• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who is the Greatest Genius of All Time?

Who is the Greatest Genius of All Time?

• Total voters

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
If you mean the gospels concerning the tales about Jesus, then what you say is false.

As I said, the Gospels were written soon after the death of Jesus.

1. The Gospels are witness accounts. They tell of events later generations could not have known.

2. Coptic translations have been found in Egypt. Dated 50 A.D. at the latest. Every generation has different calligraphy.

All you succeed to do is to repeat the mantra of semiliterate theologians. I have heard your mantra for fifty years now.
Do not be tedious. Surprise me and come out with something I have not yet heard. :)

Nicodemus

As I said, the Gospels were written soon after the death of Jesus.
Even the earliest was written decades after the alleged death of Jesus. Even Christian theologians admit that much.

1. The Gospels are witness accounts. They tell of events later generations could not have known.
Of course, they are not witness accounts. By your logic, Homer must have witnessed the Trojan War.

2. Coptic translations have been found in Egypt. Dated 50 A.D. at the latest. Every generation has different calligraphy.
A lie.

Do not be tedious. Surprise me and come out with something I have not yet heard. :)
That is not how historiography works.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Absurd!

That's a proven lie.

Please, surprise me first and come out with something I have not heard.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Even the earliest was written decades after the alleged death of Jesus. Even Christian theologians admit that much.

Of course, they are not witness accounts. By your logic, Homer must have witnessed the Trojan War.

A lie.

That is not how historiography works.

Historiography never worked. People of historiography have said only inane things. They said Troy does not exist. They said Homer could not have witnessed Trojan War. Frank Calvert knew what they did not know. He was a consular official. Schliemann was not in the field of historiography either. Ventris found the key to linear B texts. He was an architect. It is only men and women like Schliemann and Calvert and Ventris who find things. Historiography is ludicrous exercise based on dusty old books that nobody needs. They are all throughly read by generations. Stop repeating the mantra. Didn't you hear what I said? Surprise me and come out with something I have not yet heard. :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Then show me proof of what you claimed.

I already said that the truth is found in the field of Coptic calligraphy. If you want to find absolute truth you can trust, go to Uppsala and enroll in the Department of Egyptology. Choose Coptic. Coptic is the last phase of Old Egyptian language. When you have learned to read Coptic fluently, go to Cairo and begin to study Coptic calligraphy. The study of changing styles of old handwriting is the most precise dating method of old texts. In those days, people used to write in hand. Calligraphy is therefore handwriting. The style of handwriting changes through time. You do not write the way your grandmother did. There is a school of historians who evaluate and date old texts through the method of evaluating the changing style of handwriting. This includes the study of old calligraphy. The original Greek or Coptic manuscripts of the Gospels do not exist. The oldest existing manuscripts of the Gospels are written in Coptic calligraphy. Of course the original Greek manuscripts were written long before the Coptic translations- right after the events.

Nicodemus

I already said that the truth is found in the field of Coptic calligraphy. If you want to find absolute truth you can trust, go to Uppsala and enroll in the Department of Egyptology. Choose Coptic. Coptic is the last phase of Old Egyptian language. When you have learned to read Coptic fluently, go to Cairo and begin to study Coptic calligraphy.
You can begin by giving me a book title and author.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
If you need to play dumb, I'll just call you a liar from now on.

I have read many books, but I have not yet read a book that has not been written. It is you who told me to name the author of an unwritten book. Is it I who plays dumb? Why you are so defensive? You call me a liar from now on? You already called me a liar, so it won't change anything. :D

Nicodemus

I have read many books, but I have not yet read a book that has not been written. It is you who told me to name the author of an unwritten book. Is it I who plays dumb? Why you are so defensive? You call me a liar from now on? You already called me a liar, so it won't change anything. :D
To know what you claim to know, you must have either read it in a book or research paper or been directly involved in the research of these texts. What is it? The latter is not very probable. So, if neither is the case, you are spreading lies for purposes I do not support. (Not to mention that, even if the gospels had been written in 34 A.D., that would not render their tales factual.)

Valiant had an alternative version of history, too, but he at least tried to substantiate it. So far you have been pretending to possess superior knowledge without any evidence to back it up.

Of course, you could also be nuts, unable to differentiate between reality and fiction. But Marm told us not to judge other people's mental status unless we do it with typology.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
To know what you claim to know, you must have either read it in a book or research paper or been directly involved in the research of these texts. What is it? The latter is not very probable. So, if neither is the case, you are spreading lies for purposes I do not support. (Not to mention that, even if the gospels had been written in 34 A.D., that would not render their tales factual.)

Valiant had an alternative version of history, too, but he at least tried to substantiate it. So far you have been pretending to possess superior knowledge without any evidence to back it up.

Of course, you could also be nuts, unable to differentiate between reality and fiction. But Marm told us not to judge other people's mental status unless we do it with typology.

I have not read it in a book or research paper nor I have been involved in the research of these texts. However, I have studied Coptic and Greek and I have attended a course of old documents with a focus in changing handwriting. All documents were written by hand before printing was invented. Handwriting changes considerably from generation to generation. But this is not the most important thing. The most important thing is that I have read the Gospels! They ring authentic to me. It is evident they have been scribbled down quickly, without emphasis on language. They have all the characteristics of a testimony. Indeed, that is what their names and presentation implies them to be: Witness testimonies.

I also saw a television program a long time ago. They had an old Coptic document in the studio. It was a thread of an authentic Gospel. An expert on Coptic calligraphy was interviewed. By the special handwriting, he dated the thread. He said the letters were written the way they were written in the document 50 A.D. He added that obviously it is a copy of an earlier copy which is a copy of an earlier copy. I understand what he meant, because of my earlier studies. He also gave a long lecture on how these particular letters had changed, and how they happen to be the way they are in the document by 50 A.D. The studio camera displayed the letters clearly. I thought it rather fascinating. It adds up to what I thought before.

When you think how cultivated language Bible is, Gospels make a notable exception. It is as if the writers did not have the time to mince their words at all. They were in a hurry to write down what had happened, and the fast tempo is detectable in the choices of the words and the everyday expressions.

Nicodemus

I have not read it in a book or research paper nor I have been involved in the research of these texts. However, I have studied Coptic and Greek and I have attended a course of old documents with a focus in changing handwriting. All documents were written by hand before printing was invented. Handwriting changes considerably from generation to generation. But this is not the most important thing. The most important thing is that I have read the Gospels! They ring authentic to me. It is evident they have been scribbled down quickly, without emphasis on language. They have all the characteristics of a testimony. Indeed, that is what their names and presentation implies them to be: Witness testimonies.

I also saw a television program a long time ago. They had an old Coptic document in the studio. It was a thread of an authentic Gospel. An expert on Coptic calligraphy was interviewed. By the special handwriting, he dated the thread. He said the letters were written the way they were written in the document 50 A.D. He added that obviously it is a copy of an earlier copy which is a copy of an earlier copy. I understand what he meant, because of my earlier studies. He also gave a long lecture on how these particular letters had changed, and how they happen to be the way they are in the document by 50 A.D. The studio camera displayed the letters clearly. I thought it rather fascinating. It adds up to what I thought before.

When you think how cultivated language Bible is, Gospels make a notable exception. It is as if the writers did not have the time to mince their words at all. They were in a hurry to write down what had happened, and the fast tempo is detectable in the choices of the words and the everyday expressions.
Marvelous. You made the case for me.

I leave it to Peguy, Beorn, and other interested parties to tell and show you how wrong you are about these assessments.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Marvelous. You made the case for me.

I leave it to Peguy, Beorn, and other interested parties to tell and show you how wrong you are about these assessments.

I will report every troll who will pop out of the woodwork. :D

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder why nobody voted for Einstein, the archetypal INTP 5w4 So/Sp face for genius... :einstein2:

Mole

Permabanned
Atoms, DNA and the Enlightenment

Our three greatest discoveries are atoms, natural selection and the Enlightenment.

So our three greatest genius are John Dalton, Charles Darwin and John Locke.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Our three greatest discoveries are atoms, natural selection and the Enlightenment.

So our three greatest genius are John Dalton, Charles Darwin and John Locke.

And according to one of "our" classic joke, "our" greatest genius are:

Moses: Law is everything

Jesus: Love is everything

Marx: Money is everything

Freud: Sex is everything

Einstein: Everything is relative...