User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 52.50%
  • No

    19 47.50%
First 132122232425 Last

Results 221 to 230 of 313

  1. #221
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Kalach, I do sound like you, and that is my point, is that INTJs often DO sound like me....just inside out. I've been saying this. A ton. I also acknowledged when talking to Peace Baby that we all want to complain about other people not understanding our world view, whether we value realistic consequences or imagination more.

    You always make a ton of sense to me, for some reason I follow you a lot more easily than some people; IN FACT you are one of the few people on this forum capable of teaching me things or making me see things in a totally different way without making me upset about something.

    Even my annoyance with your Ni/Si obsession never goes past the dial of annoyance. I'm never gonna flip out on you. It's not gonna happen. It reminds me of how I could listen to and take instruction from my ENTJ friend IRL without being very offended, and actually being amused or calmed by it.

    So either you're wrong about ENFPs being able to understand INTJs, or I'm some kind of SFP.
    They understand fine. They just don't care. In this, yeah, holla back Fi. Just like you were saying. But I'm adding in a layer of description. I say caring about particular kinds of images is super fine and it's jim dandy. The images carry the day. And the Ni's and Si's of the world look to images that are different in kind and content. I'll go ahead and assert you can see it at work even when you get NTPs saying yes to this question. They still need to mention horrors and how, categorically, once the horror is out of the way blah blah blah. (But when STPs say no, who knows what's afoot.)

    What's the meeting point? How do differences in perspective and focus get together and communicate? It's looks a lot like they just batter each other for a while and then some contingent factor takes over, like who has power or authority, or who got tired, or who forgot this or that. It's pretty grim as a vision of communication.

    What if we said: in a certain light, massive and systemic failure to communicate can be exciting? I do wonder who would say yes and who would say no.





    Take your pick Kalach, but in doing so, you'll have to admit you made a mistake in your math problem somewheres.
    That never happens.


    Your own type is your business. Type assertions, though, might be fair game.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  2. #222
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    What I acknowledge is the fact that you aren't really listening to people - a mindset that usually precedes your bans, btw.

    I could probably have gotten you perma banned if I had pushed you a bit more and reported.

    So don't be an easy target, otherwise someone is gonna make you lose it soon enough.

    I'd recommend more yoga classes.
    If you'd pushed me more? So you mean if you intentionally trolled me?

    Why couldn't I get you banned for trolling then?

    I think this forum is kind of absurd, even @SolitaryWalker admitted he had gotten F types infracted by trolling them, because basically as an INTP he can keep his cool longer (though he did lose it once on me) ...but he was being immature, I told him about his being immature toward trolling those people here, and later he agreed.

    "If I don't push them, someone else will" isn't an excuse to troll people, just like it's not an excuse to physically push people.

    I actually am listening to people, you weren't really listening to me in many regards, and you still aren't.

  3. #223
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What does it say?
    If I were to follow that train of thought, I might think the person's ethics/morals were questionable if I considered pleasure and fun a "good" thing and nuclear war a "bad" thing.

  4. #224
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    If I were to follow that train of thought, I might think the person's ethics/morals were questionable if I considered pleasure and fun a "good" thing and nuclear war a "bad" thing.
    Let's say you consider pleasure and fun a "good" thing and nuclear war a "bad" thing, while I think that there are aspects of nuclear war that are fun. How, in this scenario, are my ethics/morals questionable?

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Well clearly I'm interested in nuclear war if I've talked about it this much, and bothered to be so informed about the reality of it; and I think my admission of somehow discovering that I found Russians exciting means that there was a part of me that understands romanticizing war.

    However, like so many other people responded, in the long-term, no nuclear war is not "exciting" in any kind of positive or fun way. No more than I would find the reality of being gang raped by some strange men exciting in a positive or fun way.

    I even tried to explain to Rasofy quite a few pages back that even when women have rape fantasies, they tend to want to be "raped" by a very particular man or men when they're turned on, which makes it actually not rape, but simply being sexually dominated by someone you find attractive.

    And so then I explained that the REALITY was so appalling that I even found fantasizing about it pretty gross.

    And HEY, because of my reaction, it caused people to really explain and defend their responses, which means I learned what they really meant, and hopefully they learned from me too.

    Having a strong reaction can stimulate conversation, it causes people to think in a different way.

    It's one of the reasons I considered being ENFj in Socionics: using Fe to excite and manipulate a response.
    I find Russians exciting too - especially Maria Sharapova, but that's neither here nor there... Only the USA has ever been crazy enough to actually use nukes in a war anyway, so why are we talking about Russians lol?

    Did someone say nuclear war was fun then? I'll have to go back and read that, as I think I missed it.

    I'm not sure what gang rape has to do with anything, but it's nice to hear your thoughts.

  6. #226
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    I find Russians exciting too - especially Maria Sharapova, but that's neither here nor there... Only the USA has ever been crazy enough to actually use nukes in a war anyway, so why are we talking about Russians lol?
    The Cold War, I'm sure you've heard of it; I'm also pretty sure you've heard of Chernobyl, which is in the Ukraine, but happened in the former USSR.

    I also mentioned North Korea early on. My argument from the beginning was built on my ethics and what I saw as reality, and my personal interpretation of the word "exciting."

    Did someone say nuclear war was fun then? I'll have to go back and read that, as I think I missed it.

    I'm not sure what gang rape has to do with anything, but it's nice to hear your thoughts.
    Are you sure you're an INTP? You don't know why I'd make a comparison to the fantasy and reality of something? Why fantasies are exciting but often not when compared with the reality of that thing happening.

    And yes, some people interpreted the word "exciting" to mean fun or pleasurable, like "hey cool, bombs."

    Thanks for being so considerate.

  7. #227
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    I assume a lot of people who say no are kind of feeling the same thing I am where they understand why someone could think it's interesting/exciting, and they might be excited if thrown into the midst of it, but the term "nuclear war" doesn't really stir up much feeling of excitement within them.

    I was kidding with what I said about Care Bears before but honestly I get way more excited thinking about Care Bears than about nuclear war. There's just not much desire in me to get worked up over something I find unpleasant.

  8. #228
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,524

    A Strangelove

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    What does it say?
    It says, dear Nicodemus, how I learnt to stop worrying and love the bomb.

    As you can see, it is a strangelove.

    So sit back, light up a cigar, and enjoy the trailer for the movie, "Dr Strangelove - or How I Learnt to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb", by clicking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvhuMNSbglY

  9. #229
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    If you'd pushed me more? So you mean if you intentionally trolled me?
    Yes.

    Why couldn't I get you banned for trolling then?
    Because I take rules seriously, even when semi trolling. I've never gotten a single infraction here.

    I think this forum is kind of absurd, even @SolitaryWalker admitted he had gotten F types infracted by trolling them, because basically as an INTP he can keep his cool longer (though he did lose it once on me) ...but he was being immature, I told him about his being immature toward trolling those people here, and later he agreed.
    Hah, interesting.

    "If I don't push them, someone else will" isn't an excuse to troll people, just like it's not an excuse to physically push people.
    That doesn't affect the fact that you would easily get yourself banned. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

    I actually am listening to people, you weren't really listening to me in many regards, and you still aren't.
    I understand your perspective, and yet I have a different one.

    We can either coexist peacefully or start a jihad.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  10. #230
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yes.


    Because I take rules seriously, even when semi trolling.
    Trolling is against the rules, so no you don't take them seriously. The people who take them the most seriously are the people who are the most polite and pleasant and never troll. I can't say I've always been polite and pleasant, and many people who have never even gotten infracted can't say they've never trolled.

    It's not funny, it's not cute, it's a loop-hole in the system probably left over from Typology Central being connected to INTPcentral.

    Half the stuff that goes on here would never go on, on INTJforum, for example.

    If you really loved rules, you'd hang out on INTJforum. They know rules.


    Hah, interesting.


    That doesn't affect the fact that you would easily get yourself banned. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    Yes, well thanks for your concern. And your acknowledgement that the forum is indeed set up in a way so that emotional people get in trouble more easily, even if there are other people around them with even more insidious or amoral agendas.


    I understand your perspective, and yet I have a different one.

    We can either coexist peacefully or start a jihad.
    I'm not fighting with you, I was trying to get you to see the reality of nuclear war. You're the one who told me to get some Ne, and to tone down the Fi, so you kind of started it.

Similar Threads

  1. With the best will in the world, is will enough, can it be sustained?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 07:39 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. Put your type in the best light
    By Laurie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
  4. So there's a nuclear war...
    By Langrenus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
  5. Pick up groups in MMORPGs (or just WoW and guild wars)
    By Zergling in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO