User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 52.50%
  • No

19 47.50%
First 122021222324 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by En Gallop View Post
    What does Morality have to do with the Excitement of something? I'd think it was irrelevant, so I can't understand why it keeps getting brought up lol.
    Not much, but moralists are linear and don't accept the fact that it's possible for a reasonable person to link some aspects of a large scale tragedy with the word exciting.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Not much, but moralists are linear and don't accept the fact that it's possible for a reasonable person to link some aspects of a large scale tragedy with the word exciting.
    Or simply what so many other people have suggested, that some of us equate the word "exciting" with something fun or positive, so thinking nuclear war gives someone a hard on is a bit unsettling.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Oh, not again.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm just explaining, as other people have been explaining that they don't mean the word "exciting" in a positive light. You know, I've attempted to clearly explain my initial reaction, it would be nice if you acknowledged that.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    You are right to be confused...morality has less than nothing to do with any of this. Unless you think speculation can be immoral, which some people do.
    Lol you mean some people believe just THINKING ABOUT something can be immoral? How do they know it's immoral if they haven't thought about it though??

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Or simply what so many other people have suggested, that some of us equate the word "exciting" with something fun or positive, so thinking nuclear war gives someone a hard on is a bit unsettling.
    The question is not "Should we have a nuclear war?" or "Is nuclear war a good/fun thing?". It's simply about the level of excitement/interest. I think we can all agree that a nuclear war is more exciting than buying peas, for example?

Glycerine

I'm confused by this thread...

What does Morality have to do with the Excitement of something? I'd think it was irrelevant, so I can't understand why it keeps getting brought up lol.
    Well, "exciting" wasn't defined. Excitement is often associated with pleasure and fun. If one finds something pleasurable, they must like it to some degree. In extension, if one finds nuclear war "exciting", they are implying that they like the idea of nuclear war which says something about one's morals. I think that's how the connection between excitement and morality within this context was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    In extension, if one finds nuclear war "exciting", they are implying that they like the idea of nuclear war which says something about one's morals.
    What does it say?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The question is not "Should we have a nuclear war?" or "Is nuclear war a good/fun thing?". It's simply about the level of excitement/interest. I think we can all agree that a nuclear war is more exciting than buying peas, for example?
    Well clearly I'm interested in nuclear war if I've talked about it this much, and bothered to be so informed about the reality of it; and I think my admission of somehow discovering that I found Russians exciting means that there was a part of me that understands romanticizing war.

However, like so many other people responded, in the long-term, no nuclear war is not "exciting" in any kind of positive or fun way. No more than I would find the reality of being gang raped by some strange men exciting in a positive or fun way.

I even tried to explain to Rasofy quite a few pages back that even when women have rape fantasies, they tend to want to be "raped" by a very particular man or men when they're turned on, which makes it actually not rape, but simply being sexually dominated by someone you find attractive.

And so then I explained that the REALITY was so appalling that I even found fantasizing about it pretty gross.

And HEY, because of my reaction, it caused people to really explain and defend their responses, which means I learned what they really meant, and hopefully they learned from me too.

Having a strong reaction can stimulate conversation, it causes people to think in a different way.

It's one of the reasons I considered being ENFj in Socionics: using Fe to excite and manipulate a response.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I'm just explaining, as other people have been explaining that they don't mean the word "exciting" in a positive light. You know, I've attempted to clearly explain my initial reaction, it would be nice if you acknowledged that.
    What I acknowledge is the fact that you aren't really listening to people - a mindset that usually precedes your bans, btw.

I could probably have gotten you perma banned if I had pushed you a bit more and reported.

So don't be an easy target, otherwise someone is gonna make you lose it soon enough.

I'd recommend more yoga classes.
    -----------------

-----------------