User Tag List

12 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default ____ is to important to be left to the _____

Have you heard the saying "politics is too important to be left to the politicians" or "therapy is too important to be left to the therapists" or "law enforcement is too important to be left to the law enforcement officers" what is your view of this? Do you agree? What do you think it means?

Infinite Bubble

Agree somewhat. A lot of 'normal' people have good ideas. On the other hand though, some have insane and foolish ones so I guess that balances it out.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Have you heard the saying "politics is too important to be left to the politicians" or "therapy is too important to be left to the therapists" or "law enforcement is too important to be left to the law enforcement officers" what is your view of this? Do you agree? What do you think it means?

I tend to think it starts a slippery, and dangerous, slope. Not really a mindset I align myself with. Voluntary.

I'm just more likely to do my own thing, rather than turn it into some fundamentalist ideal.

Also, I really like your sig about dressing up. I may incorporate that into my work, somehow.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think its not a critic of the jobs people do, its more a statement of wisdom which says something along the line: 'it's always easy to criticize, when you are in the opposition'.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned

life is too important to be left to humans.
    the world is too important to be left to slaves.
    girls are too important to be left to men.
    dynasties are too important to be left to me.

WALMART

Grammar is too important to be left to the Larks.

Sigh, I never contribute much, do I?

The Change of the Archetypes

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is a sign of the times. Institutions are loosing their authority. For instance, the nine year investigation into the Irish Catholic Church by Justice Seán Ryan was delivered in 2009.

The Ryan Report broke the power of the Catholic Church in Ireland. But this is not limited to one church, institutions all over the world are loosing their power to hypnotise and abuse us.

And as I write, Australia is mounting a Royal Commission into many institutions, not only the Catholic Church.

So we are loosing our trust in authority.

And this is only natural as we move from the archtypical authoritarian personality to the archtypical creative and empathic personality.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I consider it a comment upon division of labour, particular people perform particular tasks, for a range of reasons, practicality and efficiency, but sometimes those tasks are sufficiently important that something is required to supplement the division of labour or that the delegation of responsibility can never be complete nor should ever be complete.

For me its related to older ideas about being polymaths, or being and exercising personal responsibility in the broadest sense, where it intersects with social conscience.

Although that's me, reading everyones contributions was interesting because they all were similar to posts upon any topic on the forum, its not simply that people have their pet topics and pet peeves or usual manner of interacting with particular posters, its really beginning to look one dimensional. Food for thought maybe. Or perhaps there's a few bots operating on the forum.

MBTI
    INTP

We might be too specialized today to entertain such nonsense

Or perhaps not...

Still, I tend to lend credit toward a person who makes something his/her passion and life

So I probably will listen to a doctor when I have a medical issue, and I'll probably consult a lawyer for legal advice. I would expect a politician to make laws and a therapist to manage therapy.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think its not a critic of the jobs people do, its more a statement of wisdom which says something along the line: 'it's always easy to criticize, when you are in the opposition'.
    "entrepreneurship is too important to be left for investors" => kickstarter
    "political commentary is too important to be left for the pundits" => the blogosphere
    "encyclopedic data summary is too important to be left to encyclopedias" => wikipedia
    "investigative reporting is too important to be left for reports" => wikileaks
    "the means of production are too important to be left for factories" => 3D printers
    "schooling is too important to be left for the schools" => online education
    "energy is too important to be left for the power stations" => sustainable housing
    "protein encoding is too important to be left for biochemists" => foldIt

one person's high horse criticism can be another's inspirational problem to fix.
    and professionally, one day i hope to be among the later part of that coin...
    but i know we need the first part, so don't you go and dis the complainers