User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,103

    Default Life's Questions (Image Heavy)






















    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,376

    Default

    I enjoyed that.
    Questioning is ever present in my mind, so it resonated.

    EDIT: also, clever use of imagery through cartoon characters expression and dramatic interaction dynamic for captivating the audience, it beats a sterile and boring WoT.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  3. #3
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    That was definitely worth reading, thanks for sharing.

    Getting too attached to the questions leads to inaction, and getting too attached to the answers leads to inflexibility.

    So we need to find our personal point of balance.

    Mbti-wise, sounded like a conversation between a 9w1 INFP and an 1w9 ENTJ.

  4. #4
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    This almost makes me imagine being at a magic show and somebody invariably says "Bah! That's nothing! There's a mirror over there."

    Of course there is, you genius, thanks for ruining the mood. Now, hope that somebody is able to pry my hands from around your neck in time!

  5. #5
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    I'm sad that they lost their friendship. It seemed like a perfect one.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  6. #6
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    That was definitely worth reading, thanks for sharing.

    Getting too attached to the questions leads to inaction, and getting too attached to the answers leads to inflexibility.

    So we need to find our personal point of balance.

    Mbti-wise, sounded like a conversation between a 9w1 INFP and an 1w9 ENTJ.
    This.

    Also, I think our one-eyed friend doesn't seem to realize that we'll never have "definitive" answers for some things in life as life is constantly changing and evolving which means there will always be new challenges and therefore new questions. So his fear is a little exaggerated.

    Good read though, I enjoyed it
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  7. #7
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    This.

    Also, I think our one-eyed friend doesn't seem to realize that we'll never have "definitive" answers for some things in life as life is constantly changing and evolving which means there will always be new challenges and therefore new questions. So his fear is a little exaggerated.

    Good read though, I enjoyed it
    Actually one-eyed wingy dude pretty much said that himself.

  8. #8
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Actually one-eyed wingy dude pretty much said that himself.
    He mentioned something along those lines, but the take away that I had from it is that he didn't really seem to understand that
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  9. #9
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Thoughts vs actions.

    (Keeping it physical).

    Thoughts can't hurt another, but they can't help another either. Actions can hurt another, but they can also help another.
    Is it better to be sure of not hurting, but also, not helping...or is helping, even at the risk of hurting, more appropriate?

    How can you be sure your help isn't actually hurting? You give a bum a dollar on the street...did you help him, or did you hurt him?

    What matters more? Hurt or help?

    (I've given change to a bum out of spite...because that money, it doesn't help him...it conditions him to want help from me...)

    As usual....we need to get off this planet. To the moon, lets go! lolol

  10. #10
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Thoughts vs actions.

    (Keeping it physical).

    Thoughts can't hurt another, but they can't help another either. Actions can hurt another, but they can also help another.
    Is it better to be sure of not hurting, but also, not helping...or is helping, even at the risk of hurting, more appropriate?

    How can you be sure your help isn't actually hurting? You give a bum a dollar on the street...did you help him, or did you hurt him?

    What matters more? Hurt or help?

    (I've given change to a bum out of spite...because that money, it doesn't help him...it conditions him to want help from me...)

    As usual....we need to get off this planet. To the moon, lets go! lolol
    Everything rides on a continuum of hurt or help. Some times help hurts and some times hurt helps.

    Imagine when a mother and father are trapped in a house that is burning down and they throw their baby out the window. It's trading off imminent death for just possible survival. Some babies have survived that. Some have not. But you don't have time to ask if it's worth it.

Similar Threads

  1. Cognitive functions test: real life examples of the questions?
    By DreamBeliever in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-22-2015, 06:16 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
  3. [SJ] SJ's .. A question regarding the bigger picture of life
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO