User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 52.50%
  • No

19 47.50%
First 3111213141523 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah I don't think that's it at all. I believe it's called immaturity, or maybe in some cases nihilism.

You also don't believe it will really happen. That's part of it too.

MBTI
    INTJ

You know, by calling them fantasy and reality, you kinda prove the point. With those as the only two choices, the option to disengage from concrete reality and thereby see more clearly doesn't exist. Ni, if it works anything like Jung described it, no longer has value.

Unless fantasy has value. Does it?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Or to put it another way, choosing the certain lights under which you will fantasize, this has or hasn't value?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Of course fantasy has value. I just do not think that nuclear war has any good qualities for fantasy, since it destroys everything I hold dear, including my life and the life of other humans I love, humans I am indifferent to who are innocent, and also the existence of other living things such as plants and animals.

The nuclear war scenario is not fun or funny to me in any way. There would be so much suffering, human and animal, that I can't justify it.

I HATE DYSTOPIAS.

Even when I watch horror movies, I like movies about killers with interesting psychological profiles, where there are specific victims, or people can get away, or there's just a supernatural element.

Nuclear war is too random, too wide-spread, and too destructive to the undeserving. It is effectively the end of the world, and even in cases when it is not the end of the world, the suffering is too on-going and distributed too long-range.

This is called Fi. Deal with it.

MBTI
    INTJ

I notice you don't say what the value of fantasy is.

And instead there's that focus again on imaginary suffering drawn over supposed concrete details.

yer killing me here marm.

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I notice you don't say what the value of fantasy is.

And instead there's the focus on imaginary suffering drawn over supposed concrete details.

yer killing me here marm.
    But people do suffer in the event of nuclear bombs or nuclear fall-out. This isn't imaginary. It's safe to say that when people conceive, there will probably be a baby. It's also safe to say that when there's a nuclear war, there will be mass suffering.

Fi tends to empathize (sometimes over-empathize) with suffering, and Fi types can be very particular about who or what they empathize with; that's why you'll see the INFP vegan who cares more about animals than people, or the ENFP who seems like a real selfish jerk start crying over a particular person's pain, and suddenly turn into the most considerate, nurturing person.

You're trying to justify something that isn't even true. The difference here is with values.

Nihilism versus intensely caring about the world, which is a life-long disease I have had, and I care more in some cases about the innocent animals than the innocent people, but yes the innocent people too, even the ones I don't like, I just don't squirm as much.

That's Fi. That has NOTHING to do with Si.

I think that a lot of people here simply don't see the scenario as being realistic, like they're of a young age where they don't see the scenario as realistically ever happening.

Jesus christ it's like you've never known an FP before.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    But people do suffer in the event of nuclear bombs or nuclear fall-out. This isn't imaginary. It's safe to say that when people conceive, there will probably be a baby. It's also safe to say that when there's a nuclear war, there will be mass suffering.
    What if it happens in space?

See. You people have no imagination at all. You hear "nuclear war" and it's all earthside armageddon, all in black and white film, with trees and houses suddenly blowing flat. How about if they just blow up Canada? Let's say Al-Q in a last ditch effort gets a suitcase bomb onto a beach in Ontario and boom. Canada complains to the US. The US blows up everything in Waziristan and everyone shuts down immigration for a while. Was that nuclear war enough for ya? Or did it have to be an exchange of ballistic missiles?

But here I am fantasizing again, no offence Canada. I'm a little excited.

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    What if it happens in space?

See. You people have no imagination at all. You hear "nuclear war" and it's all earthside armageddon, all in black and white film, with trees and houses suddenly blowing flat. How about if they just blow up Canada? Let's say Al-Q in a last ditch effort gets a suitcase bomb onto a beach in Ontario and boom. Canada complains to the US. The US blows up everything in Waziristan and everyone shuts down immigration for a while. Was that nuclear war enough for ya? Or did it have to be an exchange of ballistic missiles?

But here I am fantasizing again, no offence Canada. I'm a little excited.
    Are you sure you're not an Ne type?

What if? What if this, what if that.

I still don't think suffering in Canada is good, what havoc that would take on the environment, and some of the fall-out would inevitably come to the U.S. anyway.

I don't think you understand me at all.

MBTI
    INTJ

That's Fi. That has NOTHING to do with Si.
    While we're here, what do you suppose Fi works with? It's a judgment that uses feeling as reason, but we've all heard again and again how feeling is fleeting. So what is it that Fi stews upon to create that judgment?

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Are you sure you're not an Ne type?

What if? What if this, what if that.

I still don't think suffering in Canada is good, what havoc that would take on the environment, and some of the fall-out would inevitably come to the U.S. anyway.

I don't think you understand me at all.
    Was it you who liked the French language?

Traitor.

Boy meets Grr