User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Its secularism and aggressive adolescent atheism which needs to be eliminated but no ones goinf to admit that while they dont provide as good a bogey for liberals to bitch and whine about in their comfortable borgouise circles

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

We have had the new toy for a long time. Science. Our own brains and what they can comprehend.

Yet we are ridiculous. How can we ever fully comprehend that which we did not create and cannot control.

I agree with Ene. Faith is inextinguishable. Faith is, in fact, where all good things grow ... including science! Check your history

I feel you to be somewhat out of place, standing over the human race as if you yourself were not part of it, likening it to a child with a toy and seeking to distract it with a better one. Do you honestly feel yourself to be this close to God?

/rhetorical
    So I take it that means you believe religion has no good qualities?
    Or maybe that means you believe religion's good qualities can be replaced by other things that have no bad qualities?
    Or maybe that means you believe that religion is only about beliefs?

/Either way,
    As Tinker pointed out, how is the premise that religion should be replaced not a belief on your part? You never did bother to make a case for this, nor did any of the other jerking buddies who graced you with a comment or answer.

Oh, right, I almost forgot. This is the same forum that advocated getting rid of the constitution with no idea in mind as to what kind of government would result. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Nevermind then; you probably aren't listening to me anyway.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    /rhetorical
    So I take it that means you believe religion has no good qualities?
    Or maybe that means you believe religion's good qualities can be replaced by other things that have no bad qualities?
    Or maybe that means you believe that religion is only about beliefs?

/Either way,
    As Tinker pointed out, how is the premise that religion should be replaced not a belief on your part? You never did bother to make a case for this, nor did any of the other jerking buddies who graced you with a comment or answer.
    Good point Little Sticks!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think that a good start would be to legitimately separate the church from the state, and not let any religious people be politicians; and not let anything religious go into schools unless it's in a history class or religion class. There are some laws that for sure are only there because of religion. Have religion be something unnecessary to society but optional, and not forced on us in very subtle ways. Then I think it will be all fair and good.

If people stop being raised to be religious, then a lot less people will be this way. And you'll have many, many more people who are religious for their own personal reasons and gains rather than just because they were raised that way. Then the problem will stop somewhat in my opinion. There will always be bigots and extremists.

Here in the bible belt I can't buy alcohol on Sunday.
    Dirt Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    By acknowledging that we don't know what happens after death [...]
    But we do. You die. Mind ends. Body decomposes (unless artificially preserved). Body ends.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Here in the bible belt I can't buy alcohol on Sunday.
    But it seems to me that to want the rid the world of believers, without even atttempting to understand them or see the world through their eyes, places the one who wants to be rid of them into the same category....dare I say? as bigots and extremists." I live in the Bible Belt, too, and yes, religion has bad points, but to want to rid the world of believers...why that's absolute fantatism and very hypocritical. It almost sounds like these "intellectual" people are saying, "I want to rid the world of everyone not like me."
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But we do. You die. Mind ends. Body decomposes (unless artificially preserved). Body ends.
    A flux of waves dances across the universe like a dervish for the infinitesimally small period of perhaps a hundred years. The last we know these
    met was before strong and weak, strange and charm. They decohere never to be seen again in the lifetime of another dervish. The meaning of the dance ambiguous and clouded in space and time at the edges of irrational numerical sequences that have no perceivable end. What does all this signify? Perhaps it is as you say.. nothing. But perhaps we have become all too comfortable with the pain and tragedy that life can often bring our way and so it just becomes easier to believe that the universe is bleak. We lose something very precious when this occurs. Our curiosity and the possibility to see something that defies our expectations in a beautiful way
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

The only way to end religion is to start killing people. Billion of them. The second you made any attempt at a "creative" or intellectual solution, you lost. You're not going to get anything accomplished thinking like a wuss.