User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 52.50%
  • No

19 47.50%
First 192728293031 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Good-bye Gingko. Happy trolling.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I don't want to discuss my type. I'm factually telling you, that what occurred within the thread, was Kalach saying certain traits of mine were due to Si, and I simply suggested that if he actually read Jung, it would be Se.
    I don't always read Jung, but when I do I observe he described functions by placing them in hypothetical persons for whom the concerns of the given function dominated all others to the extent of taking exclusive control of all cognitive activity. In real life, in contrast to the pure Se of Jung's descriptions, ESFPS, for instance, and in my limited experience, make up all sorts of speculations. But yes indeed, they do get irritated if they're not allowed to do it for effect, and it does tend anyway to appear only in fragments at right moments. I think if you asked them to consider nuclear war, and you had the power to actually make them not mercurially bring discussion right back into the immediate moment, they'd imagine you were trying to kill them.

And Gingko does not seem to me to be INFJ.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I don't always read Jung, but when I do I observe he described functions by placing them in hypothetical persons for whom the concerns of the given function dominated all others to the extent of taking exclusive control of all cognitive activity. In real life, in contrast to the pure Se of Jung's descriptions, ESFPS, for instance, and in my limited experience, make up all sorts of speculations. But yes indeed, they do get irritated if they're not allowed to do it for effect, and it does tend anyway to appear only in fragments at right moments. I think if you asked them to consider nuclear war, and you had the power to actually make them not mercurially bring discussion right back into the immediate moment, they'd imagine you were trying to kill them.

And Gingko does not seem to me to be INFJ.
    You guys are all trying to kill us. You must not have been listening to my entire tirade.

And yeah, I know, but I thought you might think so since he has such a positive attitude toward nuclear destruction.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I can't believe you guys think that all Se types only talk about what is immediately going on. You're not describing Se types, you're describing retarded people. Jesus, even borderline retarded people talk about their families and other things.

MBTI
    INTJ

Marm, why are you mimicking my "you people" style? I use "you people" (and usually not "guys" because that's friendly) to avoid directly targeting current interlocutors. It's a ham-fisted move, of course, but, at least in form, it speaks to altering external standards (as opposed to altering people, which is immoral). Instead of imagining that individual people are holding their own precious ideas, which I should respect, I frame the discussion in terms of some larger group of people that could, impersonally, benefit from reinventing their list of supposed truths. I "you people" over the individuals, like wallpapering over the cracks. It's not particularly subtle as a human outreach mechanism, but I'm not particularly familiar with swaying people indirectly, nor actually swaying them especially with logic. I'm interested to know, are you "you guys"-ing for the same reason? We might have to come up with different techniques.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Marm, why are you mimicking my "you people" style? I use "you people" (and usually not "guys" because that's friendly) to avoid targeting particular people. It's a ham-fisted move, of course, but, at least in form, it speaks to altering external standards (as opposed to altering people, which is immoral). Instead of imagining that individual people are holding their own precious ideas, which I should respect, I frame the discussion in terms of some larger group of people that could, impersonally, benefit from reinventing their list of supposed truths. I "you people" over the individuals, like wallpapering over the cracks. It's not particularly subtle as a human outreach mechanism, but I'm not particularly familiar with swaying people indirectly, nor actually swaying them especially with logic. I'm interested to know, are you "you guys"-ing for the same reason? We might have to come up with different techniques.
    I'm not mimicking you, you narcissist. "You people" is pretty generic, I throw around a lot of obnoxious slang: bro, brah, broskini, son, you people, fuckwits... are you saying I'm using Te?

Fantastic. I'm using Te.

No, but seriously, it's a form of making a person impersonal, so that it's almost funny. I like it that way. Tongue-in-cheek yet severe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Fair enough. I just noticed you people starting to do it. Maybe some person identified a not wholly instantiated trend.

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Possibly, son. Possibly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Don't you hate when you burp and it burns the inside of your nose?

MBTI
    INTJ

In a certain light, it can be very exciting.

Boy meets Grr