ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Why do you have a sexy avatar?
    Because I'm sexy?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

OMG THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! How can one be cured of being a man-whore?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    OMG THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! How do you cure someone of being a man-whore?

Well, first he/she would have to admit to being a man-whore, and that being a man-whore was a bad thing.

I cannot cure anyone of anything. Only God can.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

damn you catbert and your mysterious ways
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Just hang around. I'm sure examples will arise. Or bring me a specific question, and we will work through it together.
    What does "Impulse of one's mind to enjoy God on his own account" actually entail?

Does this imply that one who doesn't believe in God is not capable of love, and can only lust?

If it does not imply that, then what does this have to do with God?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    What does "Impulse of one's mind to enjoy God on his own account" actually entail?
    I take it to mean you can lust in your own mind, but if you are glorifying God in your mind, that is love; using your mind for love and Godly purpose, not allowing your mind to stray on things without being somehow tethered closely to God.

Does this imply that one who doesn't believe in God is not capable of love, and can only lust?

If it does not imply that, then what does this have to do with God?
    God graces us with gifts all the time, whether we choose to acknowledge him or those gifts as from being from him. He makes you capable of love. You can choose not to lust whether you believe in God or not. People can act nicely without believing in God. But I think the best people do believe in God.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

What if God wants you to have sex before marriage for spiritual growth?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I take it to mean you can lust in your own mind, but if you are glorifying God in your mind, that is love; using your mind for love and Godly purpose, not allowing your mind to stray on things without being somehow tethered closely to God.

God graces us with gifts all the time, whether we choose to acknowledge him or those gifts as from being from him. He makes you capable of love. You can choose not to lust whether you believe in God or not. People can act nicely without believing in God. But I think the best people do believe in God.
    Well ok, but the point of that was an aid in distinguishing between lust and love - love apparently being "Impulse of one's mind to enjoy God on his own account" - so how is this useful to a non believer in distinguishing the difference?

If one is able to not lust and also not believe in God then there must also be another distinguishing factor aside from what is described above.

I'm pretty sure I know the difference anyway, but that seems like a strange way of explaining the difference.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Well ok, but the point of that was an aid in distinguishing between lust and love - love apparently being "Impulse of one's mind to enjoy God on his own account" - so how is this useful to a non believer in distinguishing the difference?

If one is able to not lust and also not believe in God then there must also be another distinguishing factor aside from what is described above.

I'm pretty sure I know the difference anyway, but that seems like a strange way of explaining the difference.

He wrote it that way, I'd imagine, because he wanted to point out that one can lust in one's own mind, not just with another person.

When I didn't believe in God, I had another paradigm to live by. I just found it harder to navigate because it was more vague and I was more likely to err. So if you don't believe in God, how do you differentiate love and lust? I probably would have said something like Green Fairy says, to the effect that there is no love, only our sexual nature. And go with it. So yeah.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    What if God wants you to have sex before marriage for spiritual growth?

How do you feel about sex before marriage?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com