• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could know...

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the exact day you were going to die? Would you?

What about other knowledge that may or not be beneficial to you to know, but would be impactful in terms of how you might live differently, perceive things differently, or interact/appreciate something differently?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hell no. I'd be too obsessed about it. Every day would seem like a countdown to the end and would affect my ability to enjoy life now.

IllusoryReverie

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you could know the exact day you were going to die? Would you?

No, I can't say that I would. It seems that I wouldn't be able to live my life as comfortably being aware of the exact date of my upcoming death. Sure, some people might feel that they could make more of their time knowing how much they've got, but for me I feel that I would only worry about it so then that knowledge would actually end up taking more away from my life than it would give to it.

Lark

How would you ever know with absolute certainty?

I dont believe it would be a good thing to know, its better to assume that everyday could be your last because eventually one of them will be.

I've been better at saying or thinking that than living it but I'm trying to change that.

Mole

Permabanned
I suspect I will die on a monday or tuesday or wednesday or a thursday or a friday or a saturday or a sunday. I supect I will die on a mundane day of the week.

And it is the mundane from which I wish to escape.

I am surrounded by the mundane. Everyone has a mundane walk. Will I turn my face to wall to escape?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I would not want to know. That said, I'd certainly hope the ability to find out was a one time offer; knowing my curious nature, I'd be unable to resist the temptation to find out if the offer lingered, even though I know finding out and knowing would probably bother me.

I

Infinite Bubble

No. It would act as a horrible deadline for trying to get everything I wanted to do done. Then I wouldn't bother because I'd remember it's all a waste of time.

S

Society

you people are all thinking about this the wrong way....

you are thinking its a deadline telling you when you'll die. as i see it, it's also a table telling you all the days that you are not going to die in, no matter what happens. imagine just having one of those: an entire day that you know, no matter what you're going to do, you're not going to die.

jump from a plane, swim with the sharks, go try erotic asphyxiation, fuck the wife of an insane totalitarian warlord, do some heroic shit, hop on cars, fight lions, do every act in this song, it won't matter.

now imagine every day but one for the rest of your life being like that - utter immunity form death.

i'd go for it.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I was thinking if I knew I could take out a huge life insurance policy and my family would be loaded.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ignorance is inevitably always bliss.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I take it back.

I wouldn't want to know when I'd die, I'd think about it all the time (typical N) and plan out each day until my death..but never follow through (typical P).

As for ignorance being bliss, I take it back, because ignorance is.. ignorance. Enlightenment can be as painful as hell or as euphoric as heaven. Feeling that pain or euphoria is what separates living humans from corpses though.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We seem wary of the notion that patterns could determine life cycle parameters because it'd stamp out free will as we've come to perceive. Either that or we're used to repeating any thought ever read or otherwise exposed to rather than