User Tag List

123 Last

Benedict 16th and Mea Culpa

"Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God", is a 2012 documentary film directed by Alex Gibney. The film details the first known protest against clerical sex abuse in the United States by four deaf men.

The film show that Cardinal Joseph Ratsinger, as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (formerly the Inquisition), and later Bendict 16th, received all reports of child child abuse within the church and so knew more than anyone what was going on.

It may be sheer coincidence, as suggested by @Nicodemus, that Benedict 16th resigned just after the film was released.

The movie is out today and I am going to see it.

The Documentary and the Royal Commission

I saw the documentary, "Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God", by renowned documentary maker, Alex Gibney, yesterday.

It is an excellent documentary which confirmed all I knew about catholic child abuse, and which confirmed all my suspicions, particularly that the coverup was ordered by the Vatican.

I am though alarmed that catholic child abuse continues in poor countries in Africa, Asia, the Philippines, and South America, because the catholics in those countries don't dare say the priest has done anything wrong. And if they do say their priest had done something wrong, nobody believes them.

This is a documentary to be seen by all catholics of good will. And nicely complements Australia's Royal Commission into Child Abuse which started hearing evidence today and which will be webcast.

The Five Thousand v the Church

Five thousand (5,000) victims of child, sexual abuse are expected to give evidence before the Australian Royal Commission into Child Abuse.

The Catholic Church is expected to fight every inch of the way with the modus operandi they have used in the past: the church will be adversarial and legalistic.

The Three Great Moral Issues

The first great moral issue tackled by liberal democracy was institutional slavery. And institutional slavery was first abolised in 1833 by the House of Commons, and then the Royal Navy was sent into the Atlantic to sink any American slave ship.

The second great moral issue tackled by liberal democracy was the emancipation of women. And women were emancipated for the first time in history in Australia and New Zealand in the first years of the 20th century.

The third great moral issue tackled by liberal democracy is the sexual abuse of children. Ireland led the way with the first Judicial Enquiry into child abuse in 2009, and as I write Australia is following suit.

And it is interesting that Australia is making this third great moral step forward under an atheist who is a woman living in sin. Look to your left to see our first women Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, the atheist living in sin.

And look around you at the great religious countries of the world, from the United States, to the Philippines, to Indonesia, to Saudi Arabia, and we see that child sexual abuse is not transgressive, rather it is an accepted part of social life.

Cardinal George Pell and Child Abuse

Yesterday, at the Victorian Parliamentary Enquiry into Institutional Child Abuse, Cardinal George Pell, Australia's leading Catholic, as well as holding a high position within the Vatican, testified that the Roman Catholic Church put paedophile priests above the Law.

In other words, the Roman Catholic Church is an international criminal organisation, committing crimes against children.

Same old, same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Same old, same old.
    The movement against child abuse is as important as the movement against slavery and the movement for women's emancipation.

Your very own Alice Miller explains why.

But what is interesting on the ground is that we have two State Parliaments holding Enquiries into Child Abuse, and we have a National Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse, yet to come.

And already, at this very early stage, Cardinal Pell has shown he is more interested in power than the suffering of children.

Roll on, the Royal Commission.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Same old, same old.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Everytime I hear the name Benedict XVI, I get really hungry. I don't think enough people understand how awesome Hollandaise sauce is. I like to buy packets of Hollandaise sauce mix and just pour them over things sometimes.

Also, Australia's liberal democracy didn't seem to prevent them from massacaring the Tasmanian Aborigines. Not that I'm claiming that we were any better in the U.S., of course.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Everytime I hear the name Benedict XVI, I get really hungry. I don't think enough people understand how awesome Hollandaise sauce is. I like to buy packets of Hollandaise sauce mix and just pour them over things sometimes.

Also, Australia's liberal democracy didn't seem to prevent them from massacaring the Tasmanian Aborigines. Not that I'm claiming that we were any better in the U.S., of course.
    I know, right? It's a sauce made of eggs, THAT YOU PUT ON EGGS! GENIUS!