User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 169

  1. #111
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I do but I don't take all the rules at face value. My morals are shall we say...."flexible".
    You don't believe in the 10 Commandments?

    What doesn't make sense to you about them.
    @jixmixfix Why do you say it isn't God?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  2. #112
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    You don't believe in the 10 Commandments?

    What doesn't make sense to you about them.
    @jixmixfix Why do you say it isn't God?
    1. God says that being gay is a sin, but why is it a sin? Being gay hurts no one? It just means that you are attracted to people of the same gender. It shouldn't be considered a sin. That's just dumb.

    2. Why is sex before marriage a sin? Don't you have to get a feel for what you like before you marry a girl? You have to test drive a car before you buy it, come on?

    3. Why could God slaughter so many people in the first testament but yet at the same time call murder a sin? That's hipocritical.

    4. Why is gambling a sin? Many SJ Baptist preachers were once business owners and were in sales. Sales in a gamble: driving in my car to get to work is a gamble because I don't know if I will get in a car crash and die. Spending money is a gamble because my bank account could get robbed by some identity thief. Everything is a gamble so why is gambling wrong? That's just stupid.

    5. Why is looking at pornography a sin? Who is it hurting? We were all born naked anyhow so why is it a sin to look at naked women?

    6. Why am I supposed to take all these rules at face value and follow them blindly if they make no logical sense to me? It's just dumb.

  3. #113
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    1. God says that being gay is a sin, but why is it a sin? Being gay hurts no one? It just means that you are attracted to people of the same gender. It shouldn't be considered a sin. That's just dumb.
    If you are going by the 10 Commandments, it doesn't say that being gay is a sin. The other areas of the bible that refer to it could be referring to other things, I've heard. I am not a bible expert but I go by the 10 commandments to know what sin is.

    2. Why is sex before marriage a sin? Don't you have to get a feel for what you like before you marry a girl? You have to test drive a car before you buy it, come on?
    lol. Um. Yeah. I will post the 10 Commandments on the next post and you can see they say nothing about premarital sex.


    3. Why could God slaughter so many people in the first testament but yet at the same time call murder a sin? That's hipocritical.
    I am not a bible scholar or preacher. That question would be better suited to someone else.

    My knowledge is that God was punishing them for turning against his law for a very long time. Murder for God is not a sin. God cannot commit sin. We cannot understand God's Kingdom Plan.

    4. Why is gambling a sin? Many SJ Baptist preachers were once business owners and were in sales. Sales in a gamble: driving in my car to get to work is a gamble because I don't know if I will get in a car crash and die. Spending money is a gamble because my bank account could get robbed by some identity thief. Everything is a gamble so why is gambling wrong? That's just stupid.
    Is it a commandment? I think it could become a sin when it turns into 'stealing' or becomes not 'do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.' Like, hardcore swindler gambling?

    5. Why is looking at pornography a sin? Who is it hurting? We were all born naked anyhow so why is it a sin to look at naked women?
    Looking at pornography is not a sin per se, unless it breaks a commandment. The deal is that once you become born again, and let God into your heart and life, you can't help but want to be better and do his will. It becomes evident when you walk with God that lusting is sexually immoral. The bible speaks of sexual immorality so much I think because it is one of the easiest ways to slip into sin and to not live a fruitful life, which is what God wants for you and me.

    6. Why am I supposed to take all these rules at face value and follow them blindly if they make no logical sense to me? It's just dumb.
    The 10 Commandments make sense to just about everyone, I'd say.

    I'll post them now...



    Thanks for you questions, Oh Great One. I think I detected a definite 'friendly' vibe there.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  4. #114
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default The 10 Commandments~

    I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

    Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

    Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

    Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

    And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

    Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain: for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

    Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

    Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:

    But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

    And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

    Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

    Thou shalt not kill.

    Neither shalt thou commit adultery.

    Neither shalt thou steal.

    Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

    Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbour's wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbour's house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbour's.

    The above is from the KJV version of the Bible from Deuteronomy chapter 5. The King James Version of the Ten Commandments is on of the better known versions.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  5. #115
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    The interesting thing to me about this viewpoint on love is it being defined as enjoying all things on the basis of God. I understand this becomes self-affirming if we say "God is Love", and I suppose this works for two people who devote themselves to loving God together and through each other, but even then, I wonder about their true ability to appreciate and grow with each other. From another perspective, you're kind of leaving your partner out of the relationship when the focus is on God, whose nature is marred by human perception - in other words, however pure your thoughts, each human is going to conceptualize God a little bit differently and therefore fall prey to error in understanding God, so really aiming to enjoy God through your partner ends up being sort of like trying to revel in your own personal interpretation of what things ought to be through your partner. It's kind of self-centered. So, you mentioned something earlier about Paganism seeming to put enjoyment of sex first and love second, but then I'm not sure I understand how that's theoretically any different than putting personal interpretation of God first and love second. In both cases love is relegated to an aftereffect instead of a goal in and of itself. Is love theoretically an aftereffect of God? And if so, what exactly is love?

  6. #116
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    The interesting thing to me about this viewpoint on love is it being defined as enjoying all things on the basis of God. I understand this becomes self-affirming if we say "God is Love", and I suppose this works for two people who devote themselves to loving God together and through each other, but even then, I wonder about their true ability to appreciate and grow with each other. From another perspective, you're kind of leaving your partner out of the relationship when the focus is on God, whose nature is marred by human perception - in other words, however pure your thoughts, each human is going to conceptualize God a little bit differently and therefore fall prey to error in understanding God, so really aiming to enjoy God through your partner ends up being sort of like trying to revel in your own personal interpretation of what things ought to be through your partner. It's kind of self-centered. So, you mentioned something earlier about Paganism seeming to put enjoyment of sex first and love second, but then I'm not sure I understand how that's theoretically any different than putting personal interpretation of God first and love second. In both cases love is relegated to an aftereffect instead of a goal in and of itself. Is love theoretically an aftereffect of God? And if so, what exactly is love?

    To the bolded I'd respond that when St. Augustine said, 'enjoying each other on account of God', means..... something that is difficult to put into words for me right now. It's like having a consciousness about God and the love that flows between you two because of God, not just because you are hot for each other's bodies and horny. You can be hot for each other's bodies and horny, and I wanted to say this to that 'moist eye' of the dragon lol or whatever that post was earlier--love can be sexy and hot and even poly and still be sacred and ordained by the Lord. If it's love it glorifies Him naturally, because love is a gift from him that we enjoy. Our best one!

    And we should all put God first, even when married. If we did that, we'd all probably be a lot more content.


    Thanks for your post!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  7. #117
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    To the bolded I'd respond that when St. Augustine said, 'enjoying each other on account of God', means..... something that is difficult to put into words for me right now. It's like having a consciousness about God and the love that flows between you two because of God, not just because you are hot for each other's bodies and horny. You can be hot for each other's bodies and horny, and I wanted to say this to that 'moist eye' of the dragon lol or whatever that post was earlier--love can be sexy and hot and even poly and still be sacred and ordained by the Lord. If it's love it glorifies Him naturally, because love is a gift from him that we enjoy. Our best one!

    And we should all put God first, even when married. If we did that, we'd all probably be a lot more content.


    Thanks for your post!


    Well, thank you for your response!

    I'm still hung up on the idea of loving one another on the basis of belief. I guess when belief is the most important thing in your life, all other things come next. It's hard for me to understand that as a sexual-dominant too, because it seems like personal interpretation is then a rift between the two of you that is always put first. But then, I suppose this is more a musing on sx and relationships and less a question about sexual morality. So perhaps I should just go to the Enneagram forum and start an sx thread instead. :]

    Also - "moist eye of the dragon". That just sounds dirty.

  8. #118
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post


    Well, thank you for your response!

    I'm still hung up on the idea of loving one another on the basis of belief. I guess when belief is the most important thing in your life, all other things come next. It's hard for me to understand that as a sexual-dominant too, because it seems like personal interpretation is then a rift between the two of you that is always put first. But then, I suppose this is more a musing on sx and relationships and less a question about sexual morality. So perhaps I should just go to the Enneagram forum and start an sx thread instead. :]

    Also - "moist eye of the dragon". That just sounds dirty.
    I don't interpret it that way at all: That I have to love someone on the basis of belief. If I love God, then I bring that love to the relationship/friendship. I am loving another on account of God.

    "To enjoy oneself and one's neighbor on account of God," is the actual quote. It really doesn't have much to do with the other person, does it? If it's love from you, and you feel it's on account of God, then isn't that what is important?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  9. #119
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Looking at pornography is not a sin per se...
    Yes actually it is.

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    xxTP
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    ps. Accepting applications for sex slaves to be my 'personal assistants', duties various and multitudinous. [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    When's the audition?

Similar Threads

  1. Disabled woman was tortured and held as a sex slave
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 12:43 PM
  2. Uumlau answers your questions about Fi
    By uumlau in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM
  3. Questions about myself, and your opinions.
    By Serendipity in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO