failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Agape love is not the same thing as romantic love. Agape love is what parents feel for their kids. Romantic love has a sexual component, agape love does not.
    Yes, I agree. Though not all parents have agape love for their kids. Agape love can be experienced by people, but it's so hard to maintain and so pure, I used God as the example of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I don't need to think about it. And I don't need you to tell me what's good for me. None of us do. If anyone is on the hunt here, it's you.
    When are you going to succumb to me, my hot little wily wench?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I see only Dick in my future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTj

*saved for future use as signature*
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

You can call me Dick. You can call me anything, Vixen.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Yes, I agree. Though not all parents have agape love for their kids. Agape love can be experienced by people, but it's so hard to maintain and so pure, I used God as the example of it.
    I agree with that. As for amour (romantic love), in Genesis 2, the human race began with the creation of a heterosexual couple, Adam and Eve. God commanded them to be fruitful and multiply. Genesis 2:24 states: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. Marriage is an institution God designed as a lifelong covenant relationship between a man and woman (Matt. 19:1-6).

For clarification, 1 Corinthians 13:4 where it talks a about love being patient, kind, etc., I believe it's talking about agape love (non-sexual).

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I agree with that. As for amour (romantic love), in Genesis 2, the human race began with the creation of a heterosexual couple, Adam and Eve. God commanded them to be fruitful and multiply. Genesis 2:24 states: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh. Marriage is an institution God designed as a lifelong covenant relationship between a man and woman (Matt. 19:1-6).
    You falsely quoted there. My bible (NIV) says unites. Bonds. Yes. But it doesn't say 'only.'

For clarification, 1 Corinthians 13:4 where it talks a about love being patient, kind, etc., I believe it's talking about agape love (non-sexual).
    Yes, I like that quote. Agape love is our ideal.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

A window to the soul

@AphroditeGoneAwry - If you truly want to know how God feels about homosexuality, take a look at the Mosaic Law. It is condemned as "detestable" and was punishable by death (Lev. 18:22; 20:13).

In the New Testament, Jesus was crucified to fulfill the law, but that does not suddenly make it okay. God detests sin. What that means is, I don't believe homosexuals are going to hell as long as they believe Jesus died for their sins; however, I do believe their faith in God will be a challenge, if they know in their heart they're dishonoring God.

I want to clarify, I am not the judge or the jury here. We all sin, but I have no idea what it's like to be a Christian homosexual.

I don't believe homosexuals are going to hell as long as they believe Jesus died for their sins
    I believe Santa Claus died for my sins, so I will not be going to hell.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

@AphroditeGoneAwry - If you truly want to know how God feels about homosexuality, take a look at the Mosaic Law. It is condemned as "detestable" and was punishable by death (Lev. 18:22; 20:13).

In the New Testament, Jesus was crucified to fulfill the law, but that does not suddenly make it okay. God detests sin. What that means is, I don't believe homosexuals are going to hell as long as they believe Jesus died for their sins; however, I do believe their faith in God will be a challenge, if they know in their heart they're dishonoring God.

I want to clarify, I am not the judge or the jury here. We all sin. I have no idea what it's like to be a Christian homosexual.
    Yeah. Leviticus. Not sure what to do about Leviticus, and all the mitzvot. We'd have to follow like 613 laws if we were to do it all, making homosexuality just one of hundreds of things that are 'detestable.'

I still go back to the 10 Commandments and the love/lust rule to help me determine and identify sexual immorality.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I believe Santa Claus died for my sins, so I will not be going to hell.
    I hope Santa didn't die. I sent him my Christmas list. My list starts with a new Mustang, a toy poodle pup, and ends with a new brother.