User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 52.50%
  • No

    19 47.50%
First 2129303132 Last

Results 301 to 310 of 313

  1. #301
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Sis, overthinking is what I do best. The answer is not underthought, that much I can guarantee.

    Nuclear explosions are impressive, and to watch them being exploded without compromising my own safety would be incredible. People suffering/dying isn't exciting, but 'in a certain light' gives me freedom to focus on whatever aspect I want.

    I would not want to see a nuclear war. But it could be exciting, in a way. And I wouldn't spend my days crying because humanity has lost its mind. I'd try to enjoy the show. If rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it.

    Don't like the concentration camp analogy, as people being tortured because of their race is not something I'd find cool in any way.
    You don't like the concentration camp analogy, but you do like the rape analogy...
    Hmm. The link between concentration camps and war is not a massive leap. Neither is the link between war and rape, of course. But war and 'enjoyable rape'? That's more of a challenge.
    I'm just wondering if this is the real reason you find yourself incompatible with "most women"...?

    Certainly a super-interesting post, from an analysis perspective. Though "overthought" is not how I would personally characterise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #302
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You don't like the concentration camp analogy, but you do like the rape analogy...
    Yes.
    Hmm. The link between concentration camps and war is not a massive leap. Neither is the link between war and rape, of course. But war and 'enjoyable rape'? That's more of a challenge.
    It should be.

    I'm just wondering if this is the real reason you find yourself incompatible with "most women"...?
    You have an annoying compulsion of wanting to see misogynism everywhere, which compromises your intellectual honesty and makes your posts obnoxious and impertinent.

    Certainly a super-interesting post, from an analysis perspective. Though "overthought" is not how I would personally characterise it.
    Nobody cares.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  3. #303
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You have an annoying compulsion of wanting to see misogynism everywhere, which compromises your intellectual honesty and makes your posts obnoxious and impertinent.
    It beats your annoying compulsion to start stupid, adolescent threads that you imagine make you seem thoughtful.

    Oh, and it's misogyny. If you're going to practice it, you might at least learn how to spell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  4. #304
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,784

    Default

    only if the put chemicals in it that make the smoke different colors, than i will accept a nuclear war. otherwise no dice
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #305
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It beats your annoying compulsion to start stupid, adolescent threads that you imagine make you seem thoughtful.
    Yet again you assume you know more than you do (which is extremely recurrent).

    Do not engage me again. I unfriended you for a reason.

    Bye.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  6. #306
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yet again you assume you know more than you do (which is extremely recurrent).

    Do not engage me again. I unfriended you for a reason.

    Bye.
    Did you? Lol. I hadn't noticed. I don't engage you, merely challenge the stupider of the many stupid things you say. And will continue to do so.
    Have a day. [Thank you, Marm]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #307
    Member Triforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    70

    Default

    It would be exciting indeed.

    I don`t want and i do not seek dangerous situations.. And i don`t hope for bad times.

    Its a simple craving for exitement, chance and knowledge and so on, that is overruled by logic, reason and caring for others and yourselfs health.

  8. #308
    Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    348

    Default

    it's exciting in the way that having your house blown away by a hurricane is exciting.

    it's definitely not 'boring' but exciting is hardly the right word because that word implies it's something positive. :/
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

    "I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

  9. #309
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Radiation burns are SO EXCITING!!!

  10. #310
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    In a certain light nothing can ever be exciting again. My God, you people would ruin even nuclear war!
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

Similar Threads

  1. With the best will in the world, is will enough, can it be sustained?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 07:39 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. Put your type in the best light
    By Laurie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
  4. So there's a nuclear war...
    By Langrenus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
  5. Pick up groups in MMORPGs (or just WoW and guild wars)
    By Zergling in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO