User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your philosophy on God?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pantheism

6 10.53%
  • Agnosticism

7 12.28%
  • Apatheism

2 3.51%
  • Atheism

16 28.07%
  • Deism

1 1.75%
  • Henotheism

1 1.75%
  • Ignosticism

3 5.26%
  • Monotheism

13 22.81%
  • Panentheism

5 8.77%
  • Polytheism

0 0%
  • Theism

2 3.51%
  • Transtheism

1 1.75%
First 45678 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Infperson View Post
    I like the idea of one higher being that controls the environment. Evolution could be a great example to prove this. I don't belive in a personal god, who listen to someone's prays, more in an intelligent computer system, that formed the laws of nature. Would this be Pantheism or something like that? Though i voted atheism since i technically don't belief in god.
    The computer system hypothesis means God's creation is in essence a program or a hologram of sorts, and as such, it could theoretically be hacked, hence the grand design of the matrix could be altered. As far as its relation to Pantheism goes, it would indeed mean that all of existence has its roots orginating from the same source, that being the mind of God, a pantheistic conception.

So yes, I think your idea best fits the category of Pantheism.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The computer system hypothesis means God's creation is in essence a program or a hologram of sorts, and as such, it could theoretically be hacked, hence the grand design of the matrix could be altered. As far as its relation to Pantheism goes, it would indeed mean that all of existence has its roots orginating from the same source, that being the mind of God, a pantheistic conception.

So yes, I think your idea best fits the category of Pantheism.
    "computer system" is maybe the wrong term. I thought about something like a non-material power that is responsible for the universe as we know it today. The summary of all physical laws maybe. That's god to me and he's not like a human being with feelings and debilities. So, yes Pantheism seems to fit well.

MBTI
    INTJ

I put panentheist but it's the first time I've heard that term.

I think God is the predescribed being, the experience before thought, the only truth.

So I didn't pick pantheism because I do think our thoughts exist and therefore are part of the universe, though they're definitely not universal or godly.
    wails from the crypt.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

WALMART

I believe God is a sad clown. It explains everything.

The Iron Giant

I'm an atheist.

It depends on which God.

Is it the God Poseidon, or the God Zeus, or perhaps Brahma, or Allah, or Yahwah, or even the Trinity?

The Ancient Greeks were the first to come to the conclusion that the Gods represented natural forces and so science was born.

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I think panentheism captures best my philosophy towards God. But there are certainly elements of all the choices.

As far as religions go, I most strongly identify as Hindu. But I come from a Hindu tradition that believes that all sincerely followed paths seeking truth (including Atheism) lead eventually to God.
    I am quoting my response in the other thread.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

I didn't know about the concept of God, until someone explained it to me when I was eight years old. I thought it was odd. I still find it hard to believe, but I don't really care about if God does or doesn't exist. I know that the idea of God is now very widespread and everyone has heard of it, but let's say we'd live in a world where this idea would only be known amongst religious people. In that case I'd be curious what adults who never heard about God would react like if someone explained it to them. I think the idea of God could only make sense if you grew up in an environment where many people believed in it.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si