failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    You've used the phrase twice now; I presumed you had some semblance of what the term meant. That certainly was not spelled out in the OP, and if it was, I didn't make sense of it.
    Sexual immorality is living a life of amoral sexuality.

I further define it by using God's word, the bible, as my guide.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Sexual immorality is living a life of amoral sexuality.

I further define it by using God's word, the bible, as my guide.
    So what is sexually immoral to you?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So what is sexually immoral to you?
    I think I spelled it out pretty clearly in the OP> Did you have a specific question?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think I spelled it out pretty clearly in the OP> Did you have a specific question?
    Those sexual rules don't make logical sense to me so therefore I don't follow them. Rules have to make logical sense for me to actually give a damn and actually follow them.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Those sexual rules don't make logical sense to me so therefore I don't follow them. Rules have to make logical sense for me to actually give a damn and actually follow them.
    Well, you must be a believer in God for them to make sense.

You are not a believer in God?

EDIT: Actually, they make much sense whether you are a believer or not. It's just that you might not internalize them like you would if you accepted God into your life.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ

Lepidus: What manner o' thing is your crocodile?
    Antony: It is shap'd, sir, like itself, and it is as broad as it hath breadth; it is just as high as it is, and moves with its own organs. It lives by that which nourisheth it, and the elements once out of it, it transmigrates.
    Lepidus: What color is it of?
    Antony: Of its own color too.
    Lepidus: 'Tis a strange serpent.
    Antony: 'Tis so. And the tears of it are wet.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Do you have any questions about sexual practices or sexual immorality?
    Im a virgin. So of course, lots.

Like: What is the best position to REALLY raise gods hackles?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Permabanned

EDIT: Actually, they make much sense whether you are a believer or not. It's just that you might not internalize them like you would if you accepted God into your life.
    No just a believer in the bible God is independent of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    No. They're totally detached from the founders. The reformation leaders were rooted in the bible, but they were also rooted in Creeds and Saints leading up to Aquinas.
    You mean anglicans or something like that?

I think you must have a very different perspective being from NI. In america I'd be surprised if many nondenominational Protestants are even aware of Calvin and Luther and what they taught on the most elementary level. That's why I think it's so weird that you tie together reformation beliefs with all the problems of modern evangelicalism when most are so detached from the beliefs and practices of the reformers.
    I'd admit that's probably the case, reading Erasmus and Luther's discourse on free will Erasmus comes of as the more modern and progressive thinker, without abandoning anything, Luther appears to be at once atavistic and radical or at least favouring radical change, ironically, a lot of the personality profiles of modern evangelists, certainly the street preachers I've encountered in NI, are similar to that of Luther.

Its part of the reason I was interested a while back in methodism and other tendencies like that because I wondered if they were much changed, protestant friends when I asked about distinctions told me that they were mainly cultural, different habits of dress on sundays or during the week, different attitudes to alcohol but what united them all was the same underlying unitary frame of reference.

I hope I'm not coming off like a bigot here because I'm not saying that I dont think they are entitled to those opinions or anything like that, they are and can do as the please on sundays, I just believe that its stuck in a moment. Not that the RCC hasnt its own tendencies which are similar either.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I do but I don't take all the rules at face value. My morals are shall we say...."flexible".