User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    [...] and not let any religious people be politicians [...]
    That won't be possible. But you can exclude people who are professionally religious.

Adopt the Bolshevik method where places of worship are closed down and discrimination in favour of those who profess agnosticism or atheism...unless you intend to breed religion out of the human brain via genetic engineering.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Adopt the Bolshevik method where places of worship are closed down and discrimination in favour of those who profess agnosticism or atheism...unless you intend to breed religion out of the human brain via genetic engineering.
    I dont think that's a good idea. It will be then just like a parallel to those theocratic societies where people with different beliefs are persecuted/marginalized and forbidden to practice their religions. I think it's better that people come to this decision out of their own free will, and education and knowledge is the key.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    I dont think that's a good idea. It will be then just like a parallel to those theocratic societies where people with different beliefs are persecuted/marginalized and forbidden to practice their religions. I think it's better that people come to this decision out of their own free will, and education and knowledge is the key.
    I don't think condescending to people is a whole lot more effective than legally forbidding them. Especially when you're dealing with a cure in search of a problem.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

You don't.

You promote the redirection of religious impulses where they conflict with objective scientific criteria or (subjective) personal morality (i.e. you demand that legal prohibitions on behavior are justified through secular reasoning), and otherwise accept that religion fulfills needs within many (probably most) people that secular alternatives cannot (and in other areas, cannot do as well), and not be a petty dick about any necessary confrontations as they arise.

Banned

The only way for said thing to occur would be if it took root in our way of reasoning, as an obsolete way of thinking/communicating about life, if that happened it would only be a matter of time. Seeing how knowledge is not about reality, it's the stigma of interpersonal relationships.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Therefore this new toy is what I am looking for.
    That's what he said
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I think there should be religious education at schools. The children should know the "official version" of their religion otherwise they believe that kinky bullshit their parents taught them. Christians should know the traditional and historical Jesus, so they build their own oppinion on religion.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't think condescending to people is a whole lot more effective than legally forbidding them. Especially when you're dealing with a cure in search of a problem.
    Who is saying anything about condescending here? Are you implying that i endorse condescending to people, or that my proposal to increase education is condescending? If so, what about what i said makes you think that? How did you even come to that conclusion in the first place anyway? Did you even read my post, or rather, did you even try to comprehend it?

I want to know if i am dealing with a legitimate case here or just a troll so that i dont waste my time.
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

By acknowledging that we don't know what happens after death or any realm in the field of metaphysics. By giving people a way to have higher purpose here in this world. By replacing the prosocial functions of religion with other institutions. By debunking mythology with a more comprehensive view of life that incorporates all the fields of study in life.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.