User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who is the Greatest Genius of All Time?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Giordano Bruno

1 3.70%
  • Baruch Spinoza

1 3.70%
  • Nikola Tesla

3 11.11%
  • Gottfried Leibniz

1 3.70%
  • Leonardo da Vinci

11 40.74%
  • Athanasius Kircher

0 0%
  • Johann von Goethe

1 3.70%
  • Friedrich Nietzsche

1 3.70%
  • Georg Wilhelm Hegel

0 0%
  • Immanuel Kant

1 3.70%
  • Rene Descartes

0 0%
  • Plotinus

0 0%
  • Plato

3 11.11%
  • Socrates

0 0%
  • Aristotle

1 3.70%
  • Sir Isaac Newton

2 7.41%
  • Albert Einstein

0 0%
  • Charles Darwin

1 3.70%
  • Galileo Galilei

0 0%
  • Stephen Hawking

0 0%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If you mean the gospels concerning the tales about Jesus, then what you say is false.
    As I said, the Gospels were written soon after the death of Jesus.

1. The Gospels are witness accounts. They tell of events later generations could not have known.

2. Coptic translations have been found in Egypt. Dated 50 A.D. at the latest. Every generation has different calligraphy.

All you succeed to do is to repeat the mantra of semiliterate theologians. I have heard your mantra for fifty years now.
    Do not be tedious. Surprise me and come out with something I have not yet heard.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    As I said, the Gospels were written soon after the death of Jesus.
    Even the earliest was written decades after the alleged death of Jesus. Even Christian theologians admit that much.

1. The Gospels are witness accounts. They tell of events later generations could not have known.
    Of course, they are not witness accounts. By your logic, Homer must have witnessed the Trojan War.

2. Coptic translations have been found in Egypt. Dated 50 A.D. at the latest. Every generation has different calligraphy.
    A lie.

Do not be tedious. Surprise me and come out with something I have not yet heard.
    That is not how historiography works.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Absurd!

That's a proven lie.

Please, surprise me first and come out with something I have not heard.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

Even the earliest was written decades after the alleged death of Jesus. Even Christian theologians admit that much.

Of course, they are not witness accounts. By your logic, Homer must have witnessed the Trojan War.

A lie.

That is not how historiography works.
    Historiography never worked. People of historiography have said only inane things. They said Troy does not exist. They said Homer could not have witnessed Trojan War. Frank Calvert knew what they did not know. He was a consular official. Schliemann was not in the field of historiography either. Ventris found the key to linear B texts. He was an architect. It is only men and women like Schliemann and Calvert and Ventris who find things. Historiography is ludicrous exercise based on dusty old books that nobody needs. They are all throughly read by generations. Stop repeating the mantra. Didn't you hear what I said? Surprise me and come out with something I have not yet heard.

Stop repeating the mantra. Didn't you hear what I said? Surprise me and come out with something I have not yet heard.
    Then show me proof of what you claimed.

MBTI
    INTP

Then show me proof of what you claimed.
    I already said that the truth is found in the field of Coptic calligraphy. If you want to find absolute truth you can trust, go to Uppsala and enroll in the Department of Egyptology. Choose Coptic. Coptic is the last phase of Old Egyptian language. When you have learned to read Coptic fluently, go to Cairo and begin to study Coptic calligraphy. The study of changing styles of old handwriting is the most precise dating method of old texts. In those days, people used to write in hand. Calligraphy is therefore handwriting. The style of handwriting changes through time. You do not write the way your grandmother did. There is a school of historians who evaluate and date old texts through the method of evaluating the changing style of handwriting. This includes the study of old calligraphy. The original Greek or Coptic manuscripts of the Gospels do not exist. The oldest existing manuscripts of the Gospels are written in Coptic calligraphy. Of course the original Greek manuscripts were written long before the Coptic translations- right after the events.

I already said that the truth is found in the field of Coptic calligraphy. If you want to find absolute truth you can trust, go to Uppsala and enroll in the Department of Egyptology. Choose Coptic. Coptic is the last phase of Old Egyptian language. When you have learned to read Coptic fluently, go to Cairo and begin to study Coptic calligraphy.
    You can begin by giving me a book title and author.

MBTI
    INTP

You can begin by giving me a book title and author.
    What book title and author? I have not mentioned any book, less an author. Books do not come by themselves, someone has to write them.

What book title and author? I have not mentioned any book, less an author. Books do not come by themselves, someone has to write them.
    If you need to play dumb, I'll just call you a liar from now on.

MBTI
    INTP

If you need to play dumb, I'll just call you a liar from now on.
    I have read many books, but I have not yet read a book that has not been written. It is you who told me to name the author of an unwritten book. Is it I who plays dumb? Why you are so defensive? You call me a liar from now on? You already called me a liar, so it won't change anything.