User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Oh by the way, religion and spirituality was harshly punished in the Soviet Union for about 75 years and it wasn't destroyed. Russia and surrounding countries are full of Orthodox Christian, Muslims, varying forms of Russian paganism, and now even Hare Krishnas.
    The Soviet Union had a religion in those 75 years - it was communism. The instincts and urges usually satisfied by religious observance were channeled by the state into party rituals and propaganda. Just look at the steady stream of people always lined up to view Lenin's mausoleum.

The thread title made me think you were interested in how different people/cultures/faiths view the divine, but your actual OP speaks more about levels of consciousness. Are these questions related in your understanding? I have given more thought so far to the first than the second.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The Soviet Union had a religion in those 75 years - it was communism. The instincts and urges usually satisfied by religious observance were channeled by the state into party rituals and propaganda. Just look at the steady stream of people always lined up to view Lenin's mausoleum.

The thread title made me think you were interested in how different people/cultures/faiths view the divine, but your actual OP speaks more about levels of consciousness. Are these questions related in your understanding? I have given more thought so far to the first than the second.
    I am speaking in levels of consciousness, because I think that's what awareness of God or whatever-you-shall-call-it IS. All That Is. The Way. Tao. I think people with true faith experience this, and it's something that stands outside of cultural religion, or being religious for cultural or even twisted reasons.

Like I said in my OP, I'm not about to join ISKCON. I think the actual organization requires too much exclusivity which is why some people regard it as a cult. Extreme exclusivity or over-zealous focus on ritual tends to be a warning sign of a cult, as well as the fact that sometimes in group living situations (such as the priesthood in Catholic churches or ISKCON membership, especially living in/with ISKCON) sexuality is so overly tightly controlled by the religion, that it can get misguided into disgusting things like pederasty, degradation of women etc.

HOWEVER...the original IDEAS behind ISKCON are very pure. One can be rich or poor, man or woman, no class or caste is recognized, it reminds a lot of the New Testament teachings of Jesus. And the Hare Krishna as a meditation mantra is very inspiring, and kirtan is a wonderful experience.

The place where I frequent most for yoga incorporates some of this loosely with Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism and other teachings, depending on which teacher you see in the studio. One teacher, one of the owners, in particular does kirtan sessions, and incorporates this into his classes (chanting, music) as well.

I see so much overlap in these "purer" idea forms behind religious organizations that I think there is a common truth. And I think that is why I can feel this spiritual experience where there is true devotion to God or bhakti or true faith or genuine experience of spirituality.

And I only feel comfortable in yoga studios which have this element of spirituality, after trying out a few studios. It's not enough for me to be a friendly, liberal studio. And I have come to detest "power yoga" in any form, though it's certainly a good workout for some people, and can lead some others into more spiritual practices of yoga like I was.

Allah, Buddah, Yaweh, Krishna....did you know Krishna and Christ/Christos mean the same thing? And weirdly enough the stories have some interesting overlaps.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think God is a grand designer of sorts, a mind that programs existence on its many levels, but I think god (lower-case g) is a much higher level of development we can all apsire towards on our journeys of expansion into the infinite. The quest knows no ends.

Quantum theory implies the existence of an all-omnipresent living mind, as there needs to be something that sees the creation for it to take shape. Something needs to gaze upon the image for it to have its own absolute reality.

Perhaps with sufficent faith, if we really chase the paths ahead, then we will come to a super-natural point from where we can move mountains. Anything is possible!

If it is not true it is very well invented - that is one of my favorite quotes (Giordano Bruno). The world is a big place. We may find one day that all ideas have an immanence within reality on some level of manifestation. To create something that it cannot contain may be an incredulous invention. The box of barriers shall be broken asunder!

For the mundane aspects of existence, God may describe what can't currently be explained, but when it comes to dream development, going beyond the limits of our perceptions may bring to pass what naturalism would deem impossible. The annihilation of all limits draws nigh!

A broadened horizon makes for a much better and more meaningful voyage, and along the way, many treasures are yet to be discovered. Many new lands and explorations await us across the ocean.

Human experiences are limited by our sense perceptions, but if we tap into the deep recesses of the mind, the world will open and unfold before our eyes. A good sense of wonder is a fountain that springs forth worlds of all kinds, and as we merge with the source of it all, our minds will take flight. Our ascension is immanent!

Proper evidence used with false reasoning can lead to fables, though good fables can prove to be valuable metaphors in conceptualizing new designs. Even things that aren't present on our plane can give us their gifts.

I like the paradox of centering ourselves with the acentric vastness of this endless and infinite existence, but our own individual universe may have such a core from where we can derive strength and inspiration (Nikola Tesla's ideas were not all his own; many may have sprung from this source). We have yet to penetrate the secrets of this core.

Perhaps there could be a fusion of two concepts, the existence of a divine being living in an omniversal creation melted into one, because after all, life must exist under all conditions and phases of development. Evolution I believe can realize all ends of the spectrum, from humans and gods to God. All things conceivable could manifest.

Without taking up the sword of challenge, we will experience no triumphs in our cosmic arena; arguments are a forge for refining our ideas and developing their directions. If we are simply content with the current state of things, they will remain in their static state, incapable for change. Transformation is the way forward into the future.

The old man in the clouds perhaps has reached his most full and complete state of I am that I am, that is, he has attained self-mastery and found his own true self inside, taking his personal growth to the max. We each seek this light shining with all promise on our paths leading to the divine. Our ultimate destiny has yet to be realized, and it may be long in coming, but we draw ever closer.

Transcendental Will flows through us all and changes the world!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I think God is a grand designer of sorts, a mind that programs existence on its many levels, but I think god (lower-case g) is a much higher level of development we can all apsire towards on our journeys of expansion into the infinite. The quest knows no ends.
    I agree with this. The Self-realization (Higher Self with captial S, not selfish egoic self with little s) apparently is the state of realizing God is what is animating your brain, your body, the trees, the little animals...the Tao, basically. I finally GOT it because of Taoism, but once I got that, I was able to see how many of the other religions were saying basically the same thing, just in more distracting terms. Or maybe even poor translations or weird sectarian interpretations.

Quantum theory implies the existence of an all-omnipresent living mind, as there needs to be something that sees the creation for it to take shape. Something needs to gaze upon the image for it to have its own absolute reality.

Perhaps with sufficent faith, if we really chase the paths ahead, then we will come to a super-natural point from where we can move mountains. Anything is possible!
    Well, when we have faith, we are not longer frightened or full of egoic falsehoods, and we realize how we are all interconnected and there is a plan and The Way is something we should accept, and once we do, we realize we don't even have a need to steal, lie, cheat, hurt others, etc. All things can be accomplished through acceptance and faith.

It's why ambition is a sin. I never understand that. I never understood so much the Christian Bible until I "got it" through more esoteric, idea based Eastern practices.

It's not that it's wrong to want to accomplish things or learn to build things, it's wrong to live in a state of perpetual stress and striving; it makes us SICK. Look at the U.S. full of people who don't sleep enough, anxious, tired, stressed-out, depressed, lonely people...because they are so addicted to striving. They are so weighed down by their possessions.

It's not wrong to have money or possessions, but it's sick to be controlled by them to the point that we never experience gratitude for what we have, or realize how much we have, and take time to simply be and love others, and not be constantly striving, shopping, trying to acquire more stuff, be better than others.

It all makes so much sense to me now. It's why fundies think we're living in Satanic times. From a certain interpretation, we are. Of course, I tend to follow religious philosophies who don't believe in Satan incarnate, but rather understand that over-fixation on ego actually leads to human misery.

If it is not true it is very well invented - that is one of my favorite quotes (Giordano Bruno). The world is a big place. We may find one day that all ideas have an immanence within reality on some level of manifestation. To create something that it cannot contain may be an incredulous invention. The box of barriers shall be broken asunder!

For the mundane aspects of existence, God may describe what can't currently be explained, but when it comes to dream development, going beyond the limits of our perceptions may bring to pass what naturalism would deem impossible. The annihilation of all limits draws nigh!
    Have you considered ENTP as a type?

A broadened horizon makes for a much better and more meaningful voyage, and along the way, many treasures are yet to be discovered. Many new lands and explorations await us across the ocean.

Human experiences are limited by our sense perceptions, but if we tap into the deep recesses of the mind, the world will open and unfold before our eyes. A good sense of wonder is a fountain that springs forth worlds of all kinds, and as we merge with the source of it all, our minds will take flight. Our ascension is immanent!

Proper evidence used with false reasoning can lead to fables, though good fables can prove to be valuable metaphors in conceptualizing new designs. Even things that aren't present on our plane can give us their gifts.

I like the paradox of centering ourselves with the acentric vastness of this endless and infinite existence, but our own individual universe may have such a core from where we can derive strength and inspiration (Nikola Tesla's ideas were not all his own; many may have sprung from this source). We have yet to penetrate the secrets of this core.

Perhaps there could be a fusion of two concepts, the existence of a divine being living in an omniversal creation melted into one, because after all, life must exist under all conditions and phases of development. Evolution I believe can realize all ends of the spectrum, from humans and gods to God. All things conceivable could manifest.

Without taking up the sword of challenge, we will experience no triumphs in our cosmic arena; arguments are a forge for refining our ideas and developing their directions. If we are simply content with the current state of things, they will remain in their static state, incapable for change. Transformation is the way forward into the future.

The old man in the clouds perhaps has reached his most full and complete state of I am that I am, that is, he has attained self-mastery and found his own true self inside, taking his personal growth to the max. We each seek this light shining with all promise on our paths leading to the divine. Our ultimate destiny has yet to be realized, and it may be long in coming, but we draw ever closer.

Transcendental Will flows through us all and changes the world!
    I agree that the mythology of the old man in the clouds is similar to Hindus or Buddhists having a guru, a human manifestation with a face of god-presence, showing us the state of enlightenment, that a person can acheive enlightenment, that God isn't a far away thing, and that God with a face is the embodiment of enlightenment.

Or something.

I also started to "get" the celibacy thing: when people have a high level of enlightenment or god-consciousness and they don't focus it into a romantic partner or creating new people, instead of focusing that energy into sex and family, they can love all people equally and non-sexually and achieve great acts of agape love for mankind because all of their god-creation sexual energy is directed into agape love for all, instead of for the spouse and creation/raising of children.

Of course, though, when a person has NOT attained true enlightenment or god-consciousness, and try to be celibate, they may find themselves commiting perversions and heinous acts in a misguided attempt to re-direct the natural bodily sexual impulse.

It's all starting to come together for me. It's really amazing. I've had some really amazing "flashes" of enlightenment and Self-realization lately. They last for a few minutes to an hour, I'm not saying I've achieved true enlightenment. I have no current plans to declare myself the Dalai Llama ha haha. I'm just seeing it in flashes. I'm getting "glimpses" of god-consciousness. And naturally, via meditation and yoga and prayer, I don't think drugs can help a person reach TRUE god-consciousness, things like LSD and ecstasy are sad, destructive attempts to mimic the god-consciousness.

Since I've being having these flashes, though, I now remember that I had them as a child. And maybe that's why Jesus says be like a little child in order to enter the kingdom of heaven. I guess kids are more aware of God than adults are, like adults forget or get jaded by the world. I recall having these experiences of simply being and experiencing this pure peace more frequently in my childhood, and then in my teens, and less so in adulthood: in adulthood they mainly seemed to occur only in certain times or places, like during sex with a person I love or on the beach at night. Now that I'm doing yoga and meditating, I'm starting to have longer-term and more frequent experiences in random places, like just sitting in a room alone or walking down the street, more like I did as a child.

God is everywhere. God is love. It's pretty amazing how we "forget."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This song also makes more sense to me now. It seems like it almost has a humanitarian atheist message, but John Lennon and Yoko Ono were/are actually very spiritual people, and now it makes sense to me in the sense of spiritually saying we are all peacefully one, that heaven and hell are not "places" and that cultural religion may even divide people.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Absolutely, it's just never going to be mainstream. People are tribalists, we break into little identifiable groups and stake out our territory and our gods. My personal beliefs are heavily informed by Mysticism, and you quickly learn that all forms of mysticism access the same deep spiritual parts of the human experience, and they resemble each other very strongly. They also are often misunderstood twisted and often vilified by the traditions they come out of.. Kaballah, Sufiism, etc.

You have to maintain a sort of conscientious and inclusiveness that takes work, unlike divisiveness.
    Yes, it is extraordinary how similar mysticisms of quite different faiths are.

In this whole world there are so many names of god,

Quote Originally Posted by roman67 View Post
    In this whole world there are so many names of god,
    The names of God collapse down to two: Mum and Dad.

As I write, Dad is the preferred name of God, but some of us have a sneaking preference for Mum.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

This thread immediately made me think of the 99 most beautiful names of God. See also:

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This thread immediately made me think of the 99 most beautiful names of God. See also:

These names are mention in the Quran, I think there is Al in every name which mean unlimited (i am not sure).