User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post

Of course we must keep in mind that Nationalism says my country is the best, while patriotism is the love of country.
    Although the two often blur together.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Citizenship is of a particular country. There is no international citizenship.

And if we don't have a citizenship of a particular country, we are stateless. And this is not a fate I would wish on anyone.

And of course countries are sovereign. Only countries can make sovereign decisions, no one else can.

Good countries protect the vulnerable and the weak. Good countries protect women and children.

Liberal democracy only flourishes in particular countries.

And of course our country is our home.
    Nationalism is a very Romantic sentiment, based upon Romantic values.

Romantic Nationalism
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

The Royal Commission into Child Abuse is sitting in Canberra as I write and taking evidence from victims and perpetrators.

And the evidence is making it plain that the Roman Catholic Church is sociopathic and criminal.

A Royal Commission cannot prosecute anyone, its purpose is to uncover the extent of sociopathic and criminal institutions.

Only two countries in the world have judicial enquiries into institutional child abuse, and they are Ireland and Australia. The rest of the world remains in deliberate ignorance of the extent of institutional child abuse in order to protect the powerful.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The Royal Commission into Child Abuse is sitting in Canberra as I write and taking evidence from victims and perpetrators.

And the evidence is making it plain that the Roman Catholic Church is sociopathic and criminal.

A Royal Commission cannot prosecute anyone, its purpose is to uncover the extent of sociopathic and criminal institutions.

Only two countries in the world have judicial enquiries into institutional child abuse, and they are Ireland and Australia. The rest of the world remains in deliberate ignorance of the extent of institutional child abuse in order to protect the powerful.
    I don't know why you keep bringing up this chestnut. It doesn't offend me.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't know why you keep bringing up this chestnut. It doesn't offend me.
    It's not a chestnut. Just around the corner from me the Royal Commission is taking evidence.

The Royal Commission has been taking evidence all around Australia and now they are taking evidence here, and we are hearing about it every day.

The Royal Commission is inquiring into 1,000 institutions in Australia regarding child abuse. Yes, 1,000, so this is very big. And this is equally big in other countries, but countries other than Ireland and Australia wish to protect the guilty.

Yesterday the Royal Commission wrote to the Pope asking to send copies of documents held in the Vatican detailing the crimes against children by clergy.

But even today the Vatican has commanded the clergy not to report child sexual abuse to the police unless the mandated by the laws of that particular country. And there are vast numbers of countries without mandatory reporting.

Our first duty is to protect children. And the first duty of the State is to protect children, not protect the guilty.

WhoCares

Okay. Suddenly the obssession with Wind In The Willows makes sense.

Default The Origin of Personality

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Okay. Suddenly the obssession with Wind In The Willows makes sense.
    Wind in the Willows, is my first book, of more importance is Dr Alice Miller and her book For Your Own Good and others.

Dr Miller traces the roots of personality to child rearing practices, as does Dr Lloyd DeMause in his book, Foundations of Psychohistory.

We can read, For Your Own Good, on http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvin...licemiller.pdf

And we can read, The Foundations of Psychohistory, on http://www.psychohistory.com/htm/contents.htm

As this is a site devoted to the psychology of personality it seems we should be interested in the origins of personality delineated in the books above.

Mea maxima culpa.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Mea maxima culpa.
    Nowadays a Catholic massgoer would utter those words either without understanding what they meant at all, or knowing their meaning but hearing them in Latin and perceiving them as different than the native tongue.

But what of the days in Rome when both the Catholic Church and the common people spoke Latin?
    It would be saying, "It's my fault, it's my fault, holy shit it's my fault" over and over and over and over again.

Like a stern nurse hitting a child with a wooden spoon forcing them to sing "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere!"

Ugh, that accursed song is traumatizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Nowadays a Catholic massgoer would utter those words either without understanding what they meant at all, or knowing their meaning but hearing them in Latin and perceiving them as different than the native tongue.

But what of the days in Rome when both the Catholic Church and the common people spoke Latin?
    It would be saying, "It's my fault, it's my fault, holy shit it's my fault" over and over and over and over again.

Like a stern nurse hitting a child with a wooden spoon forcing them to sing "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere!"

Ugh, that accursed song is traumatizing.
    I personally love the language connections, like how this is clearly where we got culpable from.

But I love the idea of people chanting "holy shit it's my fault"

- A.A. Milne.