User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 159

  1. #61
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    If it were really that easy to choose and everyone had the capacity to have romantic feelings towards either sex or gender, there’d be *a lot* of people who would choose not to be gay.
    And quite a number who would choose to be gay.

    Yeah, doesn't work like that. More's the pity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #62
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    I'm not saying people would not be gay. People would be an open slate. I realize most people would fall out hetero and not homo in their relationships. But we are not really capable of knowing that always.

    You should not hunt for love. Love happens without hunting. It's when you hunt for love, or desire lust of the flesh, that you feel the urge to designate your sexual orientations and desires.

    Think about it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  3. #63
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    No. I specified there were many types of loves. And I'm not talking 'love language' either. Some loves will result in the ability/desire to be sexual in the expression of said love, many won't.

    I think what you are getting at, and what would be GREAT to be iterated at this point is that there can be so many kinds of love that never result in sexual desire. Our society seems to think you feel sex for everyone (even idols on tv, etc), but should only feel love for the lucky ones. It's actually the other way round. Or should be.

    We should actually be feeling LOVE for the amount we lust after now, and only feel sexy toward those few we happen to love in a particular way.
    I see; my apologies, I didn't read all of your posts.

    I pretty much agree with you. Of course, I can't feel the same love for a man I can for a woman (not that I feel love for multiple women at once: I only stick to one person for long periods of time). By trying to feel love for a man in the same way when I don't, it's the same as trying to not feel love for a particular gender: it's a denial of who you truly are and not good.

    Now, perhaps the same love that knights in Arthurian stories seem to display to each other I could do with, but not "sexual love".
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  4. #64
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    I see; my apologies, I didn't read all of your posts.

    I pretty much agree with you. Of course, I can't feel the same love for a man I can for a woman (not that I feel love for multiple women at once: I only stick to one person for long periods of time). By trying to feel love for a man in the same way when I don't, it's the same as trying to not feel love for a particular gender: it's a denial of who you truly are and not good.

    Now, perhaps the same love that knights in Arthurian stories seem to display to each other I could do with, but not "sexual love".
    You cannot know this. No one can.

    Many things happen to us and change us that we swore would not happen.

    Only God knows what we can do, and what we will do.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  5. #65
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    You cannot know this. No one can.

    Many things happen to us and change us that we swore would not happen.

    Only God knows what we can do, and what we will do.
    I'm saying I have not as of yet felt anything to a man.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  6. #66
    Gone Aesthete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    You cannot know this. No one can.

    Many things happen to us and change us that we swore would not happen.

    Only God knows what we can do, and what we will do.
    I'm saying I have not as of yet felt anything to a man.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

    Schopenhauer

  7. #67
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I think the ultimate expression a human can manifest is love. And not all love is created equal. I think the highest love is truly unconditional love, agape, which God has for us, his children.

    Upon contemplating a hypothetical romantic partner for myself, it dawned on me that if I say, "I am heterosexual and therefore my perfect mate is a male," that is the same as saying, "I am a homosexual and my perfect mate is a female". But what if my perfect mate is actually something other than what I think I identify with? This happens in other things regarding our lives, we think we *know* something but God shows us otherwise.

    I think perhaps the Godliest way to be, if we want to live in God's will for us, is to just say we are sexual, if we must say anything at all. Perhaps we should just say we are loving, because we should not really be sexing for sex's sake, but for love, making love the primary impetus for sensual and sexual relations anyway.

    If we say we are X-sexual, we are trying to control who we love. And we are saying that who we love is based on who we want to have sex with. We are allowing our sexual inclinations (more superficial) to dictate love. Since love is THE primary substance of everything (because God is love and God is everything), this is wrong. So, for these reasons identifying who we are based on some misguided sexual notions, is not Godly.

    So, no, I'm not bisexual. I'm not heterosexual. I'm not homosexual. I'm just loving. And when God wants me to have a sexualoving relationship, he'll give me someone to love that I may be sexual with.
    Agape love is not the same thing as romantic love. Agape love is what parents feel for their kids. Romantic love has a sexual component, agape love does not.

  8. #68
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I'm not saying people would not be gay. People would be an open slate. I realize most people would fall out hetero and not homo in their relationships. But we are not really capable of knowing that always.

    You should not hunt for love. Love happens without hunting. It's when you hunt for love, or desire lust of the flesh, that you feel the urge to designate your sexual orientations and desires.

    Think about it.
    I don't need to think about it. And I don't need you to tell me what's good for me. None of us do. If anyone is on the hunt here, it's you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #69
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I don't need to think about it. And I don't need you to tell me what's good for me. None of us do. If anyone is on the hunt here, it's you.

  10. #70
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    [is still here it seems]
    Why would someone who claims to be so holy be such a terrible liar?

    Shame on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. When there is no personality to type.
    By Tabula in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
  2. In Charity There is No Excess - Help Type Me!!
    By Applez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
  3. There is no such thing as personality.
    By ygolo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 10:13 AM
  4. If IP is EJ then is IP IP or can it be IJ?
    By Xander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO