• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are emotions so bad? Hmm?

Lark

T-like skills are probably valued because they can be useful for order, but a need for order is ultimately ruled by emotion.

Things are so ruled by emotion that the one thing which accomplishes nothing - apathy - stands out as being exceptional. Even the most die hard thinker can't really be entirely apathetic about it, otherwise they wouldn't bother in the first place.

I'd daresay that the ones who do the hardest thinking are highly invested in strict emotions.

I started a thread someplace asking whether or not the rise of emotional intelligence theories would ultimately benefit F types.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started a thread someplace asking whether or not the rise of emotional intelligence theories would ultimately benefit F types.
I suppose it depends on how much mileage said F-types are able to get out of that propaganda. Those theories read a bit like wishful thinking to me. Most outcomes can be obtained through standard logical processes.

Lark

I suppose it depends on how much mileage said F-types are able to get out of that propaganda. Those theories read a bit like wishful thinking to me. Most outcomes can be obtained through standard logical processes.

It depends on that theories are your go to positions, I certainly dont accept a lot of the gender bias ones and do think they are similar to some other "end of history" bad thinking or pomo navel gazing.

On the other hand they've done a lot in the way of identifying predatory behaviour and types discussing functional behaviour etc.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on that theories are your go to positions, I certainly dont accept a lot of the gender bias ones and do think they are similar to some other "end of history" bad thinking or pomo navel gazing.

On the other hand they've done a lot in the way of identifying predatory behaviour and types discussing functional behaviour etc.
I am not sure what you mean here. Do you refer to theories that associate certain types of emotional behavior with each gender? What is "end of history" bad thinking, or "pomo navel gazing" for that matter? What kind of predatory behavior do you mean, and what has helped identify it - theories of emotional intelligence?