User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 52.50%
  • No

19 47.50%
First 182627282930 Last

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    You've got to step aside and just take it easy, they're just baiting you now.
    Those who bait the vulnerable are bullies.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    What makes you think their reasons are different than mine? I'm the only person who voted from my real ethics? Everyone else caved to peer pressure? I wasn't making it about me, I was saying if I didn't vote that way for that reason, then assuredly other people have real ethics that have nothing to do with peer pressure.

Um, I'm not sure what you're talking about, Kalach was talking about Si and I was pointing out that Jung actually said that Se types dislike conjecture for conjectures sake in Psychological Types, and this was an afterthought, something that came much later after my initial authentic response.

See, I feel/act first and analyze later. You give me way too much credit if you think I analyze first. LOL.

You think I lack imagination because I interpret the word "exciting" as something positive, and therefore based my entire response on my realistic appraisal of why I could not morally fathom nuclear war being a pleasurable experience?

I'm just going to presume that you didn't read the whole thread, because this response was just too much explaining.
    Well, I wanted to talk about the OP rather than functions. I think you're misinterpreting some of what I'm saying and I currently don't have the mental bandwidth to discuss your type.

Peer pressure tends to play into a lot of these sorts of decisions where you're answering a question for an audience. Regardless of whether you say "yes" or "no".

I haven't read the majority of the thread. I'm not really sure if I will; I doubt the test makers over at OKC anticipated the possibility that any sane individual would crave an in-depth discussion about a question that accounts for a minute percentage of one's compatibility with others. The functionality of it depends more upon how seriously the test-taker interprets the question. It kind of seems like the question really asks is: "Are you willing to take an absurd risk?", which is a reasonable criteria to test with in terms of relationship preferences. I've answered many of the questions on OKC myself, and most of the others don't refer to such over-the-top topics, which leads me to believe that there are very few OKC members who are expected to relish a nuclear holocaust. It's not designed to cater to a sociopathic audience, so on that level I don't believe there's any urgent need for a reformation of cultural mores.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Well, I wanted to talk about the OP rather than functions. I think you're misinterpreting some of what I'm saying and I currently don't have the mental bandwidth to discuss your type.
    I don't want to discuss my type. I'm factually telling you, that what occurred within the thread, was Kalach saying certain traits of mine were due to Si, and I simply suggested that if he actually read Jung, it would be Se.

I'm fact-checking. Not debating. I don't care what you think my type is.

Peer pressure tends to play into a lot of these sorts of decisions where you're answering a question for an audience. Regardless of whether you say "yes" or "no".
    Well not for me at all, and if it does for you, perhaps you should look into INFJ.

I haven't read the majority of the thread. I'm not really sure if I will; I doubt the test makers over at OKC anticipated the possibility that any sane individual would crave an in-depth discussion about a question that accounts for a minute percentage of one's compatibility with others. The functionality of it depends more upon how seriously the test-taker interprets the question. It kind of seems like the question really asks is: "Are you willing to take an absurd risk?", which is a reasonable criteria to test with in terms of relationship preferences. I've answered many of the questions on OKC myself, and most of the others don't refer to such over-the-top topics, which leads me to believe that there are very few OKC members who are expected to relish a nuclear holocaust. It's not designed to cater to a sociopathic audience, so on that level I don't believe there's any urgent need for a reformation of cultural mores.
    Ok cool.

Ginkgo

I don't think I'm an INFJ.

@Kalach, do you think I'm an INFJ?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think I'm an INFJ.

@Kalach, do you think I'm an INFJ?
    Well let's ask him, since he's some kind of expert.
    Anyway. I thought you wanted to talk about the OP.

I didn't think so.

I'm perceptive like that.

Ginkgo

Well let's ask him, since he's some kind of expert.
    Anyway. I thought you wanted to talk about the OP.

I didn't think so.

I'm perceptive like that.
    That was then. This is now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That was then. This is now.
    Yes, it's now, smart guy, and you're not talking about the OP. I'm not making a reference to the past, I'm making a reference to you absurdly asking Kalach if you're an INFJ.

Are you that oblivious to your own behavior?

YOU JUST SAID YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE OP.

No. I didn't think so.

Ginkgo

Yes, it's now, smart guy, and you're not talking about the OP. I'm not making a reference to the past, I'm making a reference to you absurdly asking Kalach if you're an INFJ.

Are you that oblivious to your own behavior?

YOU JUST SAID YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE OP.

No. I didn't think so.
    I didn't say that I wanted to talk about the OP forever, did I?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I didn't say that I wanted to talk about the OP forever, did I?
    Good-bye Gingko. Happy trolling.