User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is the Greatest Genius of All Time?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giordano Bruno

1 3.70%
  • Baruch Spinoza

1 3.70%
  • Nikola Tesla

3 11.11%
  • Gottfried Leibniz

1 3.70%
  • Leonardo da Vinci

11 40.74%
  • Athanasius Kircher

0 0%
  • Johann von Goethe

1 3.70%
  • Friedrich Nietzsche

1 3.70%
  • Georg Wilhelm Hegel

0 0%
  • Immanuel Kant

1 3.70%
  • Rene Descartes

0 0%
  • Plotinus

0 0%
  • Plato

3 11.11%
  • Socrates

0 0%
  • Aristotle

1 3.70%
  • Sir Isaac Newton

2 7.41%
  • Albert Einstein

0 0%
  • Charles Darwin

1 3.70%
  • Galileo Galilei

0 0%
  • Stephen Hawking

0 0%
First 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I have read many books, but I have not yet read a book that has not been written. It is you who told me to name the author of an unwritten book. Is it I who plays dumb? Why you are so defensive? You call me a liar from now on? You already called me a liar, so it won't change anything.
    To know what you claim to know, you must have either read it in a book or research paper or been directly involved in the research of these texts. What is it? The latter is not very probable. So, if neither is the case, you are spreading lies for purposes I do not support. (Not to mention that, even if the gospels had been written in 34 A.D., that would not render their tales factual.)

Valiant had an alternative version of history, too, but he at least tried to substantiate it. So far you have been pretending to possess superior knowledge without any evidence to back it up.

Of course, you could also be nuts, unable to differentiate between reality and fiction. But Marm told us not to judge other people's mental status unless we do it with typology.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    To know what you claim to know, you must have either read it in a book or research paper or been directly involved in the research of these texts. What is it? The latter is not very probable. So, if neither is the case, you are spreading lies for purposes I do not support. (Not to mention that, even if the gospels had been written in 34 A.D., that would not render their tales factual.)

Valiant had an alternative version of history, too, but he at least tried to substantiate it. So far you have been pretending to possess superior knowledge without any evidence to back it up.

Of course, you could also be nuts, unable to differentiate between reality and fiction. But Marm told us not to judge other people's mental status unless we do it with typology.
    I have not read it in a book or research paper nor I have been involved in the research of these texts. However, I have studied Coptic and Greek and I have attended a course of old documents with a focus in changing handwriting. All documents were written by hand before printing was invented. Handwriting changes considerably from generation to generation. But this is not the most important thing. The most important thing is that I have read the Gospels! They ring authentic to me. It is evident they have been scribbled down quickly, without emphasis on language. They have all the characteristics of a testimony. Indeed, that is what their names and presentation implies them to be: Witness testimonies.

I also saw a television program a long time ago. They had an old Coptic document in the studio. It was a thread of an authentic Gospel. An expert on Coptic calligraphy was interviewed. By the special handwriting, he dated the thread. He said the letters were written the way they were written in the document 50 A.D. He added that obviously it is a copy of an earlier copy which is a copy of an earlier copy. I understand what he meant, because of my earlier studies. He also gave a long lecture on how these particular letters had changed, and how they happen to be the way they are in the document by 50 A.D. The studio camera displayed the letters clearly. I thought it rather fascinating. It adds up to what I thought before.

When you think how cultivated language Bible is, Gospels make a notable exception. It is as if the writers did not have the time to mince their words at all. They were in a hurry to write down what had happened, and the fast tempo is detectable in the choices of the words and the everyday expressions.

I have not read it in a book or research paper nor I have been involved in the research of these texts. However, I have studied Coptic and Greek and I have attended a course of old documents with a focus in changing handwriting. All documents were written by hand before printing was invented. Handwriting changes considerably from generation to generation. But this is not the most important thing. The most important thing is that I have read the Gospels! They ring authentic to me. It is evident they have been scribbled down quickly, without emphasis on language. They have all the characteristics of a testimony. Indeed, that is what their names and presentation implies them to be: Witness testimonies.

I also saw a television program a long time ago. They had an old Coptic document in the studio. It was a thread of an authentic Gospel. An expert on Coptic calligraphy was interviewed. By the special handwriting, he dated the thread. He said the letters were written the way they were written in the document 50 A.D. He added that obviously it is a copy of an earlier copy which is a copy of an earlier copy. I understand what he meant, because of my earlier studies. He also gave a long lecture on how these particular letters had changed, and how they happen to be the way they are in the document by 50 A.D. The studio camera displayed the letters clearly. I thought it rather fascinating. It adds up to what I thought before.

When you think how cultivated language Bible is, Gospels make a notable exception. It is as if the writers did not have the time to mince their words at all. They were in a hurry to write down what had happened, and the fast tempo is detectable in the choices of the words and the everyday expressions.
    Marvelous. You made the case for me.

I leave it to Peguy, Beorn, and other interested parties to tell and show you how wrong you are about these assessments.

MBTI
    INTP

Marvelous. You made the case for me.

I leave it to Peguy, Beorn, and other interested parties to tell and show you how wrong you are about these assessments.
    I will report every troll who will pop out of the woodwork.

I will report every troll who will pop out of the woodwork.
    I will go to bed when I am tired.

MBTI
    INTP

I will go to bed when I am tired.
    I am always tired after the round. But my helper in the truck does not want to go to bed.

I'll just call you a liar from now on.
    Unparliamentary.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I wonder why nobody voted for Einstein, the archetypal INTP 5w4 So/Sp face for genius...

Atoms, DNA and the Enlightenment

Our three greatest discoveries are atoms, natural selection and the Enlightenment.

So our three greatest genius are John Dalton, Charles Darwin and John Locke.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Our three greatest discoveries are atoms, natural selection and the Enlightenment.

So our three greatest genius are John Dalton, Charles Darwin and John Locke.
    And according to one of "our" classic joke, "our" greatest genius are:

Moses: Law is everything

Jesus: Love is everything

Marx: Money is everything

Freud: Sex is everything

Einstein: Everything is relative...
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI