User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I’m somewhat unusual in that I don’t feel any lust for someone without a foundation of something like agape forming first (I really need that foundation of respect and awe for humanity to be there)- so I do agree with your premise that love should ‘lead’ (at least, for me)- but I disagree that we can ‘choose’ anything.
    Good points. Actually I do need that sort of agape love; I was merely playing the devil's advocate. While casual sex is fine for me, I define it more like a temporary spiritual love relationship expressed in the physical, with no attachment to it being more than short term (even overnight). Most people think of love as romantic, and in that sense I can do it without love. I do not believe that sex equals love, unless we are simply talking about spiritual love expressed in the physical. I do believe that it is a spiritual thing when done right, and that can mean different things for different people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Denominations are rarely perfect. Some people are always deviating.

We just call them the exceptions that make the rule valid and be happy.

And that's why typology works.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Default To sex is easy. To love is hard.

Just a thought that goes with our theme here.

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I think the ultimate expression a human can manifest is love. And not all love is created equal. I think the highest love is truly unconditional love, agape, which God has for us, his children.
    Upon contemplating a hypothetical romantic partner for myself, it dawned on me that if I say, "I am heterosexual and therefore my perfect mate is a male," that is the same as saying, "I am a homosexual and my perfect mate is a female". But what if my perfect mate is actually something other than what I think I identify with? This happens in other things regarding our lives, we think we *know* something but God shows us otherwise.
    I think perhaps the Godliest way to be, if we want to live in God's will for us, is to just say we are sexual, if we must say anything at all. Perhaps we should just say we are loving, because we should not really be sexing for sex's sake, but for love, making love the primary impetus for sensual and sexual relations anyway.
    If we say we are X-sexual, we are trying to control who we love. And we are saying that who we love is based on who we want to have sex with. We are allowing our sexual inclinations (more superficial) to dictate love. Since love is THE primary substance of everything (because God is love and God is everything), this is wrong. So, for these reasons identifying who we are based on some misguided sexual notions, is not Godly.
    So, no, I'm not bisexual. I'm not heterosexual. I'm not homosexual. I'm just loving. And when God wants me to have a sexualoving relationship, he'll give me someone to love that I may be sexual with.
    I think you're just going too NF Sx dom with it
    but seriously, love is great n' all, but you're missing the entire point of classifying sexuality in the first place. sexual attraction is an objective, instinctual phenomenon and, for most, it occurs exclusively with one gender.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I disagree too, its not the first time I've heard this kind of thing and I think it goes beyond a contemporary dislike of labelling to a dislike of any real or potential restriction upon choice.

Although its fine not to want certain things too and to choose not to identify with them, no one should get butt hurt about it and feel rejected because like the majority of people you dont feel any sort of same sex attraction.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think you're just going too NF Sx dom with it
    but seriously, love is great n' all, but you're missing the entire point of classifying sexuality in the first place. sexual attraction is an objective, instinctual phenomenon and, for most, it occurs exclusively with one gender.
    I think my point is not to classify it at all. To stretch for a higher ideal.

Instead of delineating what women can do versus what men can do, women's lib was all about doing away with cultural gender roles and sexual boundaries. I think I just see this as an extenuation of that.

And don't worry, All the Other Posters who have quoted me (and those who haven't ), I WILL get back to you.

<3,
    ~A
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I disagree too, its not the first time I've heard this kind of thing and I think it goes beyond a contemporary dislike of labelling to a dislike of any real or potential restriction upon choice.
    Although its fine not to want certain things too and to choose not to identify with them, no one should get butt hurt about it and feel rejected because like the majority of people you dont feel any sort of same sex attraction.
    ^this
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I don't even really understand what Lark is talking about.

Lark?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't even really understand what Lark is talking about.

LOL. Nor me. (What's all this now about someone getting butt hurt and feeling rejected?)

Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I think the ultimate expression a human can manifest is love. And not all love is created equal. I think the highest love is truly unconditional love, agape, which God has for us, his children.

Upon contemplating a hypothetical romantic partner for myself, it dawned on me that if I say, "I am heterosexual and therefore my perfect mate is a male," that is the same as saying, "I am a homosexual and my perfect mate is a female". But what if my perfect mate is actually something other than what I think I identify with? This happens in other things regarding our lives, we think we *know* something but God shows us otherwise.

I think perhaps the Godliest way to be, if we want to live in God's will for us, is to just say we are sexual, if we must say anything at all. Perhaps we should just say we are loving, because we should not really be sexing for sex's sake, but for love, making love the primary impetus for sensual and sexual relations anyway.

If we say we are X-sexual, we are trying to control who we love. And we are saying that who we love is based on who we want to have sex with. We are allowing our sexual inclinations (more superficial) to dictate love. Since love is THE primary substance of everything (because God is love and God is everything), this is wrong. So, for these reasons identifying who we are based on some misguided sexual notions, is not Godly.

So, no, I'm not bisexual. I'm not heterosexual. I'm not homosexual. I'm just loving. And when God wants me to have a sexualoving relationship, he'll give me someone to love that I may be sexual with.
    Yeah, but va-jay-jays are gross.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth