• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you had three days to live and you still hadn't found your other half....

xisnotx

Permabanned
Would you give up hope completely and concentrate on other ends or would you still find a way to be optimistic that you'd find her (or him if you're a girl, or, if that's your thing..) until it were no longer possible?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd burn life's house down. With the lemons.

I WILL move forward. I stop for nobody. Stop me and I will BEAT you with a pool noodle.

You can come with me though. If you want. I'm cool with that.

Lark

I'd see what life had in store for the remaining three days, any time I've met someone who I developed feeling for it was unexpected rather than by design.

I'd focus on other things too, I focus on other things anyway and perhaps that's why I'm single but its also why I'm not in an unhappy relationship of some sort and I prefer that arrangement.

With three days to live I'm saying good bye to the people I need to, making my peace with God, finding a few things I enjoy to do and doing them. Not wasting a single moment of a single day.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Naw, with three days left I'd settle for a kindly rando.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems selfish to want to meet someone if you only had three days. I'd much rather spend that time with those who already mean the most to me, than being giddy over some "soul mate".

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
why bother if you only have 3 days left? "soul mates" (god I hate that term! it sounds like a hippy took over hallmark :sick:) are long term things, not something that you get for 3 days and then drop over dead :shrug:

... it's like Lurlene Mcdaniel has come onto the site and started a thread... or Nicholas Sparks... if this happens can they please be banned immediately? :puppy_dog_eyes:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would you give up hope completely and concentrate on other ends or would you still find a way to be optimistic that you'd find her (or him if you're a girl, or, if that's your thing..) until it were no longer possible?

Other half? Are we not whole beings if we choose to fly solo?

If I had 3 days to live, I'd likely spend that time exploring/doing ridiculous things with people I care about, & die spooning my cat, who I hereby bequeath to my INTP friend to look after, upon my death.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty much what [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] said!

A

Anew Leaf

why bother if you only have 3 days left? "soul mates" (god I hate that term! it sounds like a hippy took over hallmark :sick:) are long term things, not something that you get for 3 days and then drop over dead :shrug:

... it's like Lurlene Mcdaniel has come onto the site and started a thread... or Nicholas Sparks... if this happens can they please be banned immediately? :puppy_dog_eyes:

The Cast of This Moment Because of @bold:

Laughter: Erupting
Water: Everywhere
Soul: Satisfied

3 days left.... is a long time if you are a butterfly. As I am not a butterfly, I would probably spend it with the family and friends who mean the most to me. The End.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I would definitely probably hook up with the person I thought was closest to 'that special someone' at the time.. but I'd probably spend one day with my family, and then travel far away somewhere crazy and spend my last moments in the biggest, most lavish remote area possible, with a beautiful view, and probably worry about stupid things like who would probably get my best pairs of shoes and if I left the oven on before I flew out, or what actually happened in Game of Thrones book 6. Then I'd panic for the last few hours since I probably forgot to record the exact time I'd die.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd have a passionate three days with someone I got on with really well. A last hoorah of feelings, because even if you have all of the time in the world you can't force a search for love. One shouldn't even really be searching-searching for it, you know?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a silly idea. It takes longer than 3 days to figure out that someone is your other half anyway. I mean, I guess if you had some suspicions that you already found your other half I guess. Then you could do some dramatic exclamation of it and then make that person miserable and regretful after you die. Actually, that's kind of selfish. Sheesh.

KDude

What other half? :huh:

It seems like everything around me (media and people) drive themselves nuts with this assumption.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
That'd be a mighty cruel thing to do to somebody, IMO. And a waste of time. I'd rather spend my time with established loved ones than chasing down an elusive and possibly mythical stranger.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If my lifes only meaning was to find my better half so I bring some action to my miserable existance, then I'll prolly still spend those days in a bar :)

KDude

If my lifes only meaning was to find my better half so I bring some action to my miserable existance, then I'll prolly still spend those days in a bar :)

Oh, it's "better half" now? As if other half wasn't grasping enough.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh, it's "better half" now? As if other half wasn't grasping enough.

Ey dont get literal on me S-guy. I am on your side :) (I used 'better half' to make the statement look better as a metaphor)