MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

LOVE>sex

It's just that simple.

I'm just sharing. If what I have to say makes y'all feel defensive, you might want to explore that. But I do not expect my truth to be accepted by others. To each his own.

Selah~

~Aphrodite
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    LOVE>sex

It's just that simple.
    It appears not to be that simple, since it seems one also must believe in God and view the Bible as the word of God.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Or one could simply put love>sex.

How is that not simple?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

People kinda tend to get that way when they feel they are being attacked.

Your sharing style has a sanctimonious vibe. You may not mean it to sound like you know more than people do about their own thoughts, feelings, and experiences or that your ideas are universally true and applicable to everyone in all situations, and if they disagree they have a sin problem or aren't spiritual enough or really haven't thought enough about it or tried hard enough because if they did, they would jump on your band wagon, but that is basically how you are coming off, at least in this thread.

Like you are some kind authority on our libidos and genitals.

When someone says they *are* gay or straight you're all like "No you're not."

And they're like "I'm pretty sure I am. I've never liked boys/girls in my life that way."

And you're like "Well, maybe you should try them. You might like them. God might give you one of the kind you don't like and then what are you gonna do if you don't like both? Hmmm?"

And then they're like "I don't even believe in god/your God/your religion/Bible." or "I don't think God would give me someone I am not going to like that way."

And you're like "But it's totally true! You should believe in it/Him! And your sex will probably be bad if you don't." or "But he could and if you loved them enough you'd want to have sex with them regardless of silly things like what gender they are!"

And they're like "Okay . . . " *slowly backing away from the crazy lady* or
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I can see that you would take it that way.

But you don't need to. You can just read it, take what you want from it, and leave the rest (or all of it), if you don't like it.

I am not attacking you or anyone else. You guys are attacking me, however. For simply stating my truth. And what I see as true. Instead of 'referencing' my style of communication, or vibe, or persona, it would be more appropriate to stick to the topic at hand, and attack the argument, not the person.

Forums are places where heated and controversial topics are discussed. Don't be surprised when opinionated people give opinions. If you can't handle the heat, don't stare at, or play with, the fire. :whereissaryanfireemoticon?:

I'd love to discourse on this topic. I am not closed on this subject, indeed I'm just starting to really explore it. If I sound sanctimonious, it doesn't mean I'm locked into to, it just is how I am. Love me or leave me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    LOVE>sex

It's just that simple.

I'm just sharing. If what I have to say makes y'all feel defensive, you might want to explore that. But I do not expect my truth to be accepted by others. To each his own.

Selah~

~Aphrodite
    i suspect most posters in this thread would agree with these principles, but it is the application of these principles which you present in such a manner as to dismiss the uniqueness of how these broad concepts apply to individuals. What I am understanding from your text is that the application you present of these principles is being presented as universal.

I read your presentation of love to be specifically based on God, Christianity, and the Bible. These have been defined as the sources for understanding love. The specificity of this application dismisses the diverse and individual manner in which understanding the principle of love is achieved.

By defining sexuality as all possible applications of it, by saying that an individual should be open and capable of every expression of sexuality, including change in sexual orientation, you are also dismissing the diverse and individual manner in which people can experience sexuality. It is now because you assume a breadth of expression that is so general it becomes dismissive.

There is a lot of symmetry and perfectly constructed opposites in your thinking. You seek to create a sense of balance by bringing absolute extremes together. By taking each concept to its extreme, you inadvertently dismiss all individual specificity of how both concepts are reasonably and compassionately applied.

If it is now your position that you are not proposing a universal application of either love or sexuality, but are presenting the universal principle that love >sex and describe that for you personally that means that as long as you feel guided by the Christian god and the Bible, you feel there is meaning in exploring a wide range of sexual expressions, then I think most, if not all, posters have no quibble with you.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

No, not really. I just responded to cascade that the basic principle, on this tangent, is love>sex. Really this thread is about staying open to orientation, because orientation is really subjugated, or should be, to who you love. If it is not subjugated to who you love, then it's not a worthy expression to explore, because then you are being sexual just due to sensual reasons, not because of love. So, the two threads I started of late are inextricably linked, though I did not intend that when I made them.

It is interesting that they link up though, because that does imply a truth: The truth that love is more important than sex or orientation, or anything. It's clear to me. Whether you believe in God or not, most believe in love, because it's an emotion that we experience often, hopefully. If we more often feel sexual urgings or lustfulness, it might mean that we cannot love, or that it is blocked for some reason.

Instead of ANALyzing to death how I think or how I present things, I think it'd be more fruitful to analyze the topic at hand--how does the sexuality continuum work and how do we express ourselves as human being on that continuum and throughout life, and what makes some of us fluid on that continuum, and others not so fluid. The same could be said for other continuums as well, like the gender continuum.

If my thoughts seem extreme to you, I'm sorry. I like to get to the heart of matters.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The implication of what you're saying is that anyone hetero/homosexual identified is prioritizing lust over love by consciously constraining their range of who they can love on the basis of genitalia. Isn't it far more likely that they understand (1) that erotic love equally involves love feelings AND sexual feelings, and (2) that their sexual feelings are largely out of their conscious control? That would mean that "love" in the erotic sense is not separate from sexual feelings (and therefore can't precede sexual feelings in the way you suggest...just as sexual feelings can't precede love feelings), and that identification with an orientation is more a description of what they understand about themselves and their bodies than a prescriptive rule arbitrarily adopted.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The implication of what you're saying is that anyone hetero/homosexual identified is prioritizing lust over love by consciously constraining their range of who they can love on the basis of genitalia. Isn't it far more likely that they understand (1) that erotic love equally involves love feelings AND sexual feelings, and (2) that their sexual feelings are largely out of their conscious control? That would mean that "love" in the erotic sense is not separate from sexual feelings (and therefore can't precede sexual feelings in the way you suggest...just as sexual feelings can't precede love feelings), and that identification with an orientation is more a description of what they understand about themselves and their bodies than a prescriptive rule arbitrarily adopted.
    But isn't the converse suggesting that you pick who you 'can' love out of who you are physically attracted to, limiting? And I cannot really even follow that thought through logistically. If you can, it means that a person has either been cultivated to believe that they desire a certain 'group'; ........or has been sexual enough to know they do, meaning that they will be looking more for those sex cues than at the person itself when deciding upon whether she is a good mate.

If the former is the case, then if you filtered out cultural 'training' and the person dug below judgments and stereotypes and sexism, the person might be more open-minded than its environment provided for. If the latter is the case, then it means one is intentionally and strategically, even if unconsciously, eliminating a certain group because it has been conditioned, via experience or other things, to desire one group over another. Since the variable here is "lack of being in Certain Sexual Group", then that means one is choosing based on sexual characteristic and not the person himself.

If you fall at either end of the spectrum, and are vehement about it, then I'd say why are you being so vehement? I'd say that to gays and heteros. I'd say that to anyone who hardcore keeps themselves inside walls of any kind. I don't expect anyone else to get what I'm saying, and I'm not saying it has to be valid to everyone else. It's just become apparent to me recently.

Overall, my motto is
    ~in luce vive, vive in amore~
    whoever that may be
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com