User Tag List

View Poll Results: In a certain light, wouldn't nuclear war be exciting?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 52.50%
  • No

    19 47.50%
First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 313

  1. #111
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Here's what you don't understand: I face everything I strongly care about Fi-first. As an INTJ you don't have that problem (except for when you do, there's very little more entertaining than an INTJ on one a la Fi) ...but mostly INTJs run around saying things to FPs like "why do you have enemies" and "why can't you disagree with people without getting upset."

    Until they get mad about something themselves. But then they're usually mad, and that's different, according to them, no matter even if it looks like fussing or whining.

    This is something I had a strong Fi reaction to. I'm not sure what you don't get. It violates everything I hold dear, from my personal safety to the rights of polar bears and other furry animals.
    And as an Fi-first, who in theory has as the very last instinct the operationalisation of a value, you're not interested other than in terms of a perplexed anxiety, to make people change their minds, right?

    Jumping up and down and shouting like an extrovert isn't doing you introvert rep any good.

    Tossing out theory tags isn't either.

    Failing, resolutely and whole-heartedly, to engage in Ni-relief isn't doing your ISFP rep any good either.

    ABSOLUTRELY CHARGING INTO REAL WORLD MECHANISM DEBATE AS IF THE WORLD WAS IMPERSONAL AND COULD BE TALKED ABOUT IN LOGICAL TERMS IS REALLY MAKING TE-TERIARY SOUNDS.... wholly implausible, right?



    BURN ALL THE THINGS!!
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  2. #112
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    ^
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

  3. #113
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I also think you might be arguing in bad faith marm. That's what happens when Victor posts.

    I suggested, with various flags to THE ABSENCE OF THE KIND OF DETAILED PROOF THAT WOULD SATISFY PEOPLE LOOKING FOR CONCRETE EVIDENCE ENOUGH TO NOT HAVE TO GO ALL ABSTRACT ABOUT THINGS, that a trend appears to have presented itself. There are people seeking reassurance in concrete detail, and there are people having fun splitting narrative away from concrete detail. And there seems enough of a correspondence between type and personal position to pin this trend on introverted perception differences. And where that correspondence does not hold is not presently of any interest because not only is it not a disproof, it's not interesting.

    The jolly nice thing about type theory is where someone says "You're perception is odd, it's really different from mine", this does NOT mean that eventually your perception will change for the better. Type is type. Different types will be attracted to different things.

    Feel free to hate on radiation.
    You're just blatantly ignoring people's self-typings. I mean by all accounts apparently now Rasofy is an INTJ or an INFJ, and Randomnity is now no longer an ISTP? According to you Infinite Bubble is not an INTJ (though s/he certainly sounds like one, just a very mature one). An INTJ gave one of the best and most logical arguments against nuclear war being exciting in the entire thread.

    I don't know what kind of crack you're smoking. I usually love your posts, but sometimes when you get on these Si/Ni things it seems like you're trolling or have some weird agenda that I can't quite discern. You've been making threads about it for years.

  4. #114
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    And as an Fi-first, who in theory has as the very last instinct the operationalisation of a value, you're not interested other than in terms of a perplexed anxiety, to make people change their minds, right?

    Jumping up and down and shouting like an extrovert isn't doing you introvert rep any good.

    Tossing out theory tags isn't either.

    Failing, resolutely and whole-heartedly, to engage in Ni-relief isn't doing your ISFP rep any good either.

    ABSOLUTRELY CHARGING INTO REAL WORLD MECHANISM DEBATE AS IF THE WORLD WAS IMPERSONAL AND COULD BE TALKED ABOUT IN LOGICAL TERMS IS REALLY MAKING TE-TERIARY SOUNDS.... wholly implausible, right?



    BURN ALL THE THINGS!!
    Are you calling me an ESFP?

    Because Rasofy would still have more Si than I do.

  5. #115
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Oh Marm.

    The last thing you want is some assertion of how much you have or don't have. For if the unconscious is real, then you can't know how much you "have" of one function or another. You don't "have" any of them. You, the only "you" you know about, is only the topmost layer of whatever mechanisms are at work on the inside and underneath of where you are.

    But people can get better at recognising patterns or styles, if they put some work into it, and they can sometimes spot the personal variations of the universal they're using as well. Sometimes.

    Or mostly.

    At night. Mostly.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  6. #116
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Oh Marm.

    The last thing you want is some assertion of how much you have or don't have. For if the unconscious is real, then you can't know how much you "have" of one function or another. You don't "have" any of them. You, the only "you" you know about, is only the topmost layer of whatever mechanisms are at work on the inside and underneath of where you are.

    But people can get better at recognising patterns or styles, if they put some work into it, and they can sometimes spot the personal variations of the universal they're using as well. Sometimes.

    Or mostly.

    At night. Mostly.
    Infinite Bubble is an INTJ and gave the best and most logical argument for exactly what I got so emotionally and ethically disturbed about...it's like s/he framed into perfect logic anything I was feeling.

    That's what real INTJs do. Maybe your type isn't INTJ.

    As for me charging in with real world real world real world ...

    I really do think you're describing me having Se, rather than Te:

    In so far as lie thinks and feels, he always reduces down to objective foundations, i.e. to influences coming from the object, quite unperturbed by the most violent departures from logic. Tangible reality, under any conditions, makes him breathe again. In this respect he is unexpectedly credulous. He will, without hesitation, relate an obvious psychogenic symptom to the falling barometer, while the existence of a psychic conflict seems to him a fantastic abnormality. His love is incontestably rooted in the manifest attractions of the object. In so far as he is normal, he is conspicuously adjusted to positive reality -- conspicuously, because his adjustment is always visible. His ideal is the actual; in this respect he is considerate. He has no ideals related to ideas -- he has, therefore, no sort of ground for maintaining a hostile attitude towards the reality of things and facts.
    And this whole conversation about Si is absurd for someone you supposedly think is an ENFP, when there are clearly INxPs and INTJs in this thread that shred your theory to pieces.

    I believe Rasofy to be INTP and Infinite Bubble to be INTJ, even if I could see someone like Gingko as questionably INFJ instead of INFP.


    I think at some point you just kind of ignore any concrete evidence to your theories. Which does support you being Ni dom. But like in some Ni/Fi loop instead of using that Te, brah.

  7. #117
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    The more I look through this thread, the weirder it gets. Those among you who cannot see the fun side of death and destruction are... odd. There's an almost puritan concern for mortification of the flesh. You can't look away from the dirt.

    That is why I say Si. You've deified the concrete, which is what Si does, more or less. Indeed, it does it to the point where Ni cannot exist. Thus and therefore and ergo to boot, Si vs Ni.

    Look into it. You'll be glad you did.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  8. #118
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Infinite Bubble is an INTJ
    HAHHAHAH

    and gave the best and most logical argument for exactly what I got so emotionally and ethically disturbed about...it's like s/he framed into perfect logic anything I was feeling.

    That's what real INTJs do. Maybe your type isn't INTJ.
    HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

    As for me charging in with real world real world real world ...

    I really do think you're describing me having Se, rather than Te:
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's the Xe, and the shadow of Nu. For personal growth, you need to become clear.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  9. #119
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    The more I look through this thread, the weirder it gets. Those among you who cannot see the fun side of death and destruction are... odd. There's an almost puritan concern for mortification of the flesh. You can't look away from the dirt.

    That is why I say Si. You've deified the concrete, which is what Si does, more or less. Indeed, it does it to the point where Ni cannot exist. Thus and therefore and ergo to boot, Si vs Ni.

    Look into it. You'll be glad you did.
    I watch horror movies all the time, so you're wrong about me. I just know the difference between fantasy and reality, and I find nuclear war something too real, and apply my ethics to it.

    I spent my entire formative experience with constant references to nuclear war, both political and artistic; when I was in high school some of my older friends hung out at a place called The Fallout Shelter.

    I know all of the songs about the Cold War, and it had a huge impact on my personality, to be such an impersonal world event.

    It was clearly impressed upon me by someone or something that this wasn't funny, probably the least funny thing possible, and this was real life.

    You can't tell people they're weird because they were traumatized as children by U.S. and Soviet propaganda, and the cultural reactions to that propaganda, and then as an adolescent and an adult found sufficient information to prove that yes, all of my worst fears are real, in fact nuclear destruction is even worse than what I imagined, when I see photos from Chernobyl.

    Nuclear war isn't Freddy Kruger or the Exorcist, I've always been more frightened of real-life occurring things on the news than of any contrived images of violence, which can be cathartic for me, I've always loved cinematic horror.

    Now get off your high horse and acknowledge that there's an INTJ in this thread that used Te better than you did to address this problem.

    For you it's some kind of game, and they also think in long-term real world consequences.

    Ni is futuristic long-term thinking just as much as anything else. Ne says "what if" and Ni says "it will be this."

  10. #120
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    Si flashes images of deformed people and, along with baby Fe, tells me that associating an event that is commonly correlated with deaths and deformed people with the word "exciting" is not cool or appropriate.

    But rebellious Ne, which is a stronger force, doesn't care at all. It really doesn't give a shit. Kinda like the honey badger, if you catch my drift. It's gonna grab the term 'in a certain light' and squeeze it so hard that some potential will arise (and screw the side effects).

    Then Ti will dispassionately check the consistency and... *boom*, figuratively speaking.
    -----------------

    A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '


    -----------------

Similar Threads

  1. With the best will in the world, is will enough, can it be sustained?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2012, 07:39 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. Put your type in the best light
    By Laurie in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM
  4. So there's a nuclear war...
    By Langrenus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 10:49 AM
  5. Pick up groups in MMORPGs (or just WoW and guild wars)
    By Zergling in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO