User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have my coping shields to protect me from words and some swears that I know.

06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I have quite a few.

Weapons are just tools. I don't completely understand why people try to treat them like so much more than that.
    It's part of the human condition. Humans are confused and anguished and clouded by death and suffering, and either perpetuate it or strive to eliminate it.

Humans create suffering with their right hand and then curse it from their left hand as if it belongs to somebody else. The left hand tries to hold the right hand down and behind their clouded mind they try to pretend that it's not happening. This must be something else. Something is at fault.

Permabanned

i have a dozen kitchen knives, a mallet, a golf club, an arrow, and, in a pinch, a car.

Enneagram
    9w8

I am a weapon and everything around me is a weapon [for an example an ink pen is deadly], but I would only switch to "take em out mode" to protect myself, another person or an animal [who was being mistreated]. I don't own a gun, if that's what you mean though.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I am a weapon and everything around me is a weapon [for an example an ink pen is deadly], but I would only switch to "take em out mode" to protect myself, another person or an animal [who was being mistreated]. I don't own a gun, if that's what you mean though.
    No that wasnt what I meant and I was waiting for someone to give a response like this.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

with some more thinking...

I grew up in a rural area where hunting was a major form of recreation... we had sheep as well, so defending the flock was also important (though most of the time the dog was pretty good at that!). We always had a couple of 22s behind the door for in case the coyotes got out of hand again and needed to be chased away from the livestock... shoot one over their heads and they would take off!

I got my first bb gun at around the age of 8 and once I learned to shoot that proficiently, I learned to shoot a 22 and got pretty good at that... my grandparents on my mom's side are both marks(wo)men and learning to be at least as accurate as grandma was a challenge!

My grandfather has built his own guns, always rifles, because he enjoys weapons making and hunting... he's pretty passionate about his right to bear arms, but he draws the line at anything made for military use above all else... anything he has would pretty much suck at committing any sort of mass killing because too much reloading would be needed. And this is coming from a guy who retired from the military, belongs to a conservation club, is an NRA member and has a hobby of shooting groundhogs out of his field from his pickup truck

I've moved to the city and we have no guns... we don't NEED them... we have no livestock to defend and neither of us go hunting... the man will occasionally go to the range and shoot a handgun for a while because he's weirdly obsessed with being good at an odd variety of manly things, but he doesn't bring one home with him because he pointed out that one of us would probably accidentally shoot someone that we like
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I don't want countries to have nuclear weapons and I don't want people to have guns. As a matter of reciprocity, I don't own any guns and no other potential weapon than kitchen knives.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't believe in having them. Accidents happen. I knew a guy at work whose 10 year old son was shot and killed when they were goofing off - for example.

But in a pinch, I've got a mean lamp.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I don't believe in having them. Accidents happen. I knew a guy at work whose 10 year old son was shot and killed when they were goofing off - for example.

But in a pinch, I've got a mean lamp.
    A mean lamp

Yes, I know, accidents do happen or a weapon could be stolen from you and used in the commission of a crime.

I know some people who the prospect of their weapon being stolen would be enough to put them off owning one in the first place.

My mum told me that she hated guns back at a time when my dad bought a sufficiently powerful enough air rifle that it needed a licence and a cabinet being installed which the police can inspect.

She told me she hated them because there was a family member who had accidentially shot himself dead while carrying a shot gun and crossing from one field to another through a hedgerow which triggered the weapon.