failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I like it because, "Wind in the Willows", is a secret portal.

And it is a portal that only reveals its secret after, "Wind in the Willows", has been read fifty times.

As you may have noticed, on first reading, "Wind in the Willows", is seen by the part of the brain that understands words, the verbal part of our brain, that is, it is read by the left side of our brain.

However after reading, "Wind in the Willows", fifty times the left side of our brain, knows the words by heart and stops paying attention. And so attention passes to the right side of our brain.

So after fifty readings, the left side of our brain becomes less attentive and the right side our brain becomes more attentive.

And the right side of our brain is the non-verbal part of our brain. The right side of our brain is another world of shape, movement, colour and sound. It is another part of ourselves.

And the portal from the verbal, left side of our brain to the non-verbal, right side of our brain is to read, "Wind in the Willows", fifty times.

I discovered this secret portal by accident as I read, "Wind in the Willows", every morning as I ate my cornflakes, until after fifty readings, the portal opened to me.

@AphroditeGoneAwry
    Well, it is nearly against my religion to read such things because it appears that not only is a major? character in the book a demonic type entity, but he is worshiped like God, which makes me intensely uncomfortable at the least and highly irritable at the most. At least that is what I took away from my limited reading.

EDIT: And why is that portal so important?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Well, it is nearly against my religion to read such things because it appears that not only is a major? character in the book a demonic type entity, but he is worshiped like God, which makes me intensely uncomfortable at the least and highly irritable at the most.
    "Wind in the Willows", is a children's book. It is time-honoured. It is treasured. It is charming. It is well balanced. And it is well written. It is a beautiful book.

On the other hand, demons don't exist. So religions that teach demonology are superstitious, ugly and damaging to the psyche.

But if we take, "Wind in the Willows", to our hearts, we become beautiful.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

"Wind in the Willows", is a children's book. It is time-honoured. It is treasured. It is charming. It is well balanced. And it is well written. It is a beautiful book.

On the other hand, demons don't exist. So religions that teach demonology are superstitious, ugly and damaging to the psyche.

But if we take, "Wind in the Willows", to our hearts, we become beautiful.

It might be charming and well written, but anything that glorifies worshiping an entity other than our God is not worth a second glance. Especially something that might influence those weaker or smaller or more vulnerable, namely children. The author, upon writing and publishing that book, committed evil.

I think I understand the 'portal' though...Do you think it really has much to do with a right-brain/left-brain phenomenon though?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Hehe:

It might be gruesome and terribly written, but anything that glorifies worshiping our God is worth a second glance. Especially something that might influence those weaker or smaller or more vulnerable, namely children. The authors, upon writing and circulating that bible, committed evil.

I think I understand the 'portal' though...Do you think it really has much to do with a right-brain/left-brain phenomenon though?
    The corpus callosum is the portal between our left and right brain.

It might be charming and well written, but anything that glorifies worshiping an entity other than our God is not worth a second glance. Especially something that might influence those weaker or smaller or more vulnerable, namely children. The author, upon writing and publishing that book, committed evil.
    This is a bizarre attack on a wonderful children's book and completely unacceptable to me.

Our brain is not only divided into left and right hemispheres, but our brain is divided in at least four other ways.

And our brain ports between the various parts.

Almost all our portals are personally unconscious, and interestingly most of our portals are socially induced.

However we are now becoming conscious of our portals. Neuroscience is showing us the divided structure of the brain and the 'doors' or portals between each part.

Also the mystics amongst us are learning to consciously move between each part - our mystics are learning to portal.

Even our poets portal -

The port
    was longing

the port
    was longing

not for
    this ship

not for
    that ship

not for
    this ship

not for
    that ship

the port
    was longing

the port
    was longing

not for
    this sea

not for
    that sea

not for
    this sea

not for
    that sea

the port
    was longing

the port
    was longing

not for
    this &

not for
    that

not for
    this &

not for
    that

the port
    was longing

the port
    was longing

not for
    this &

not for
    that

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

This is a bizarre attack on a wonderful children's book and completely unacceptable to me.
    And your applause of evil is completely unacceptable to me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Our brain is not only divided into left and right hemispheres, but our brain is divided in at least four other ways.

And our brain ports between the various parts.

Almost all our portals are personally unconscious, and interestingly most of our portals are socially induced.

However we are now becoming conscious of our portals. Neuroscience is showing us the divided structure of the brain and the 'doors' or portals between each part.

Also the mystics amongst us are learning to consciously move between each part - our mystics are learning to portal.
    Hmm. I don't know any of these mystics. Are you talking about meditation?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com