• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Making it

Mole

Permabanned
Almost everyone here is devoted to making it. To making money. To making it with sex. To making it socially.

But the context of 'making it' is taken for granted.

Of course the very phrase 'making it' is an Americanism and refers to making money. And in Americanism money is proof of God's favour and our salvation.

I am surprised no one is interested in context or the taken for granted. Of course it would mean questioning Americanism and this would lead to cognitive dissonance, emotional pain and social ostracism.

So we keep our heads down and beaver away at the taken for granted, so much so that we ourselves are taken for granted.

Rad3k

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes* I wonder whether you're a real person, or rather something like this.

* often, actually

Last edited:

Rad3k

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The link seems dead. Is that the postmodernism generator? :D
Yes ;) It's strange it's dead. It was alive and good when I wrote the post. Did I break it somehow? :unsure:

EDIT: Actually I broke the link when pasting it, but now it's fixed.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah and fair dinkum is when somebody has a bucket on their head and you dinkum with a giant spoon.

Here's a hint: thou shalt not speak of that which thou dost not understand.