User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

it would be statistically unlikely that I would under 3 days. also the whole love at first sight stuff is either extremely high level pattern recognition and luck + physical chemistry / infatuation or more likely just infatuation. It takes hours of conversation just to start knowing someone.

Also being in an obvious hurry would probably be perceived as needy or 'crazy unstable fidgety person'. Maybe it can work with extroverts, introverts would roll in a ball and start sobbing while I go crazyNe on them. it'd be bad *shakes head*

anyway. The OP is weird.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Guess so, I've been hurting since I came up, and I look around, and I'm nowhere.
    If life is a gift, time is the line for returns.
    Well, I'm not here to give advice. If you want to return the gift somehow, so be it. I'm one of those who think it's a gift, and I'd never return it just because my particular gift seems pretty good. I can be grateful because I haven't grown up in the third world and wake up every morning selling rotten crops out of my 2x5 yard garden... which nobody buys. Nor have I had my face mutilated by an insane chimp. Among a myriad of other tragedies that could befall me (and may befall me in my future...who knows). If I had three days left to live, I would remind myself of these things. I've had it pretty good. I wouldn't dwell on "woman problems". That'd be pretty lame.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

more practically speaking- why do I only have 3 days left to live? when would a situation like this even arise? I haven't borrowed any money from the mob!

I'm more likely to figure out how NOT die in 3 days- I haven't experienced everything I want to yet so I'm not going down without a fight
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    more practically speaking- why do I only have 3 days left to live? when would a situation like this even arise? I haven't borrowed any money from the mob!

I'm more likely to figure out how NOT die in 3 days- I haven't experienced everything I want to yet so I'm not going down without a fight
    I had kept away from this thread so far because of :
    1) 'the other half' term irks me, but I know I'm sensitive to it because it's something I want in a way

2) I could only think of situations and ways to avoid them rather than complying with the thread. And I'm not invested into the forum enough to follow through with arguing about alternatives online.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I've kept away from this thread so far because of :
    1) 'the other half' term irks me, but I know I'm sensitive to it because it's something I want in a way

2) I could only think of situations and ways to avoid them rather than complying with the thread. And I'm not invested into the forum enough to follow through with arguing about alternatives online.
    "other half" implies that you are not an entire person... and if you can't stand on your own do you deserve to have someone else around without being the burden they must carry? partner in crime... now THERE'S something to desire... the person who can convey delightfully snarky barbs through eye contact across the table when you're stuck with a boring dinner guest, the person who you can learn from and they can learn from you, someone who you KNOW has your back

and the arguing saps the life out of forum involvement in a way... where's the fun in getting bogged down defending your right to have an opinion because someone thinks that it's WRONG... I have to wonder if some people have anything better to do
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I wouldn't wait. I would have spent a quarter of a century just searching and waiting so would not feel optimistic I would strike it big within the space of three days.

No, I would write a memoir detailing my life and put it on youtube titled "the thoughts and reflections of a man with days left to live." The prospect that I have left some sort of legacy (and can feel that my life is worth it) is what drives me. Hopefully the video would upload before I passed away.

Permabanned

The world was scheduled to end in three days when I asked this. Seeing as I'm perpetually single, and honestly, in the dark when it comes to knowing heads from tails in romantic relationships, I thought it would be just my luck to find someone in the little time that remained, someone with whom I had honestly fallen hard for, only for the world to actually end.

It would have been funny, at least.

Permabanned

dp