User Tag List

First 12

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    This thread title makes me smile. Starts out very mundane, ends up very cosmic.
    Just like me.

MBTI
    INFJ

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Try not to confuse facial and hair enhancements with mental enlightenment and inner illumination.

The transformations are rather different in design.

I'm just being a nit picky bastard, but seriously, the way of honing the mind lies not in the mundane, but rather in the arcane!
    Oh, you would understand if you were a girly girl.

The mundane can stimulate reflection upon the arcane, thereby serving as a vehicle for the consciousness to ascend!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@greenfairy I suppose then the meaning of life could start with cosmetics, which is the mundane, and end in cosmology, which is the arcane.

Cosmic Consciousness is then the next step, becoming one with God, the infinite source.

And finally, we need to assume the complete power and control Gods commands, causing old worlds at will to vanish, and springing new ones into being.

Ironically, it all starts with pimping out your appearance!

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I like that song.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    @greenfairy I suppose then the meaning of life could start with cosmetics, which is the mundane, and end in cosmology, which is the arcane.

Cosmic Consciousness is then the next step, becoming one with God, the infinite source.

And finally, we need to assume the complete power and control Gods commands, causing old worlds at will to vanish, and springing new ones into being.

Ironically, it all starts with pimping out your appearance!
    Indeed. Beauty is a subset of harmony, which is a subset of balance; mastery of which leads to cosmic oneness and enlightenment.

The Enlightenment was based on evidence and reason, so is always provisional, reviseable and partial.

While total enlightenment gives us totalitarian ideology with total control, and absolute power over life and death.

So total enlightenment is the enemy of the Enlightenment. Yet how seductive we find totalitarianism - we fall for the totalitarian temptation.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

hmm.. abstract answer. I appreciate the universe for what it is giving me now. concrete answer. ran a bunch of errands to move closer toward achieving my goals and had some conversations with friends that led to each of us being able to share our selves
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFJ

Found a better animation of this (IMO)

The story behind this for those who don't get it:
    In this story Miku is a robot and is the last sign of humanity after a great war where the environment is destroyed and humans become extinct. A human had Miku hidden away with the sole purpose of growing a plant.

Miku decides to look for the human who gave her the plant, while waiting for it to grow, and goes all over the world, happily saying hello to everything and not really disturbed by anything in life because she doesn't have much concept of it. She slowly breaks down and starts falling apart.

When she's almost completely broken, she finally finds the grave of the human that gave her the plant, and upon seeing that he is already dead she feels emotions and is very, very sad. At this point her body finally gives out and she dies, but the plant has successfully been grown so she accomplished both her missions. The plant presumably goes wild and covers the earth.