User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your philosophy on God?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pantheism

6 10.53%
  • Agnosticism

7 12.28%
  • Apatheism

2 3.51%
  • Atheism

16 28.07%
  • Deism

1 1.75%
  • Henotheism

1 1.75%
  • Ignosticism

3 5.26%
  • Monotheism

13 22.81%
  • Panentheism

5 8.77%
  • Polytheism

0 0%
  • Theism

2 3.51%
  • Transtheism

1 1.75%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I pretty much consider myself a Taoist/Pantheist, although I don't think about the labels too much.

It's tough for me to consider a Divine Being that is separate from me, as I have the spark of life in me, and can feel empathy and create things in my mind that can be built in the real world.

But I also think that I'm part of a greater 'Thing', that encompasses all living things, some not as smart or cool as me, but still part of Life/God/Whatever.
    'There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.' - George Carlin

MBTI
    STFU

panentheism. sounds good to me.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

In the prosperous West authorities are losing their power.

And as authority has relied on the absolute authority of God, God is losing his power too.

And as we know that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, it is a relief to know that the absolute power of God is losing its force to hypnotise us.

However this is only true in the West, in other parts of the world, God maintains his absolute power.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@Victor you say you don't believe in the power of God, yet you voted Agnostic. I thought Agnostics haven't formed any set decision on what God, if he exists, really is, but then again, perhaps you just have formed tentative judgments on what God might be, but if new evidence comes in, it seems perhaps that you could change your opinion. Am I understanding your position correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    @Victor you say you don't believe in the power of God, yet you voted Agnostic. I thought Agnostics haven't formed any set decision on what God, if he exists, really is, but then again, perhaps you just have formed tentative judgments on what God might be, but if new evidence comes in, it seems perhaps that you could change your opinion. Am I understanding your position correctly?
    Yes, that's right. And I am waiting on evidence whether or not there is a teapot in orbit around the Sun. It's just that I suspect the chances of such evidence appearing are slim, and the same for God.

But really the kicker is the moral argument against God.

For we know that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrrupts absolutely. And as God has absolute power, God is absolutely corrupt.

But worse, by worshipping an absolutely corrupt God, we become corrupt ourselves.

So common decency suggests we cease worshipping a God with absolute power.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Agnostic. I'm not sure I really believe in God, but to claim to know for sure that there is no God feels arrogant to me. Theists believe in waht can't be proven by way of faith; do atheists have faith in the nonexistence of God? I don't know. So yeah, agnosticism.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

And look how God has demonstrated His absolute power - He has oppressed women and abused children. And today we are still trying to clean up the mess.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    For we know that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrrupts absolutely. And as God has absolute power, God is absolutely corrupt.
    I believe the fault lies not in the possession of power, but rather in the way power can be misused, since if power is used with virtue, there is no end to the wonders such magic can wreak upon the world.

Power should be sought without reservation or hesitation, as it gives us greater mastery over the forces of existence.

I theorize also that our mental power grows in proportion to our level of knowledge, as with it, we have more light from which to see and perceive things, leading to our ultimate liberation.

It follows then that knowledge, assuming your axiom quoted above to be correct, as well as mine on the power knowledge can bestow upon us, is a pathway to the dark side, the way of evil and vice, since with the knowledge would come power, hence corruption would come too.

If my logic is faulty somewhere, don't hesitate to correct me, as I take great pleasure in arguments and confrontations of all kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I believe the fault lies not in the possession of power, but rather in the way power can be misused, since if power is used with virtue, there is no end to the wonders such magic can wreak upon the world.

Power should be sought without reservation or hesitation, as it gives us greater mastery over the forces of existence.

I theorize also that our mental power grows in proportion to our level of knowledge, as with it, we have more light from which to see and perceive things, leading to our ultimate liberation.

It follows then that knowledge, assuming your axiom quoted above to be correct, as well as mine on the power knowledge can bestow upon us, is a pathway to the dark side, the way of evil and vice, since with the knowledge would come power, hence corruption would come too.

If my logic is faulty somewhere, don't hesitate to correct me, as I take great pleasure in arguments and confrontations of all kinds.
    Liberal Democracy evolved to deal with Absolute Power. And the proof of the pudding is in the eating and Liberal Democracy abolished slavery in 1833 for the first time in history. And Liberal Democracy emancipated women at the beginning of the 20th century for the first time in history. And Liberal Democracy is, as I write, abolishing institutional abuse of children for the first time in history.

On the other hand Absolute Power brought us institutional slavery, the chattelization of women, and the abuse of children.

And to boot, Absolute Power has fought Liberal Democracy every step of the way.