• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Irredentist Catholicism and Islam

Mole

Permabanned
George Cardinal Pell, Australia's leading Catholic, has just returned from Rome with a message.

And the message is that Roman Catholicism has made an alliance with Islam against Secularism.

This is nothing new as Roman Catholicism made an alliance with European Fascism until it was defeated.

Secularism made it possible for the warring Christian religions to live at peace with each other, but now we have an irredentist Catholicism allied with an irredentist Islam.

Mole

Permabanned
The Roman Catholic Church strikes back

A senior serving police officer in the New South Wales Police Service, Senior Detective Peter Fox, has written to the Premier of NSW, Mr O'Farrell, calling for a Royal Commission to enquire into child sexual abuse and its institutional cover up by the Roman Catholic Church.

Senior Detective Peter Fox wrote, "I can testify from my own experience that the [Roman Catholic] church covers up, silences victims, hinders police investigations, destroys evidence and moves priests to protect the good name of the church".

The RC Church has rejected a Royal Commission and has struck back by allying themselves with Islam against Secularism.

And unsurprisingly, in the eyes of the RC Church, those calling for a Royal Commission are Secularists.

Lark

George Cardinal Pell, Australia's leading Catholic, has just returned from Rome with a message.

And the message is that Roman Catholicism has made an alliance with Islam against Secularism.

This is nothing new as Roman Catholicism made an alliance with European Fascism until it was defeated.

Secularism made it possible for the warring Christian religions to live at peace with each other, but now we have an irredentist Catholicism allied with an irredentist Islam.

Something, something, something, dark side.

Your posts make me sad Victor, I pray your bigotry doesnt catch on.

Lark

A senior serving police officer in the New South Wales Police Service, Senior Detective Peter Fox, has written to the Premier of NSW, Mr O'Farrell, calling for a Royal Commission to enquire into child sexual abuse and its institutional cover up by the Roman Catholic Church.

Senior Detective Peter Fox wrote, "I can testify from my own experience that the [Roman Catholic] church covers up, silences victims, hinders police investigations, destroys evidence and moves priests to protect the good name of the church".

The RC Church has rejected a Royal Commission and has struck back by allying themselves with Islam against Secularism.

And unsurprisingly, in the eyes of the RC Church, those calling for a Royal Commission are Secularists.

You would exploit the abuse of children to further the cause of secularism?

Well, shame on you.

Mole

Permabanned
You would exploit the abuse of children to further the cause of secularism?

Well, shame on you.

Shame on me? Why, even George Cardinal Pell has the grace to publicly admit his shame.

Mole

Permabanned
Spitting Insults

Your posts make me sad Victor, I pray your bigotry doesnt catch on.

A number of members now feel free to insult me by calling me a bigot.

And yet as I write, our Australian Parliament is debating whether to legislate for a Royal Commission to inquire into child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church and the subsequent obstruction of justice.

So I am being insulted for reporting the debates in our Australian Parliament.

So I call upon the moderators to enforce the rules of Typology Central and stop the insults.

And remember an insult is like spitting in someone's face.

Lark

Shame on me? Why, even George Cardinal Pell has the grace to publicly admit his shame.

Shame on anyone who has sought to exploit the abuse of children to score points. There's only one person doing that consistently on the forum Victor.

Lark

A number of members now feel free to insult me by calling me a bigot.

And yet as I write, our Australian Parliament is debating whether to legislate for a Royal Commission to inquire into child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church and the subsequent obstruction of justice.

So I am being insulted for reporting the debates in our Australian Parliament.

So I call upon the moderators to enforce the rules of Typology Central and stop the insults.

And remember an insult is like spitting in someone's face.

I'm not insulting you Victor. I also dont believe that I would spit in anyones face. Ever.

Although you're not simply reporting on the Australian parliament's investigation of child abuse, that's one matter, you're using it as another opportunity to open an attack up on the roman catholic community in australia and also the world, if it were not this issue then it would be another, like meetings with muslims or something else. At least have some integrity and admit to what you are doing.

Nicodemus

you're using it as another opportunity to open an attack up on the roman catholic community in australia and also the world, if it were not this issue then it would be another, like meetings with muslims or something else. At least have some integrity and admit to what you are doing.
You make it sound as if attacking the Catholic Church for shielding criminals from prosecution is a bad thing. And even if child abuse is just the current ammunition, the target was not chosen arbitrarily. People attack the Church not because of its beautiful chapels, but because it is a morally corrupt organization with a long history of crime.

Lark

You make it sound as if attacking the Catholic Church for shielding criminals from prosecution is a bad thing. And even if child abuse is just the current ammunition, the target was not chosen arbitrarily. People attack the Church not because of its beautiful chapels, but because it is a morally corrupt organization with a long history of crime.

I know that's how you see it, its not a lack of insight into why people attack things.

Here, what about the gold loving Jews and their global conspiracy?

See what I mean? I know you dont.

Nicodemus

I know that's how you see it, its not a lack of insight into why people attack things.

Here, what about the gold loving Jews and their global conspiracy?

See what I mean? I know you dont.
I see what you mean, but I also see that you misapply it.

Mole

Permabanned
An Historic Moment

We are living through a wonderful moment in history. For in 1833 institutional slavery was abolished for the first time by the House of Commons; New Zealand and Australia emancipated women for the first time at the turn of the 20th century; and in November, 2012 Australia is one of the first nations to have a national Royal Commission into the institutional abuse of children.

Mole

Permabanned
Just yesterday the Australian Cabinet recommended a National Royal Commission to enquire into child abuse in all Australian institutions. And yesterday our Prime Minister (look to your left) took the Recommendation to our Governor General for Assent.

A National Royal Commission is a Judicial Body with Coercive Powers. It is fully funded and will run for two years or more.

Mole

Permabanned
Liberal democracy knows that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, so liberal democracy seeks to limit power.

So liberal democracy limited power over slaves for the first time in 1833; and liberal democracy limited power over women at the turn of the 20th century; and as I write, liberal democracy is limiting power over children.

S

Sniffles

Lions, and tigers, and Jesuits! Oh, my!

Anti-Catholic-cartoon.jpg

Lark

Liberal democracy knows that power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely, so liberal democracy seeks to limit power.

So liberal democracy limited power over slaves for the first time in 1833; and liberal democracy limited power over women at the turn of the 20th century; and as I write, liberal democracy is limiting power over children.

Your eventual disillusionment with liberal democracy would be sweet, that is if it wherent so apparent that liberal democracy is a flag of convenience for hating on something else.