• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would you do if you were omnipotent?

Rad3k

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Imagine that you have unlimited powers. You can't defy logic, but you can freely alter the reality, e.g. make something disappear, imagine physical objects into existence, and even erase entire universe (including yourself or not) as well as create a new one from scratch. You're still human, meaning that you're limited by your physical body, but nothing stops you from modifying it (like making yourself effectively immortal).

1. What would you do at first?
2. What would you change in the world around you?
3. If you chose not to die, how would you spend the eternity?

I think I know my answers, but I'm not going to post them yet - I'd like to see some of yours first.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'd become a trickster goddess of music and nature. Not evil, and definitely not good.

I would not deceive or require people to worship me, and I probably wouldn't care if they did, and I wouldn't be malicious to followers. I may benefit people if it's according to my whims since I really have nothing against doing so.

Unless people are asshats and just happen to catch my attention at the wrong place and the wrong time, at which point I will turn them into toads, if I'm in that mood. Or I might just see what they do and see how other people handle them.

Or I might turn people into cupcakes just because.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I would actually keep these powers a secret. Fame isn't my desire. Are we allowed to make our family live forever also? What about getting rid of all causes of death completely and colonizing other planets while solving world hunger? I'd do these. Also I'd be super rich and get whatever material goods I desired.

Unless people are asshats and just happen to catch my attention at the wrong place and the wrong time, at which point I will turn them into toads, if I'm in that mood. Or I might just see what they do and see how other people handle them.

:laugh:

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would swim through space. And then glide through time. I would live inside my favorite people. I'd performance art where everyone had the same physical sensation in moment. I'd sink to the bottom of the ocean.

I'd live simultaneous lives of every choice I've ever had.

I wouldn't live forever

W

WALMART

An eternal existence of subterfuge, sowing sequential social subsidence - one civilization after another, cultivating their wants and needs time after time only to smash them back down into chaotic disarray.

Humans are surprisingly resilient. It will be fun to watch them build and build again.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. What would you do at first?
I would annihilate all suffering at a universal level.
2. What would you change in the world around you?
Happiness would be shared among everyone and hence it would be perfect.
3. If you chose not to die, how would you spend the eternity?
A journey without end to the very edge of infinity would commence in an epic quest for meaning.
[MENTION=6752]Rad3k[/MENTION] this is actually the most interesting thread theme I have ever seen on this forum. The question of what one as powerful as God would do, whatever that may be, is one that crosses the very artifical boundaries of thought itself, as well as a means of acheivement towards a divine destination. No effort could be better spent than this lofty accomplishment.

Rad3k

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At first I would probably just explore, try to figure out how it all works. The universe in general, biological life, then I would take a good look at humans - I would try to undestand why the world is the way it is.

But from then, things could become problematic. If I could do anything I wanted without any effort, I'd hardly get any satisfaction from it. With no real challenge, it would quickly get incredibly boring. I would try to limit my power in some way, come up with some rules and obey them. Say, if my aim was to end all wars, I could make it a challenge by agreeing to do it only by making people laugh uncontrollably, with a limit of one person at once.

[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]
I'm not sure about eradicating all evil (whatever it is) and making everyone happy. Would it be even possible without turning poeple into mindless zombies, unconditionally programmed for happiness? Without taking away their free will? Would happiness have any meaning if there was no suffering? By the way, I'm glad that you find it an interesting topic :)

[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION]
At first I thought: "An evil god? Man, it would suck to be human even more than it does now!", but then... Would you even need to do anything?

Like when you're hungry? :shock:

W

WALMART

I am glad you caught the satire. I don't need to do anything, but if I am to see the levels of cataclysm I dream of, intervention will be a necessity :devil:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would create create create. Firstly, I would invent all possible worlds and fill them with all possible being then I would EXPLORE EXPLORE EXPLORE!!!! One example, would be for example whole worlds dedicated to random experiments like a "cancer" world that was composed largely of uncontrolled self-replicating cells. Yes, cancers would still exist. There would be extremely low entropy worlds where humans could live for 1,000 years and roiling magnetic dynamos that encircle galaxies. There would be universes of negative curvature and biochemistries with hydrogen flouride as a solvent and there would be universes composed of fantasy creatures like unicorns and gnomes, and nightmare worlds of vampires and werewolves, and worlds with space faring klingons, worlds where the christian god was real and in charge of the planet, worlds were Ganesh, Isis, Neptune, Marduk, Wolverine, etc walked freely. Worlds where the nerds would be gods haha and worlds of cannibalistic gluttony worlds Persia conquered greece where the Mayans fought off spanish invasion where Seleucia did not fall and all of these worlds would interact and create further insanity like zombie borg alexander the great fights the tyranids for control of the planet dune. It would be a place of much wonder and beauty where hive minds of nanobots learn to fall in love and the permittivity of free space would be a song composed of the motions of the matter entanglement density of a given hilbert space completion.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Erase the universe and everyone in it, sit around until I got bored, and then think of as many ways as possible the previous universe could have been improved and create that new universe. Rinse and repeat. I'd figure out what else to do from there. That's just what immediately comes to mind.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd start working towards omniscience. Infinite power without infinite knowledge sounds like a recipe for disaster.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd start working towards omniscience. Infinite power without infinite knowledge sounds like a recipe for disaster.

To excercise power action must take place. For action to take place media is needed and interactions between it. Media are composed of information. So to have infinite power is to have infinite being is to have have infinite knowledge.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
make myself omniscient.

edit:
*scrolls up* sees
damn it :ranting:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh dear. I'd try so hard to make everything better for all people and all things, but I can barely remember to pay the bills and about 90% of the times I don't listen to my husband he turns out to be right. I don't think an omnipotent cafe would end well.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Redistribute resources first. Make sure no one is wanting. Eliminate disease, pain, sorrow. Give everyone a healthy dose of appreciation for the beauty of the universe and the sacredness of life. Create new worlds to propagate on and explore. Let people pass into peaceful rest or new stages of consciousness if and when they choose. Grant my close family and boyfriend the same powers if they would like them, especially because being the only powerful being would get boring and too heavy a burden very fast. Give myself big soft feathery wings, make beautiful pink-purple sunsets, and fly amongst the clouds. Curl up every night with my sweet boyfriend in a luxuriously decorated bungalow tucked on the side of a mountain on the ocean waters.

Yes, I recognize this is idealistic. I am an NFP, that is what we do.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To excercise power action must take place. For action to take place media is needed and interactions between it. Media are composed of information. So to have infinite power is to have infinite being is to have have infinite knowledge.
I may agree with you if it weren't for so many politicians and talking heads who execute far more power than their level of intelligence should ever facilitate.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure about eradicating all evil (whatever it is) and making everyone happy. Would it be even possible without turning poeple into mindless zombies, unconditionally programmed for happiness? Without taking away their free will? Would happiness have any meaning if there was no suffering? By the way, I'm glad that you find it an interesting topic :)

I believe in living a life without restrictions, having no way as way, having no limitation as limitation, to quote Bruce Lee. One of these laws I would bend to my will is the law of cause and effect, or that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, like good being dependent upon the existence of evil, and vice versa. By smashing asunder these laws, we can go from static categories and reference points from which to compare and understand things, to creating a systematic chain of contingency, following our own planning, and being brought to bear by our command, like as we pull, so does the object in bondage dance. I am saying that we need to find a way to be on the leading edge, to not be controlled by the laws of logic, but rather make them in accorance with our own designs. With such supreme and omnipotent power, the eternal laws of existence, such as good and evil, could be cast into oblivion. This blueprint for success is, to me, the greatest goal we can ever hope to acheive, and even if it is not completely achievable, at least not in a future that we can forsee, at least it is the ultimate ideal we can all aspire towards, so a mission of this enormous magnitude should give our lives plenty of purpose and meaning, as we emerge all the more powerfully and triumphantly from the struggle against the pitiless elements of creation, which of course could, one day, become our obendiant and toiling slaves. As extreme as my philosophy sounds, I believe we must make radical manuevers in order to turn the world on its head and transform into higher levels of being, transcending the matrix, and finally, finding freedom.

A

Anew Leaf

I would make a planet made out of cake and then I would spend many years nibbling on the cake. And then I would make a magical shark-unicorn that I would ride through space exploring the universe.

The End.