First 234

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

"The real intent of my writing is not to say, you must think in this way. The real intent is: here are some of the many important facets of this extraordinary Kosmos; have you thought about including them in your own worldview?" - Ken Wilber

I put that quote into my signature yesterday from the great integral philosopher himself, and I must say, that quote applies very well with many of my amazing metaphysical messages promoted on this forum!

He's definately some sort of NT, either type 5 or 9, and self-pres last.

Enneagram
    9w8

It's a wonderful quote, and that is exactly what I think when I post stuff. I'm always concerned that people are going to think that I'm trying to push my views on them but that's not what I want to do. I really just want to prompt people to think about the possibility of what I'm saying. And yes, it DOES apply to many of your messages. And for the record, I don't know if I'm a 5 or a 9. I've come out as both so I decided to put idk as my E type, because I don't know it.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    It's a wonderful quote, and that is exactly what I think when I post stuff.
    Indeed, openness to all the opinions is vital for expanding worlds.

I'm always concerned that people are going to think that I'm trying to push my views on them but that's not what I want to do.
    For me at least, it's not pushiness itself that's the problem. The problem is when people are pushing views that are poorly constructed, and/or directed with a foolish sense of assuredness. I seem to find that some of the worst and most dominating opinions come from people who are just so sure that their own opinions are the right ones, while some of the best opinions come from people who are much more open and questioning.

I really just want to prompt people to think about the possibility of what I'm saying.
    This sums it up well. Everyone of course has an opinion, and those opinions are all relative to the individual. I don't think we should be too sure of our own ideas, since other people have their own ideas as well. It's stupid to assume that we ourselves of all people actually have the best ones, which is exactly why we should consider the possibilities as presented by all people.

And yes, it DOES apply to many of your messages.
    Yes, I have a lot of faith in myself and what I can bring to life. This extends to other people as well. If someone has something genuine to tell me, even if I don't like them as a person, they deserve a chance for me to hear them out regardless.

And for the record, I don't know if I'm a 5 or a 9. I've come out as both so I decided to put idk as my E type, because I don't know it.
    Some people choose to tritype themselves. If I were to guess on what yours might be, I would say: 5w4>9w1>4w5.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    For me at least, it's not pushiness itself that's the problem. The problem is when people are pushing views that are poorly constructed, and/or directed with a foolish sense of assuredness. I seem to find that some of the worst and most dominating opinions come from people who are just so sure that their own opinions are the right ones, while some of the best opinions come from people who are much more open and questioning.
    Absolutely. I always dread speaking with someone who is adamant and dogmatic and won't even listen to a possibility outside thier own construct. I mean they don't have to change their mind, just pay someone else the respect of listening is all. haha...but, oh, well...I think sometimes ignorance is a choice. It's just easier for some people.

A tri-type? Hmmm....that might take into account the many facets of one individual.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ISTP

I had not heard of Integral theory - thanks for pointing it out.