User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the Pope is important because he is the Head of a Church with 1.2 thousand million members.
    This is the only reason for the rest of us to care; we need not share the faith to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm quite sure His Holiness, Francis, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Summus Pontifex Ecclesiae Universalis, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Roman Province, Sovereign of the State of Vatican City, Servant of the Servants of God is worried about what people on Typology Central think about him.
    It behooves him to worry about what his millions of church members think. There are many who will follow his example, for good or for ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I actually wonder sometimes if people even understand how well the average Catholic is educated, let alone their priests (who have PhDs) ...my best friend from high school, an ENFJ, went to Catholic school until 9th grade, where they were studying ...physics. In 9th grade I was considered smrt because I took advanced biology. I believe some people in public schools are still taking earth science in the 9th grade.
    It seems we have had this discussion before. Your estimates of Catholic education are much exaggerated. As anecdotal evidence, I was raised Catholic, and out of the many priests I have known, only one had a PhD. He was a professor at the local seminary who came to say one of the many Sunday masses at our parish. Conversely, I work with many PhDs, and there are very few Catholics among them outside of the local catholic college. Catholics make up a much larger percentage of our management, though.

As for learning physics in 9th grade, unless one is also learning calculus, it is better considered "physics appreciation". Physics concepts can be found even in the elementary curriculum. The name alone does not say much about the demands or difficulty of the class.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This is the only reason for the rest of us to care [for the Pope]; we need not share the faith to do so.
    Let me try to give you another reason:

It is a truism because it is true: "the history of Europe is the history of the Church". And the Church in question is the Roman Catholic Church, headed by the Pope for two thousand years.

And you are a son of Europe. And for a son not to know the history of his parent over the last three thousand years is negligent.

The reason you should care for the Pope is to care for and understand yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It is a truism because it is true: "the history of Europe is the history of the Church". And the Church in question is the Roman Catholic Church, headed by the Pope for two thousand years.

And you are a son of Europe. And for a son not to know the history of his parent over the last three thousand years is negligent.

The reason you should care for the Pope is to care for and understand yourself.
    Sloppy, sloppy.

Europe is much older than the Catholic Church, so their histories coincide only to a point.

You are assuming much about my personal background. Perhaps I do know my "parent" much better than you think.

I care about understanding the Pope because of his potential to influence the world at large.

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Sloppy, sloppy.

Europe is much older than the Catholic Church, so their histories coincide only to a point.

You are assuming much about my personal background. Perhaps I do know my "parent" much better than you think.

I care about understanding the Pope because of his potential to influence the world at large.
    Socrates was born in 469 BC, so Europe only goes back 500 years before Catholicism.

And Europe has influenced the whole world already. It is quite impossible to understand the influence of Europe without understanding the influence of the Pope.

Perhaps your mind is under the influence of Protestant Capitalists.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Socrates was born in 469 BC, so Europe only goes back 500 years before Catholicism.

And Europe has influenced the whole world already. It is quite impossible to understand the influence of Europe without understanding the influence of the Pope.
    Just what do you think was in Europe before that date? Dinosaurs???

Just what do you think was in Europe before that date? Dinosaurs???
    Come on, I am talking about the culture of Europe.

And the culture of Europe is based on Ancient Greek Philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment. So it's about 3,000 years old.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Come on, I am talking about the culture of Europe.

And the culture of Europe is based on Ancient Greek Philosophy, Judaism, Christianity and the Enlightenment. So it's about 3,000 years old.
    How narrow minded. Read this:

The Chalice and the Blade

Deracinated

How narrow minded. Read this:

The Chalice and the Blade
    How deracinated. Read this -

When we can't identify with our own culture, we are deracinated.

And the deracinated mind is the homeless mind.

And the homeless mind is driven back to narcissistic fantasy.

And how appropriate in the make-believe world of mbti.

And here is the author, Riane Eisler, at - http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Ginkgo

In Victor's worldview, Philosoraptor gave birth to Socrates.