• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difference in Fi vs Ti in the conclusion of a god

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Listen, I'm not 100% sold on Kiersey either, but again, just take a look around and see all the threads that have been made here and on other sites and I think you will see a strong correlation between NT's and agnosticism and atheism.

Yes, but I don't think those people are always actual NTs in terms of function preference.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do you mean?

I'm just not operating with perhaps the genrally wide-spread idea of what an NT is. As I laid out in my previous post, I operate under the Jungian assumption of type, meaning that a lot of people who probably score as NTs on the MBTI test are in my opinion in a Jungian sense, mistypes. Heck, I'm one.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm just not operating with perhaps the genrally wide-spread idea of what an NT is. As I laid out in my previous post, I operate under the Jungian assumption of type, meaning that a lot of people who probably score as NTs on the MBTI test are in my opinion in a Jungian sense, mistypes. Heck, I'm one.

Well I don't consider a person an NT unless they use Ne<Ti, Ti<Ne, Ni<Te, or Te<Ni.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I don't consider a person an NT unless they use Ne<Ti, Ti<Ne, Ni<Te, or Te<Ni.

Yes, but I don't operate by what I assume to be, the same function definitions as you and most others do.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what do you think that they are then?

I work more with the definitions presented in socionics and Jung's nowadays. I barely remember how the MBTI functions are described outside Lenore Thomson's descriptions of them. I for example don't think being action-oriented or living in the presnt moment has anything to with Se.

Mole

Permabanned
So basically, when the stars all die out, when all the sources of the energy fizzle out, at some point afterwards, it starts all over again? I'd read about this idea before, but I wasn't aware that it was anything more than speculation.

If this is the case, this would suggest an eternal universe, one without a starting point.

Well, we have two three dimensional branes which move together then move apart. And where they briefly touch, a universe is born.

And your right, we don't have any evidence for branes except that the dimensions of the other brane are all around us. And perhaps we might discover them in the hadron collider.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I work more with the definitions presented in socionics and Jung's nowadays. I barely remember how the MBTI functions are described outside Lenore Thomson's descriptions of them. I for example don't think being action-oriented or living in the presnt moment has anything to with Se.

I don't mind Thompson's definitions, but I hate socionics definitions.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
So the only other INXP I know who is seriously interested in this question is an INFP. And he doesn't believe in a god. I'm far more ambivalent, but I think it's because my brain is telling me there isn't a god, it just doesn't add up... but my belief has yet to follow.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As an INTP, I find the idea of a Spinzoan god or primary mover very appealing, so I actually identify with that. I have a hard time grasping the concept of "existence" without something like that. For me, that provides a "reason" for existence. You can start with the Big Bang, and I believe in all of that, but there's a part of me that's unsatisfied, and can't stop asking "But why?"

I find that most people don't want to go into this detail, so I've just started telling them I'm an atheist.

What exactly is this "Force" that's moving all things into causation? I think the Big Bang, assuming it was what generated our Universe, is the offspring of some greater collective mind permeating a vast corner of existence. How exactly to visualize such an entity kind of eludes me, but I have a theory that it might be a liquid light, a formless and infinite source that can take on any transformation, become any shape imaginable.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
I get the sense of a god when I realize how much I don't know about what goes on in the universe and even the world and how out of my hands everything it is. When you realize how infinitesimal your knowledge is, you have to surrender your personal will because you realize you just have no idea about what's best for you, the world, the universe, or anything. You have to learn to let it do what it wants with you, learn to go with the flow. It's like giving your life up. The weird thing is that this is possible at all. It's like you can tap into a higher intelligence just by doing this and things wind up turning out way better than they would have if it had been something you cooked up. The problem is patience - you will be following blindly and you will only find out the plan as it is revealed. Many times you won't know why this intelligence wants you to go through one thing or another, and you don't want to, but you just gotta trust it, I dunno. That's god to me, for now anyway.