
    By Zergling in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO