• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thanksgiving

gromit

likes this
I attended a choir performance this evening themed around gratitude... my parents performed. I liked that theme. There's a lot that is hard and sad and a pain about life. Everybody knows that. But there's almost always something that can make you glad too.

• I'm glad I went to that performance, it didn't cost any money, I saw a family friend I hadn't seen in a long time.
  • Today I also found out that my aunt agreed to try a type of chemo that it is compatible with her vaccine study and also with the other treatment she is getting.
  • Also thankful for pumpkin pie and the internet and getting an education.
  • Election is over.

What are you thankful for?

Last edited:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MY FREAKING FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!! No need to buy presents and pretend you like ones that you don't instead you just eat a lot of good food and watch the lions lose to the packers :laugh:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I adore TG. Delicious food, wine, family... This year it will be at the gorgeous house of my aunt and uncle with their gorgeous new baby (my adorable cousin Claire, three weeks old). My fiancé and I haven't attended one of my family's holiday parties for years because, we'll, they're crazy and rude, but this year we are doing it for our love of Claire and her lovely parents.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess it's okay...if the stuffing is made correctly.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanksgiving is by far my least favorite holiday. It's all about food, and I'm not into most of the foods served on Thanksgiving. My favorite way to spend Thanksgiving is with pizza and football :)

gromit

likes this
Thanksgiving is by far my least favorite holiday. It's all about food, and I'm not into most of the foods served on Thanksgiving. My favorite way to spend Thanksgiving is with pizza and football :)

Aw sad... I loooove the food we eat at Thanksgiving. My family join up with my parents' neighbors, who are Indian, so we have lots of cumin and coriander and paneer and biryani, which goes amazingly well with cornbread and cranberries and stuff like that!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My husband likes the holiday. I could take it or leave it. Because of this, he usually does most of the cooking.

Holidays were more fun when I wasn't the mom. The mom ends up doing a crap-load of work a lot of times. If I do all the stuff I'm supposed to do, I am way too tired to enjoy anything. I'd be just fine with Banquet turkey pot pies and pumpkin turn overs from McDonald's. I've been trying to talk my husband into that for years, but he's not having any of it.

This year, we might be having dinner with another family. A family that loves to cook and are generally pleasant, funny people. It sounds like it might be fun. We'll see.

metalmommy

so ready
Thanksgiving this year is bittersweet for me. Last year, my dad came down to visit me and my new baby. I made my first Thanksgiving day spread. I was so proud of myself. Lol

This year, my dad (my only family) has disowned me over a misunderstanding on his part. I'm getting divorced and am about to move out and be a single mom to 2 little boys.

However, despite all the hurt, I am thankful for a few things:

• my boys. they are the light of my life and can bring me joy no matter how down I might be
  • my job. they have supported me in a way I could not have anticipated. they have given me an incredible opportunity, and I am very grateful.
  • my ex in progress. he has handled this process very gracefully and has helped to make what could be a very awful, ugly experience something that we can both be proud of and learn from. I believe we'll both be better people on the other side of this.
  • my friend who has been there for me as much as time allows. it's rare that I really connect with someone, and this friendship has become very valuable to me. I am grateful for it, even with it's limitations.

I do believe it is important to be thankful, and I try to remember to be...even when I'm feeling so overwhelmed by the pain & chaos that currently surrounds me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is my first time baking frozen pies ever. I don't think I've ever even used a conventional oven before. And I'm doing it while hungover. I'm baking them because I didn't know you had to bake them...I thought they were just thawed. But regardless, I feel so gay right now.

A

Anew Leaf

i am thankful for stars and stardust and glitter that was once the breath of space floating ever so gently raining down upon everything like light falling into place finally after traveling so long.

also sharks. ALWAYS SHARKS.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i am thankful for stars and stardust and glitter that was once the breath of space floating ever so gently raining down upon everything like light falling into place finally after traveling so long.
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] would agree with you.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aw [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION], what a nice thread idea. :heart:

I'm thankful that I had enough money to be able to come home to see my family on Thanksgiving. Two years ago, I didn't, so now the holiday tastes even sweeter (so to speak!).

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ALL ABOUT FOOD FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My husband likes the holiday. I could take it or leave it. Because of this, he usually does most of the cooking.

Holidays were more fun when I wasn't the mom. The mom ends up doing a crap-load of work a lot of times. If I do all the stuff I'm supposed to do, I am way too tired to enjoy anything. I'd be just fine with Banquet turkey pot pies and pumpkin turn overs from McDonald's. I've been trying to talk my husband into that for years, but he's not having any of it.

This year, we might be having dinner with another family. A family that loves to cook and are generally pleasant, funny people. It sounds like it might be fun. We'll see.
Lol. I see you married a man from the 1950's. Well... except he does most of the cooking. Maybe his family is very traditional and it rubbed off on him (in reference to his attachment to this holiday).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is my first time baking frozen pies ever. I don't think I've ever even used a conventional oven before. And I'm doing it while hungover. I'm baking them because I didn't know you had to bake them...I thought they were just thawed. But regardless, I feel so gay right now.
Don't feel gay. Feel self-sufficient. :pumpyouup:

metalmommy

so ready
I'm also thankful for alcohol while I spend the day at my ex in progress's mother's house. Alcohol makes for less awkward.